PDA

View Full Version : BC2 "switch team" exploit.

Overt.Enemy
05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone ever notice this? I did it today by accident in squad DM. Here's what happened:

1. I just got killed I'm waiting to spawn and my camera is following one of my squad-mates.

2. The spawn timer goes down to about two or one second as I'm switching squads to a more populated one.

3. I switch squads and about the same time I spawn on my old teammate, from the squad I just switched from. But now he's the enemy since I just switched squads, so I shank him in the back.

Strange exploit and I've done it about three times now each time by accident. Anyone else ever notice this?

RadioDude
05-15-2010, 07:10 PM
wait, how does switching squad make your old squad members an enemy? you guys are still on the same team

solidmoose
05-15-2010, 07:11 PM
wait, how does switching squad make your old squad members an enemy? you guys are still on the same team

Squad Deathmatch.

Overt.Enemy
05-15-2010, 07:12 PM

Squad DM, there are 4 squads, each is the enemy. The only non-enemies are people in your sqaud in this game type.

forceNet
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
first witnessed this last week when I played atacama and well - just imagine a new round starts, you spawn just to see your havok take off and you obviously don't care and head for the t90 but then you hear "enemy chopper spotted" and the havok starts shining orange.. I stopped moving and went o________O for like 10s

IDUNNOLOL
05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks, bro, time to some pig knifing.

IR Baboon
05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I call bull♥♥♥♥ on your story, everyone knows that you can't knife from the back anymore due to beyond broken knife mechanics!

Overt.Enemy
05-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I call bull♥♥♥♥ on your story, everyone knows that you can't knife from the back anymore due to beyond broken knife mechanics!

No actually it works sometimes. Just not most of the time. And why would I lie? Also like how you call BS on my story even though there's a post two above yours where someone else confirms they've seen it too. Guess he's lying too, right?

ryou
05-17-2010, 06:06 PM

if they are moving or crouched it will work 90% of the time if they are stood still, save yourself the time and shoot.

ps. overt, s/he was being sarcastic.

Overt.Enemy
05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
ps. overt, s/he was being sarcastic.

I see no indication that's the case. At all.

IR Baboon
05-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I see no indication that's the case. At all.

You mean aside from the obvious giant jab at DICE right?

Overt.Enemy
05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
You mean aside from the obvious giant jab at DICE right?

I was just being sarcastic. Didn't you see it?

omghi2u
05-18-2010, 08:21 PM
I was just being sarcastic. Didn't you see it?

no you weren't, quit lying

anyways the bug is probably easier to pull off in squad dm but it works in all game modes you can spawn at the enemy base by having that point selected, switching teams and then spawning.

Seanek
05-18-2010, 08:30 PM
people actually play squad deathmatch?

32 people plz

Overt.Enemy
05-19-2010, 06:44 PM
no you weren't, quit lying

anyways the bug is probably easier to pull off in squad dm but it works in all game modes you can spawn at the enemy base by having that point selected, switching teams and then spawning.

The one critical difference in squad DM is that you can switch squads at will as long as there's an open slot. Try doing that in other modes where you switch "team", not "squad", and see how far that gets you.

omghi2u
05-19-2010, 06:46 PM
definitely, but stealing a tank in the grey zone and getting it killed when you get suicided is always a good laugh. although i normally do it by driving a quad into their base