PDA

View Full Version : Empire total war sale, not really a sale

tOpOfThElInE
05-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Yesterday Empire total war cost 49,99 euro. today it is on sale and it is 66 % off. But look at the original price - 59,99 euro. It's 66 % off 59,99, but yesterday it was 49,99 euro. NOT OK. :mad:

Spykirby
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
its total crap... last sale it was 10€, but when i wanted to buy it they suddenly upped the price to like 20€ aswell then. Now it's the same crap price again. I wuld buy the mega pack but i already got games from that and all i really need is empire total war. At D2D though it is 10€...

serieus1
05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
It's the total war pack not empire: total war that's on sale. The pack is 59.99 and is on sale for 20.40. The original empire: total war is still at 29.99 like it was last i checked, the single item by itself is not on sale other than Napoleon: Total War. Nothing's changed as far from what I can see. You're just not realizing what is actually on sale.

Spykirby
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
It's the total war pack not empire: total war that's on sale. The pack is 59.99 and is on sale for 20.40. The original empire: total war is still at 29.99 like it was last i checked, the single item by itself is not on sale other than Napoleon: Total War. Nothing's changed as far from what I can see. You're just not realizing what is actually on sale.

it's pretty lame to just make putt the full pack on sale for those ppl that already got half of the games. BTW, the page shows the napoleon, the pack and all games as if they were on sale. At empire there is even a 66%, but when u visit the page it's just full price.

TurkeySandwhich
05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Just buy it on D2D for $10 or whatever it is for you non U.S. folks (assuming you can buy it) and register it via Steam.

Spykirby
05-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Just buy it on D2D for $10 or whatever it is for you non U.S. folks (assuming you can buy it) and register it via Steam.

can u register it at steam if ya purchase it from D2D?

DorianGrey505
05-20-2010, 12:50 PM
you can buy games on others digital distribution sites and register in steam? would they work as if bought on steam?... able to download it when ever i want and such?

Spykirby
05-20-2010, 12:53 PM
you can buy games on others digital distribution sites and register in steam? would they work as if bought on steam?... able to download it when ever i want and such?

well if ya can register em on steam it works like a steam game. I just dunno if it works that way if ya buy empire on D2D

DarkOmegaX
05-20-2010, 01:11 PM

It'll only work if the game uses Steamworks at D2D too.
From D2D's Empire: Total War page: (http://www.direct2drive.com/4/7532/product/Buy-Empire:-Total-War-Download)

Empire: Total War Download Minimum System Requirements
This game uses Steam for DRM.

Many other stores let you download your games as many times as you want like D2D, GamersGate, and GOG.com.

DorianGrey505
05-20-2010, 01:15 PM
thats really interesting, i tought they wouldnt let us buy the games on other sites and use them here.

crzycnuk
05-20-2010, 01:19 PM
The package is on sale and not the individual game; deal with it. Why don't the complainers just wait for another sale? Why does someone always have to complain when a game they want isn't on sale? It's not a stupid sale either. That's just the way some sales work. Even in B&M stores.

thats really interesting, i tought they wouldnt let us buy the games on other sites and use them here.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

milkweg
05-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Buy the complete Sega pack. Now, that's a good sale but unfortunately I already have quite a few of the games. Still might buy it though as it is still a good deal even if I do get some duplicates.

Spykirby
05-21-2010, 08:08 AM
i got it from D2D now... way cheaper and since it uses Steam as DRM, it just acts like games bought from the steam store itself :) great...