PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in tutorial level?

nhex
05-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I started playing this and got up to the second kill where you have to hide in the shadows. That worked, but the fence gate doesn't seem to open where it should (at least what I've seen on Youtube videos of it), it just stays closed. Anyone else have this problem?

The game is also crashing repeatedly even if I don't get that far, often after cutscenes.

madindehead
05-23-2010, 04:42 AM
I just had this. Got to kill the second guy without the game crashing, and the gate wouldn't open. Then the game crashed. Totally pathetic.

seseorang
05-23-2010, 06:25 AM
I didn't have any problems in the beginning when I last ran this game. Window XP s64. Yet to try with Windows Seven x64

Aasi
05-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I have that problem too, it seems that they updated this game because it was not working at all for me. Now I can play it till that gate and then i got to wait for a while then it crashes. :( I really hope they fix it and the cutscene crashes too, since so far that I got it really seemed like a great idea for a game, at least the atmosphere...

Rogersdead
05-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I tried the game again today, and the same thing happens as decscribed above. The gate wont open then crashes. It worked perfectly before the small update a few days ago.
I tried an earlier save from after this point, and within 5 mins it crashed again. The update has broken the game it seems. It was fine beforehand and i also had the game set to 'do not update' yet it did anyway, nice.

Pointless re-downloading the game again as it now includes the update.

Aasi
05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
You had it working before?? How did you do that? Dont tell me you downloaded the vista patcher etc. I aint gonna be downloading it no matter what cause the game should be playable the moment its downloaded...
Man this sucks ♥♥♥ i really want to play it since I bought it, I hope they realize that the game needs to be updated FAST .

Rogersdead
05-24-2010, 02:32 AM
You had it working before?? How did you do that? Dont tell me you downloaded the vista patcher etc. I aint gonna be downloading it no matter what cause the game should be playable the moment its downloaded...
Man this sucks i really want to play it since I bought it, I hope they realize that the game needs to be updated

The game does not work with Win 7 as clearly stated when you buy it. So no it doesn't have to be playable on Win 7. You were warned.

The user patch fixed it. But there was a small update a few days ago which seems to have broken the game. Causing the problems as described above.

Aasi
05-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeh i know it does not work with windows 7 but i have vista...
Too bad they couldnt just put the user patcher as an update instead of the way it works now. So can you tell me where did you download the patch? I know there are some threads that have different links but I somewhy cant install any anti virus on my pc so i have to be pretty sure what im downloading.
Allthough the game itself cannot work in any way now? patch wont help?

Rogersdead
05-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeh i know it does not work with windows 7 but i have vista...
Too bad they couldnt just put the user patcher as an update instead of the way it works now. So can you tell me where did you download the patch? I know there are some threads that have different links but I somewhy cant install any anti virus on my pc so i have to be pretty sure what im downloading.
Allthough the game itself cannot work in any way now? patch wont help?

The user patch i used was from this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1244236

It did work perfectly....untill the update the otherday which was noticed by others in this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278747 and now the game has problems as already noted above. Using the user patch no longer has any effect. The annoying thing was i had the game set to NOT update yet it updated itself anyway. And broke it :(

RedDragon513
05-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I have had the same problem when I played the game today.
Please don't tell me that these idiots @ Rockstar Games screwed up again.

Aasi
05-24-2010, 11:21 PM
This really gets annoying since when I purchaser rockstar collection I really was looking forward to playing this game.
I really hope that they are aware of this, but I just found a way to get a little bit further allthough the game crashes pretty soon after: when the second guy is coming from the gate and it opens, just run past him while its open and you get to the painkillers, dont pick them up it makes the game crash :( I dont know if you can get any further but i try since it seems like a great game...

DrKilljoy
05-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Hey all.

I've managed to fix this issue for my game. I was having the same problems too--doors weren't opening and the game was crashing randomly.

So, to fix it, I went to my Manhunt folder (which for me is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\manhunt). I then right-clicked on manhunt.exe and selected Properties. Under the Previous Versions tab, I found one that was dated back to April 28th. So, I copy and pasted it to the desktop and renamed the one in the manhunt folder to something like manhunt_bak.exe. I then moved the old manhunt.exe from the desktop to the folder, loaded the game up, and Voila--the game works now.

Hope this helps.

Also, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, so I'm not sure if Previous Versions is an option for older OS's. If not, I can upload my working version of manhunt.exe.

SpankN
05-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Same problem for me. I was willing to try what Killjoy suggested but I don't have any previous versions. Sad, I wanted to try this game. I've never played it, just seen videos and heard about it.

Rogersdead
05-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey all.

I've managed to fix this issue for my game. I was having the same problems too--doors weren't opening and the game was crashing randomly.

