PDA

View Full Version : Historical Rant

Marshal No
05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Ok, this is the game I have been waiting for. This is a period of history I love and so far I have been playing a few warm up battles to get the hang of it. (I have other Total War Games)

So far so good, except for one major flaw and a minor one.

Forming a square is a “special ability”. Get real. The three manoeuvres all infantry were trained to perform Line, Column and Square. Also the fact that Light Infantry and Riflemen can not perform this basic manoeuvre is laughable. These were elite units.

Spain the battle of Fuentes de Onoro where the British Light Division covered the withdrawal of the 7th Division across an open plain in square fending off cavalry and infantry.

Rockets. The only European army to use them was Britain, the Congreve Rocket and they were highly manuverable as they were less cumbersome than cannon.

I will give way on the historical accuracies on this one point because they are just such great fun.

As I have said I have just been on “manuvers” at the moment and have not started any campaigns so things may be different in the full game. So I hope to see shrapnel and other weapons used by only the faction who invented them.

Creative Assembly I am by no means an expert, so who are your military advisors?

You need to fire them and get a patch on this game now

Niscimble
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe its because of the issue of balance rather than the issue of historical accuracy?

cincope
05-24-2010, 03:33 PM
there are other means to keep the balance. stop spewing platitudes and excuses.

to op, completed agreed. these ca clowns could open a history book once in awhile.

MILLANDSON
05-24-2010, 07:15 PM
CA have always said that their games are "historically inspired" rather than "historically accurate". Saying that it's not historically accurate isn't going to make them change anything.