PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my 'Product Code' for football manager?

gabrielsmales
05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
I recently bought and downloaded FM2010 on Steam. When I try to play the game it starts up but then asks me to insert the CD (which I obviously don't have..). I think the problem might be to do with 'Product Activation'. How do I find my product code, if thats what I need to get?

Thanks in advance

duress
05-23-2010, 02:54 AM
when you starting your game,how you do it?
clicking FM icon or you open Steam and in the Steam you click on play under Fm?

in the first option you will need the key in the secend you dont!

gabrielsmales
05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
No I'm opening the game through steam (logging in the pressing play on the FM icon)...

Ideas?

duress
05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
yes,contact steam people!

i'm sry but i dont know what to tell you!

Zefar
05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Go to your Steam games list and right click on the game. If you find an option with a CD key name on it. Click on it. If you get up a CD key use that one to get past the CD key check.

Support is at the top and you need to make an account if you want to send in a message. But I'm not sure if this is a Steam support issue because Valve didn't make the game. So they might not be able to help with the issue if what I said didn't work. Also check your email for a key.

gimpymoo
05-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Have you verified the game files?

Normally this is down to a bad download.

I would have though this is a Steam issue as they have sold the game, the fact they did not develop it is irrelevent.

They are as liable as any other ecommerce store if this customer has been sold a product he cannot use.