PDA

View Full Version : Civ 4 Poor Performance on a MBP with 9600M GT 512MB

mathiasbrito
05-18-2010, 08:04 AM
It is unbelievable the performance of Civ 4 in the Mac, i have a mid '09 MBP, with a NVidia 9600M GT 512M, I set all the options to Low and still get a terrible performance. Things will get worse late in the game. I used to play Civ 4 with Bootcamp and Windows 7 the performance is great in the same hardware. I'm very disappointed with that situation. Someone knows if there is a workaround for that?

mathiasbrito
05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Post here if you are having the same problem... We need to spread this information to avoid people from being deceived.

TheSomian
05-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Can't be tthe OS, I guess. I'm playing CIV IV on '09 MBP with 4 GB and 2.53 and it works just fine, even when plugged to my HD screen (does only 1080i there, however, but the framerate is OK)

smatten
05-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Can't be tthe OS, I guess. I'm playing CIV IV on '09 MBP with 4 GB and 2.53 and it works just fine, even when plugged to my HD screen (does only 1080i there, however, but the framerate is OK)

I agree with the OP - Civ IV on the Mac has always performed like a Cider conversion compared with the PC version. I was a bit curious if Aspy / 2K Games had taken the opportunity of the Steam launch to release an upgraded version that did not have graphics corruption glitches and problems with performance but alas with the OP's observations in mind this does not seem to be the case.

I'd like to hear from more users with experience of the PC version commenting on the performance on the Mac version available through Steam, though.