PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of Myst collection on steam?

Jharkendar
05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey i was wondering if there was any possibility of you guys at Ubisoft could release the Myst collectors pack with all 5 of the games on steam? It would be really awesome, as even amazon has run out of copies, and so have the local stores :)

jor
06-02-2010, 01:11 AM
5? 6 or 7!

Besides the 5 "core" Myst games, there's also the awesome Myst remake realMyst (which could be offered instead of Myst), and Uru (complete with both To D'ni and The Path of the Shell).
They are an integral part of the storyline: realMyst's extra Age sets up the sequel Riven properly, and Myst V is a sequel of both Myst IV and Uru.

Jharkendar
06-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Well the more games in the pack the merrier! Only problem is that I'm unsure if Ubisoft own the rights for all of the games, and who has to be pushed around to make all of this happen!

mxh178
06-10-2010, 09:10 PM
(which could be offered instead of Myst)

certainly not

realmyst is cool, but the original has a certain something which makes it superior in my opinion

would be nice to see them all on steam

Monster_user
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Agreed. The 3D realMyst changed the perspective of many of the scenes in Myst, which did change the atmostphere.

Also, there were some trade-offs. The 3D engine was not capable of the high quality renders in the original. It would be interesting to see Myst on a more modern 3D engine.

in.meinem.turm.
08-08-2010, 01:07 AM
certainly not

realmyst is cool, but the original has a certain something which makes it superior in my opinion

really? The only real difference I noticed is that some of the levels get noticably easier when you can move freely through them. I always get lost in Channelwood in the non-3D-versions.
And of course the quality of the Soundtrack is far superior in realMYST. They used the music straight from the soundtrack CD. :cool:
If you cannot get the soundtrack anywhere using the musicextractor (http://homepage.mac.com/rshayter/Riveal.html) on the gamefiles is worth the money already.

SHSPVR
08-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Myst, realMyst: Interactive 3D Edition, Riven, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst and Myst V: End of Ages done by Cyan.
Myst: Masterpiece Edition (properly rigth should go back to Cyan) and there is Myst III: Exile done by Presto Studios ho is no longer a round and there no info on own or got what properly rigth to Exile after they close.
Myst IV: Revelation done by Ubisoft Montreal.

I love to see a new Myst game

Also, there were some trade-offs. The 3D engine was not capable of the high quality renders in the original. It would be interesting to see Myst on a more modern 3D engine.
I agree with you Monster_user

Jito463
08-19-2010, 07:55 PM
and there is Myst III: Exile done by Presto Studios ho is no longer a round and there no info on own or got what properly rigth to Exile after they close.

I'm wondering if those rights didn't revert (or were sold back) to the original owner (was that Ubisoft or Cyan, I'm not sure?). From what I've read online, Presto disbanded in 2002 or 2003, but there was a "10th Anniversary Edition" DVD with Myst, Riven and Exile in 2003. It only showed the logos for Cyan and Ubisoft, nothing denoting Presto on the jewel case, save for a short line in the copyrights (Some elements (c) 2001 Presto Studios, Inc).

SHSPVR
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
If look it on Exile DVD disc you see Presto logo still on it and read fine print on back of the case and on Exile disc it self in the Read Instructions First at very end of the Page.
As far I know of there no case filing on Exile ever been sold off not even a press release on Ubisoft or Presto at the time.
If they still have it then Presto can hold the properly rigth to Exile for ever but I'm sure some day it will be sold off.
What get me is why don't other game development company be more like id Software, Epic Games and release the dran Source Code that way the we the Net Community can fix the long over due bugs.
In fact just the other day Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Return to Castle Wolfenstein Source Code was release.

Jito463
08-20-2010, 07:03 AM
True, the logo does appear on the DVD, but I was referring to the outer jewel case. Not exactly sure what that means, but I can't imagine it would be hard to get approval from Presto to publish the game, assuming they still hold the rights. After all, it would mean more royalties for them.