PDA

View Full Version : Nikname in play

cyberfatality
05-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Beside me problem - some server bath player for alike
Nikname.

ultio
05-18-2010, 11:41 AM
What the hell are you on about :confused:? A lot of players have the same name. I don't even want to know how many people are named "Killer" and all that unimaginative stuff. What exactly is your problem?

Smertnik
05-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Please use a better translator next time.
Anyway, I have no idea what you are complaining about as well.
People are free to use any nicknames they like, you don't have any "copyrights" over your name.

mastertheknife
05-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I think he's talking about players copying nicknames, pretending to be another player and playing bad under that player's name.

cyberfatality
05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
mastertheknife - he has understood that I wanted to say !!!

Sudokian
05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Anyone can use any name that they want.

ultio
05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Well, you have no copyright of some sort, everyone may take your name. You'll just have to live with that, but does it really bother you? I mean, if you just ignore that and play your game, you'll be fine. If anyone thinks you're cheating, just tell them you're not.

Watttt

Stop posting stuff like that, you're probably going to be banned in no time.

Killerwatt
05-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Watttt

That's me. And a killer one. ;)

Actually I don't think this problem is too widespread to make any global defense against it. That said, players - usually the teens - are more likely to revenge or simply piss off someone by copying nicknames of others. Well, we still have teamkillers and other troubled minded kids that we have to deal with. A server with a good admin and scripts currently does the job.

mastertheknife
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi cyberfatality,

I think if you play in good servers with good admins, this shouldn't be a problem, the admin can kick the player stealing your nickname.
It's very hard to understand what you are saying, you might want to use this good translator, it will make understanding what you say much easier, just type the text in your language and it will translate to english:
http://translate.google.com/

cyberfatality
05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the interpreter)))
Just my opinion on Russian-speaking players. Unfortunately, Steam does not fully support the Russian language.
Who can I contact that would be at the forum highlighted Steam section for Russian-speaking players?? I would and there would be a moderator ...

serieus1
05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I find it fun to play a game like L4D and play with all my friends and then once the game starts to make all our names the same. It really doesn't matter, as long as your friends know who you are, then who cares. Not like their using the same nickname affects your stats or anything related to any competition for you.

mastertheknife
05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the interpreter)))
Just my opinion on Russian-speaking players. Unfortunately, Steam does not fully support the Russian language.
Who can I contact that would be at the forum highlighted Steam section for Russian-speaking players?? I would and there would be a moderator ...

Thats a nice idea, i think few general language forums can be nice, not just Russian, but maybe Spanish and French aswell.
I think the person you are looking for is BurtonJ, he is the one responsible about the forums.

aspex
05-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I've done it before lol everyone has at one point. It's one way to annoy someone who has been getting on your nerves. Use the same name as they're using :)

At the end of the day the odds of you having a unique name arn't too good granted it's not something bs long or muddled up letters that makes sense to you only. I've never been one of these people who are so anal about their name. If the one want is taken, pick another :S