PDA

View Full Version : Portal achievements not registering

OGpimp201
05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
i know for a fact i have earned at least 5 achievements for portal and i have yet to officially receive a single one. ive redownloaded the game and steam and still have yet to seen a fix.

any help would be appreciated.

Kyle6477
05-19-2010, 12:52 PM
You mess around with the console any?

If you have cheats enabled (going through developer commentary enables cheats btw) in the console then achivements don't register

OGpimp201
05-20-2010, 12:15 AM
im almost certain i didnt mess with the console, and ive played the "commentary story" mode, but was playing in a normal game while (not) earning the achievements

martyluther
05-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I also am missing some achievements which i am certain i have earned! eg. Fratricide (killing the cube). I have played the level multiple times and i do not have cheats enabled. Probably a bug they need to press out.

bobthedeadly
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
yeah. i've done the long jump thing for like 10 minutes, and i still haven't gotten the achievement. happened with terminal velocity too. the rest of my achievements are working fine though...

heatwave21
05-20-2010, 09:08 PM
One time after playing, I noticed that Steam said "NO CONNECTION" down at the bottom, however, I could still browse around the Steam store. Lo and behold, I didn't receive any of the achievements that I should have. Just redo the achievements, and before you quit out of Portal, make sure that Steam is connected.

Voncaster
05-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I have beaten Portal 3 times now. And in game it gives me the Heartbreaker achievement, but in my Steam Profile the achievement does not show up. Other achievements do show up. How do I get Heartbreaker to register on my profile?

I'm playing on a Mac:
Model: Mac Mini
Processor: 2GHz Intel Core Duo
RAM: 4GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256MB VRAM

Angelastic
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm currently in the room with a partially-destroyed GlaDOS, and the only achievement I have is Lab Rat. Shouldn't I have at least received Fratricide by now? Or am I to assume from this that my companion cube is still alive (and doing science), somewhere out there? :D

I'm playing on a Mac, running Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Portal says it needs 10.6.3, but 10.6.3 doesn't work on my Mac, and Portal does, apart from this one thing.) I'm pretty sure I was online when I killed my cube.

I just tried to view the achievements from the options within Portal (as opposed to in the Steam thing) and it said I must be online to view or unlock achievements. It certainly looks like Steam thinks I'm online , but Portal doesn't. I'll make sure I restart both before I actually finish the game, in case it makes a difference, since I'd like the Heartbreaker achievement at least.

TenaciousC
06-21-2010, 09:20 AM
I've detached countless security cameras but I still don't have Camera Shy. When I look in the progress it shows I've only detached 2 cameras.

Oops, I just realized that this is a Mac forum. Found it through Google, not through steam home page. I'm on a PC. But still!

johnnyjihad86
06-21-2010, 09:48 AM
I've completed 6/6 advanced chambers, but the achievement is displayed as locked on my Steam, even though the progress bar is complete.

kyle2k5
06-21-2010, 11:26 AM
it happens. sometimes achievements will get unlocked in-game but not in steam.

when this happens, there's no way to fix it, unless valve resets the achievements completely. you'll just have to live with it.

baryon
06-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Achievements don't work. It's supposed to be this way.

bobthedeadly
06-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I've detached countless security cameras but I still don't have Camera Shy. When I look in the progress it shows I've only detached 2 cameras.

Oops, I just realized that this is a Mac forum. Found it through Google, not through steam home page. I'm on a PC. But still!

You need to detach them all in one playthrough. That might be why. I got this achievement just fine, as long as I detached them all in the same playthrough.