PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes after 15-30 minutes, with sound looping of the same 0.5sec

DashBerlin
05-19-2010, 08:24 AM
So yeah... every time I try to play a game of Red Alert 3, after 15 to 30 minutes it crashes to my desktop, showing no error message, only a minimized Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 on my taskbar and the sound that I last heard looping over and over again (endlessly till I kill the process ra3_game1.12 (or whatever that process is called).

I have had this with my previous non-steam installation, and now I have the same problem with my Steam version.

If there is anyone who also has this problem or who knows a solution, please help me!

My computer specs:

MSI GT628-002NL, Quadcore @ 2.0ghz
Nvidia GTS160M, 22" Philips Lightframe,
playing at maxed-out settings, which runs smoothly.
I don't have anti-aliasing/v-sync enabled.
I already tried running the game with lower settings/
lower resolution: that doesn't help.

Again: I get no error message at all. If there is a way to check the error logs or something, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

justinpao
05-31-2010, 11:38 PM
i have the same problem, but sadly, i also dont have an answer for you. at least im bumping your thread.

my current fix is just to save what im doing every 10 minutes.

or when playing online, i just rush everytime; like i have to beat the clock

DashBerlin
01-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I reinstalled Red Alert 3 today, and I still have this problem.

In a few other games, like Call of Duty Black Ops, I experience a certain amount of lag after 15 minutes into the game as well. This usually disappears after 2-3 minutes of having 6-10 frams per second. I'm starting to think RA3 can't handle this, and simply crashes.

Now I was wondering if this is related to my Nvidia Graphics Card driver. I heard other people say that since Nvidia added PhysX drivers to their driver package, they have been experiencing similar problems.

jjcrandall
03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Same Problem here, but using AMD (ATI) video.

Friendliest
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
heat issue?

these modern CCs have built in frame limiter but they are still very GPU-intensive esp on "highest"

never had these issues, myself, and never had the games crash unless you "feed them" something bad e.g. corrupt 3rd party maps.