PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Controls for Macs W/o Keypads

Montage07
05-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi, Guys
I've noticed several people on the forum mentioning difficulty with playing the Indy games on laptops given the absence of keypads. Some of you may be using a Macbook or Macbook Pro.

On the Mac versions of the Indy games (Also in Loom and The Dig) there is help available in the Mac OSX menu bar similar to what other apps have. After reading through the help, it mentions that on a Mac, you can push the option key in combination with the letters WER SDF XCV to emulate the keypad behavior. Unfortunately, this only applies to the Mac versions as far as I know. Below are the key bindings. I hope this helps.

FIST FIGHTING

Upper Punch (move right)
Numeric keypad 9 or OPTION+R

Mid Punch (move right)
Numeric keypad 6 or OPTION+F

Lower Punch (move right)
Numeric keypad 3 or OPTION+V

Block High
Numeric keypad 8 or OPTION+E

Block Mid
Numeric keypad 5 or OPTION+D

Block Low
Numeric keypad 2 or OPTION+C

Upper Punch (move left)
Numeric keypad 7 or OPTION+W

Mid Punch (move left)
Numeric keypad 4 or OPTION+S

Lower Punch (move left)
Numeric keypad 1 or OPTION+X

LinkTheHero64
05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Dude thank you so much! I just got the Adventure Pack and could not for the life of me figure out how to fight!

kay
05-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Great post, thank you!

Came here because while I figured out that I *could* fight (after pressing keys at random.. For me, the regular number keys on my MacBook Pro work as well btw., but I suspect the option + letters method is easier), I wouldn't have stopped to check if there was a regular Mac menu for the game!

Now I know how to play these games in fullscreen mode, yay! :)