PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight - Proper Pause key

punksdad
05-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Torchlight's default Pause key in Enter; on my MacBook Pro, this means I have to hold the 'fn' key and hit Return.

I tried editing settings.txt to change the key value for Pause, but I wasn't sure what to set it to.

Has anyone tweaked their settings so they can just hit the Return/Enter key without the 'fn' modifier on a Mac laptop?

Game's running great with the integrated video, so very convenient not to have to switch to the discrete GPU. :D

d10sfan
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
There is a way to change keys manually, by modifying the settings file according to some strange stuff. There is also a utility called TorchLeech that can be used to help you change the keys. Sadly, this is only on Windows. I am working on a way to get it working on OS X. If I get something, I will post it up here.

d10sfan
05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I have created a wine wrapper for TorchLeech. It will allow you to manage your mods (be sure you use mac-compatible ones) and change your keybindings.

It is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/htkfjnoommi/TorchLeech.zip

Let me know how it works for you. Notice: The download is 100mb zip file. It is 300 mbs unzipped because its a WineSkin wrapper. It seems to work pretty great though.

To launch it, simply doubleclick on it. It should work from there.

punksdad
05-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Awesome thanks, I'll give it a try!

punksdad
05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
How do I tell it where Torchlight lives?

For my specific annoyance it doesn't seem to help; on the keybindings screen, I click Pause and press the Return key, and it puts "Enter" in there... checking the text page for the settings file, it says it'll put keycode 13 on pause. Oh well.

d10sfan
05-24-2010, 03:53 PM
It should do figure out the torchlight stuff automatically. If you press some key like b or something does it work for changing keys?

punksdad
05-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Yup, I can change keys no problem, it's just that the app and Mac Torchlight seem to disagree on the scan code for the Return key.

Luckily it's not really detracting from my enjoyment of the game. ;)