View Full Version : Whats the deal withe Crysis and my m15x

Pabsi9
05-18-2010, 01:20 AM
i bought the alienware m15x
specs:
i 720qm
260 gt Nvidia
4gs of ram,

when i start the game it seems like my laptop can handle it, than when i start new game, it sutters like crazy, i think im barely pulling 10 frames per second, i tried CAN I RUN It, said my laptop can run it on recommended settings, and i also selected the button that detects your best performance, which it picked HIGH....am I missing something? do i have to reinstall Crysis? please help

Scared
05-18-2010, 02:21 AM
It is possible that your laptop is in a power saving mode. My laptop doesn't use the GPU unless it is plugged into power (although I edited my power settings).

Joshmansss
05-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Crysis + Laptop = Doorstop

Pingaschu
06-03-2010, 01:52 PM
That's what you get for buying Alienware. Overpriced piece of junk. :)

ganjagoblin
06-03-2010, 04:37 PM
That's what you get for buying Alienware. Overpriced piece of junk. :)

Your missing the point. He has a GeForce 260, hell the 8800/8600 could run it well when the game came out, and the 260 is much better as far as I know.

sideline
06-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Crysis + Laptop = Doorstop

Crysis + Laptop with better specs than my desktop which can run Crysis just fine = just fine.

Try making sure "recommended" isn't "max". The 8800 is recommended on the store page. I have an 8800 - i'll encounter bad fps drops if I go above high (without AA). Drop it down to medium, or just play around with the settings a bit. It's not unnatural for Crysis to bring down higher cards.

Of course, make sure your drivers are up to date.

Bones2525
06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Press the touch button with the speedometer logo thing. It should say something like Stealth Mode off. I pressed this without knowing it and all my games dropped dramatically, so I am guessing it is this.

noman_ex
06-10-2010, 06:13 AM
For ATI cards you can check whether the card is running in power saving mode or performance mode. Not sure about Nvidia cards, but you might want to give it a try.

I used to have a IBM laptop with an ATI X1400. I noticed after a while that unplugging the laptop while in power saving mode will cause the card to be stuck in power saving mode even after plugging the power supply back in. The settings had to be changed manually in the catalyst menu.