PDA

View Full Version : Invisible War multitool glitch

briankearon666
05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I noticed this glitch the other day while playing DE:IW.

While collecting items for my inventory (particularly multitools) the game, for some reason decided that I couldn't pick up any more multitools depsite having room to pick up more in my inventory. I had a full slot of 20 multitools in one inventory slot and had about 15 tools in another slot. But I couldn't pick up anymore. Even after clicking on them repeatedly. Later on I noticed a pile of 10 multitools on the ground. I tried to click them and more spawned right on top of them. An infinite amount of multitools. I eventually found a way of picking them up by dropping some of the mutitools on the ground first or making room in my inventory by dropping something else.
Here's a pic

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/290/23023615.jpg
This has happened to me on almost every level.

Jito463
05-18-2010, 05:53 PM
It's a glitch with some of the multi-tools being assigned a different ID in the game, so it thinks it's a different item. I've noticed this, too. I usually just leave those multi-tools behind.

MADDOGGE
05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
It's always been that way even retail.

Ben.EEeee
05-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Sell them to the Omar. I hear they offer good prices.

:p

Chris1808
05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Yep, seen this also, seems to be a bit random as to when it glitches. Usually the multi-tool that are near the flame turret on the level where you get the magrail objective. Also the lower Seattle area I think near to omar

Not sure if you can add multi-tools to your inventory in later levels or if it effect all levels when the glitch occurs. Starting a new game from scratch seems to fix it.