PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on Mac

incubusize
05-18-2010, 07:42 AM
I bought this game a week ago and still have not been able to play without crashing and no moderators have indicated any type of fix coming in the near future. It is a little ridiculous to think you can pay money for something that Runic and Steam know is not working for Mac users yet they continue not only sell it but offer it ON SALE. I understand there are a lot of problems associated with porting a game from Windows to a new operating system but if it's not ready, don't sell it. Had to get that off my chest :o

njpunker23
05-18-2010, 07:46 AM
dont give up just yet, I feel your pain to. But runic has made a statement as seen on their twitter (https://twitter.com/runicgames/status/14203032993) account

"Torchlight for Mac reverting to demo's on Steam: we just became aware of it and not sure what's causing it yet. I'm trying to find out."

Just realized you made no mention of the retail converted to demo situation, you just mentioned crashes. But nonetheless runic is supporting the platform.

incubusize
05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
I was referring more to the problem of crashing after attacking more than 1 or 2 enemies each time on the Macbooks without Snow Leopard.

armedandangry
05-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I feel your pain. I was really looking forward to playing it.

BurtonJ
05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
If the game is crashing, you will need to contact Runic Games Support - contact@runicgames.com . It might also be worth posting on the official Torchlight forums here (http://forums.runicgames.com/) or contacting them via Twitter (http://twitter.com/runicgames/).

Luric
05-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Posting a formal response on Twitter? What good does that do to those of us who want nothing to do with Twitter?

/golfclap

BrockDiesel
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Can you verify that you have Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) and not > 10.6 (Snow Leopard)? We have identified issues with Leopard systems using the Intel GMA chipset. Unfortunately, there are severe issues with the GMA drivers that ship with Leopard that are fixed in Snow Leopard.

We are trying to find a good way to address this issue, but haven't got it just yet.

BurtonJ
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Posting a formal response on Twitter? What good does that do to those of us who want nothing to do with Twitter?

/golfclap

Nobody said you had to use Twitter, it was merely a suggestion. You should use the email address provided in my previous post if you need support for Torchlight.

incubusize
05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I submitted a support ticket several days ago but still have not heard back.

Luric
05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Can you verify that you have Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) and not > 10.6 (Snow Leopard)? We have identified issues with Leopard systems using the Intel GMA chipset. Unfortunately, there are severe issues with the GMA drivers that ship with Leopard that are fixed in Snow Leopard.

We are trying to find a good way to address this issue, but haven't got it just yet.

I am using 10.6 Snow Leopard personally and am having the issue many are reporting. Steam recognizes Torchlight as demo only when I never had the demo installed. It also crashes each and every time I click exit reporting an inability to utilize SteamCloud save.

As for the above /spasm on my part regarding Twitter I do apologize to each and everyone who wasted the time to read my two lines.

BrockDiesel
05-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I am using 10.6 Snow Leopard personally and am having the issue many are reporting. Steam recognizes Torchlight as demo only when I never had the demo installed. It also crashes each and every time I click exit reporting an inability to utilize SteamCloud save.

As for the above /spasm on my part regarding Twitter I do apologize to each and everyone who wasted the time to read my two lines.
Luric -- this is a completely separate issue that was caused by a Steam update. Valve has fixed this issue - if you update your Steam client and restart you should be good to go.

Patfinleyplz
05-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I sent Runic an email with error info. My findings are that it runs fine up until the first few dungeon mobs if the settings are on netbook mode, shadows off, and particles low. But if it is ran on standard settings it crashes almost instantly or when talking to the first vendor.
I too am running on a OS X 10.5.8 with the GMA X3100 chipset. I'll post here again if I get a response.
Just itching to play this game :)

UPDATE:
I heard back from Runic (in a very timely fashion) and a cs rep told me that they are aware of this issue, and are unsure if they will be able to fix it at all. It looks like upgrading to OS X 10.6 might be the only way.