So, to fix it, I went to my Manhunt folder (which for me is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\manhunt). I then right-clicked on manhunt.exe and selected Properties. Under the Previous Versions tab, I found one that was dated back to April 28th. So, I copy and pasted it to the desktop and renamed the one in the manhunt folder to something like manhunt_bak.exe. I then moved the old manhunt.exe from the desktop to the folder, loaded the game up, and Voila--the game works now.

Hope this helps.

Also, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, so I'm not sure if Previous Versions is an option for older OS's. If not, I can upload my working version of manhunt.exe.

This actually DOES work!!! I had one dated 6th May. The gate now opens and i played 10 mins after that part with no crashes!

Nice one thanks :D

nhex
05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I have Windows XP, so I can't try that feature. Would you mind uploading the exe somewhere?

SpankN
05-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes, please upload :( I'm on W7 but I don't have one to revert to :((

DrKilljoy
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Here's the link for my copy of manhunt.exe:

http://rapidshare.com/files/391605971/manhunt.exe

SpankN
05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
thanks, I'll try it in abit

nhex
05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Won't get a chance to try it for a few days, but thanks for posting it! Will report back when I can.

cetruzzo
05-26-2010, 06:57 AM

that worked, many many thanks :)

Aasi
05-26-2010, 08:06 AM
DrKilljoy , thanks a lot you really did help me with that file.
Now i can enjoy playing this great game!

DrKilljoy
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM
DrKilljoy , thanks a lot you really did help me with that file.
Now i can enjoy playing this great game!

No problem. Happy Hunting! ;)

SpankN
05-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Get it here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/882811/manhunt.exe) too.

Hosted to it my Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg4MjgxMTk), for a little more permanence :P I know how rapidshare loves to delete files.

Thanks again for putting it up though.

F242AB
05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
I had perfectly working game but not now - now it crashes like it was described in the posts above. I am using Windows XP and I cannot rollback the .exe file.
After i have exchanged the file everything is back to normal.
Thank you for posting the file. I will deny the updates in the future if the games work.

Phaedruss
05-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Windows XP user here. I was beginning to regret not downloading this game from bittorrent. This is really unforgivable on the part of Rockstar games and Valve. Game developers and distributors whine about game piracy, but what they really should be doing is rewarding the people who _buy_ their games by helping us out when their games don't friggin work.

Thank you for making this exe available. The game is now fully playable thanks to you (and no thanks to Rockstar games). You have my appreciation!

nhex
05-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Ended up working like a charm - thanks!

madindehead
06-02-2010, 06:37 AM

That is excellent mate! Works really well. Thank you so much!

ninjagnom
06-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Thank you so much for finding and sharing this fix!
Worked like a charm. :)

redwhiteandnuge
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
when i run the patch i get a error saying

manhunt.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

i tried redownloading, but is it because i run Vista 64-bit and not Win 7 like the guy who put his manhunt.exe up?

AltDimension
06-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Ahhh, that worked fantastically! Thanks,

chris184
06-22-2010, 06:15 AM
i noticed a problem with the npc pathing on manhunt when i bought it when rockstar was having its sales week

for me the game did not crash but the npc never walked to the fence gate and opened it like he is supposed to and the guy on the basketball court would not jump down to fight me, the only way i could progress was to run over and bang on stuff and get the npc's to come after me (and the same on stage 2 where the guy is supposed to walk down the wooden steps and so on and so forth)

the pathing was broke for most of the game i think and it made it boring to play as it was so i have not played much since then and i hope this issue has been resolved, thanks for the exe, if i have to use it i will but i don't like tampering with my steam games that i payed for if i don't have to

TheSkeeve
06-26-2010, 07:37 PM
This is pretty ridiculous, and a damned big glitch. It's in the first 5 minutes of the game, how the heck did someone miss finding it?

comtox
07-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Nice dude ! Game works for me now on 7pro x64. I was stucked because the fence won't open, now it's fixed. Ty for the *.exe, it helps me a lot.

spyre
07-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Rockstar technical support are so far denying this is an issue so you should all report it to prove them wrong.

ManyFaces
08-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I downloaded DrKillJoy's exe and placed it not only on my desktop but also under Manhunt in Program files, but it still doesn't want to work.

I'm on Windows 7, and I bought it from Direct2Drive.

Anybody got any suggestions?

jrmhng
10-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I've reported the issue as well but support is not getting back to me at all.

I bought mine from D2D and their support refuse to put any pressure on Rockstar to patch this up.

Can everyone who has this problem please submit a ticket to Rockstar support

P-K
10-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Well ive had a 20min convo with Taketwo and gave him the link to the bug on youtube he said he will pass this up to level two support who will most likely pass it to rockstar north

but i should hear something back in a few days so il post it if i do but he said he will make sure its looked into

brataccas
11-21-2010, 07:08 AM
thanks very much for the exe! I had same problem :D

Bloodycrow
11-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I very much had the same problem, and thought it was unsolvable. I'm glad my money won't go to waste now! Thank you very much DrKilljoy (and thanks to you SpankN, for hosting it elsewhere. Rapidshare always sucks for me.)!

