PDA

View Full Version : Problem with authentification, need help

Roniclepower
05-24-2010, 12:28 AM
I have gotten Empire: Total war online for steam, but i have had a disk lended to me by someone i know in order to save me having to download it all slowly, But the problem is that i can't find my CD key and dont know how getting the disk is going to help me if it won't install without it. I need someone to tell me how to get them to both co-operate or just tell me how i can find my CD key from steam.

Col. Hamilton
05-24-2010, 11:20 AM
I have gotten Empire: Total war online for steam, but i have had a disk lended to me by someone i know in order to save me having to download it all slowly, But the problem is that i can't find my CD key and dont know how getting the disk is going to help me if it won't install without it. I need someone to tell me how to get them to both co-operate or just tell me how i can find my CD key from steam.

you can't man, this is one of the reasons it doesnt pay to get any game that uses a steam asset

DarthWolf
05-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Just copy all steam folder from your friend hdd to your drive (I assume that he have ETW installed), log on your account using copied steam and you have game installed.
Or export game files using steam from his, and import to your steam.