PDA

View Full Version : quest glitch in Estherian Antechamber?

t4ff
05-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's the situation:
I beat the overseer boss, Syl read a book and went down the stairs to the Estherian Antechamber. I went down the stairs too and found Syl with a yellow question mark over her head.
She says, "These ruins, I've read of them! This is Eshtheria, their discoveries are the foundation of my art. I wish Brink could see this."
I click [OK], and she still has the yellow question mark over her head and if I talk to her again she repeats herself.
The quest window says "You need to find the Ember Forge. Follow Syl down the stairs."
Although the question mark over her head is yellow, the one on the map is gray.
It looks like she was supposed to give me a quest and somewhere to go? What can I do?

This may be related to the Steam update which also kept many of my other Steam games from even starting. Whatever the cause though, I'd like know how to fix it so I can continue playing this fantastic game!

I'm on a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.3

Whiskers
05-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I also am running Torchlight on my Mac on Snow Leopard. I've done the same thing you have. There are supposed to be portals of different colors to go through but for some reason they aren't there. I'm going to try abandoning the quest and see if I can get the quest again. Maybe that will work?

Did you have any success since your post?

t4ff
05-19-2010, 05:25 PM
The glitch was fixed!
Just go up the stairs and back down and the floor will be reset.
:D problem fixed within 24 hours of my post!

Whiskers
05-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks! I must have tried that a dozen times but it still did not work, however once enimies respawned and i returned to the level, killed them all, then went down the stairs I got the cut scene reading the scroll, then I went down, talked to Sly, got my reward points, then got the quest.

So seems to be you have to go back up the stairs, kill the baddies again, thus completing the overseer thing again, then go back down. If no baddies you gonna have to wait, go do something else and come back to the overseer room again.

Maybe a nice moderator could sticky this for the next person to find this glitch?

t4ff
05-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the information! I relayed it to my thread on the Runic forum. Hopefully this will solve the problem for everyone else too.