Skays
11-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks DrKilljoy!

Akiraskitten13
12-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I downloaded it off of Rapidshare, and the download appears to be fine, but whenever I try to click the .Exe file I get an error regarding the file "Binkw32.dll." I am a bit ignorant to this kind of thing. What exactly does it mean, and is this something I can fix?

dacherx
01-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Thank you! Finally got me past the 2nd hunter and chain gate. I have Win7 x64.

Boo f-u to steam and rockstar for not fixing this obvious showstopping MAJOR game breakage bug.

Hank34
04-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Nothing on these forums work for me. Really lame...

noupperlobeman
07-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Hey all.

Hope this helps.

+ rep. Thanks

Dustpan
07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
@ DrKillJoy

This worked for me, thanks!

-=MagNum=-
08-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I even tried it on multiple computers one vista, one XP and a Windows 7 one and still the gate thing happens to me.

DrKilljoy
08-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive responses! :)

Glad I could help some people. Sorry that I didn't check back more often, though.

For those people having issues with Binkw32.dll, try having a look at this link: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/binkw32dll.htm

I haven't experienced the Binkw32.dll problem myself, so I don't know the exact fix.

Mezo
09-20-2011, 03:06 PM

Hosted to it my Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg4MjgxMTk), for a little more permanence :P I know how rapidshare loves to delete files.

Thanks for the download, it works great now, no more crashes!
So far.... xD

murosmanal
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
eyvallah hafız! öptüm

KevinLongtime
02-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Every time I use this downloaded EXE file it says this:

Steam - Error

"This game is currently unavailable ( Application running )."

Edit: Turning OFF "run in compatibility mode" solved this issue for me.

infamousXFamous
03-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Guys When i use the Fixed .EXE it says (Application Error 0x02)
So i created a folder In Steam Named steamapps then Created inside it Common Then Copied Manhunt Folder From Rockstar Games Folder And Paste it into that Folder well......when i trying to run the game it Dosent Run
WTF IM SUPPOSE TO DO?!@#!@

IcyRhythms
03-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Guys When i use the Fixed .EXE it says (Application Error 0x02)
So i created a folder In Steam Named steamapps then Created inside it Common Then Copied Manhunt Folder From Rockstar Games Folder And Paste it into that Folder well......when i trying to run the game it Dosent Run
WTF IM SUPPOSE TO DO?!@#!@

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Bought from Greenman

west1980
09-23-2012, 08:22 AM
thanks to drkilljoy! got It to work after all this time.

your exe. worked fine

rms
11-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Same problem with the Gamefly version under Windows 8. The 'old' steam exe fix doesn't run with this version, no surprise there I guess. The vista patcher also has no effect.

heavy43
02-16-2013, 06:45 PM
What happened to Dr. Killjoy's exe? It says the file got deleted. Is there any other way to fix this?
Edit: I didn't see the dropbox link that SpankN posted.

juanjavaloyes
04-30-2013, 07:43 PM

Thanks! This one works!

Qixky
05-14-2013, 09:15 AM

Can someone check the md5sum of this file ? (very bad idea to put a file with a referral and with an obligation to register ... sigh) Anyway, it seems Rockstar/2k/Valve (strike the bad guys lol) listened and there's a correct manhunt.exe named testapp.exe (md5sum : 01c905cb84eddd9da1f2149f4cb36233) which can be renamed manhunt.exe, thanks to segagreg6 from the steam discussion finding this http://steamcommunity.com/app/12130/discussions/0/828938532789392540

I've tested it with windows 7 and the game wouldn't launch so perhaps only a patcher could solve this compatibility issue but the good news is that it works flawlessly with linux and wine.

I was stuck at the doors with the original manhunt.exe but with the new testapp.exe the doors finally opened and I played a bit through the first level. Wine v1.4.1 and latest proprietary nvidia drivers.

Steam should let wine deal with the few apps with compatibility issues. Obviously you have to install steam with wine and not the native port but it works :)

Update : I spoke too soon, I managed to reach the second level but unfortunately it crashed halfway through :/ So it seems that Steam/Rockstar really sell a non working product. It's a shame, I wanted to play it without a third party mod which is one of Steam most important feature but it's impossible since the exes are completely broken.

Anyway back to windows 7, I've followed Hyperion's steps on Steam discussions (http://steamcommunity.com/app/12130/discussions/0/828937420094539397/) with the patcher and the swap with another manhunt.exe (md5sum : 58b04bb1d897098988a1a97d319ce600). So far I've reached level 5 without a single glitch, so it seems that's the right solution to play this game :)