PDA

View Full Version : Majesty 2 wont Launch

shazmaru
05-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with Majesty 2, after I install it, I go to play it and the 'launching Majesty 2' box comes up, then just goes away. All my drivers and c++ libraries are updated as well. When I try to launch just the .exe I get the following error:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000005). Click OK to close the application.

I'm using windows 7 64bit. Compatibility mode gives me the same error. The game sounds awesome, and I would like to play it. Thank in advance.

dragonscape2
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
verify the game cash see if your missing a file

shazmaru
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
It did not. The steps I've taken so far are uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying the cache, installing on dif hd. Everything short of a dif OS since I'm only using W7 right now.

I hate when I cant play what I pay for. =(

shazmaru
05-28-2010, 06:05 PM
bump. c'mon steam.

bman654
05-28-2010, 10:32 PM
try these:

goto the ...steam\steamapps\common\majesty 2 folder and run majesty2.exe directly. See if that helps.

goto my documents\majesty2 and look for M2_Error.log and M2_Debug.log and post them. Maybe they will shed some light on the problem.

Cowgoesmoo
05-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I had an issue that when I started the game or the map editor I would simply get a "Majesty2 has stoped working" message on a black screen as soon as the pretty castle picture appeared.

I had a look at the log files mentioned above and noticed that the profile directory was including the full network path of my home/My Documents directory (\\SERVERNAME\users\USERNAME\home\majesty2\profile s). Except it had the slashes going the wrong way *slap*. (This is my work laptop where MyDocs is synched to the server for backup purposes)

I spent ages trying to find a way to change the directory that Majesty uses for that info but with no success. Then I realised that if I log in as a local computer user instead of a domain user I would get a local my docs folder on the C drive and all would be good and it was!

Now I am at work with only 3hrs sleep......

A side effect of this error was that it also created a folder tree in the Majesty2 steam files that imitated the network path mentioned above.

shazmaru
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Issue was solved by installed Majesty 2 on the same hard-drive as the OS

otstrel
03-12-2011, 08:06 AM
I figured out how to make it work.
Navigate to steamapps\common\majesty 2\localization\launcher and copy the following files:
but_mp1_h.bmp to but_mp2_h.bmp
but_mp1_n.bmp to but_mp2_n.bmp
launcher_bg2.bmp to launcher_bg3.bmp
It will show you slightly distorted DLC selection dialog but works like charm afterwards.
Hopefully they will fix this in the next update.

Toddy-J
03-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Navigate to steamapps\common\majesty 2\localization\launcher and copy the following files:
It will show you slightly distorted DLC selection dialog but works like charm afterwards.

I'm having the same problem the program starts then hangs. I've tried locating the launcher folder with the following files and no luck. Someone couldn't clarify could they?

Rickasaurus
03-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Same problem here too, it worked great back when I played Magisty 2 with no expansions, I just bought Battles of Ardania and the game shows up in my task bar, but never fully launches. Please test before release guys.

Rickasaurus
03-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm having the same problem the program starts then hangs. I've tried locating the launcher folder with the following files and no luck. Someone couldn't clarify could they?

Oh my machine they are in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\majesty 2\localization\launcher

Haven't tried that solution yet though.

Edit:

Worked for me and my newly bought expansion. I don't have all three though, just Kingmaker and Battles.

Cheers!

Swipht
04-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Go into the support folder of majesty 2 and click on the remove shader cache. Honestly I've had issues where it deletes my profile. . . But it makes the game run. Try at your own risk.

killersweeks
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM

Thank you.

wraith101
05-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I have this same problem with Majesty 2 not launching. I tried verifying cache, uninstalling but keeping my majesty 2 file in My Documents. By the way running on windows 7 64 bit. I guess I don't understand this fix, copy the files shown here then what? I ended up fixing by uninstalling and deleting all files, including my save files.It worked but now I got to do some stuff over.I am worried that the launching but not running problem will occur again and all my hard work will be lost.

zgx
05-19-2011, 08:50 PM

Bump. I don't understand that solution. Can someone break it down for me? I'm still having this problem.

Koutacles
05-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Bump. I don't understand that solution. Can someone break it down for me? I'm still having this problem.

Create copies of but_mp1_h.bmp, but_mp1_n.bmp, launcher_bg2.bmp then rename them to but_mp2_h.bmp, but_mp2_n.bmp and launcher_bg3.bmp.

Should work then.

Syncourt
07-10-2011, 04:45 AM
This worked for single player. But when I went to play co-op it kept saying we had the wrong version.

The game worked for the other player without needing to rename/copy the files but gave that error still. So I got him to rename them and copy new ones anyway but still no dice.

Kinda sucks being the whole reason I bought BoA. :(

eXspresso
10-18-2011, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the advice but when I get to steamapps\common\majesty 2\localization there is no freaking launcher folder afterwards. The fact that I cannot play my game is really wearing on my nerves. Any ideas?

pinolian
10-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Does the new Majesty collection suffer from this problem?

icharus5558
10-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I didn't suffer from the problem

eXspresso
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Bump. Seriously guys! Tried the whole reinstall driver update. But again the fix you guys put forward wont work for me because I have no Launcher folder! No matter how many times I reinstall. Please help! Maybe someone could email me a copy of the launcher folder. I have Majesty 2 and Battles of Ardania installed.

UnityNow
11-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Run Majesty2.exe in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode.

I was having the exact same problem as others described here. I realized that I'm on Windows 7, and the game says it's for XP or Vista. Doing the following fixed the issue for me.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\majesty 2 collection

Right click on Majesty2.exe

Select Properties, then the Compatibility tab.

Check the box near the top to run the program in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode. This is the only thing you need to do. The launcher and every version of the game should run properly now.

OPTIONAL:
Alternatively, check the box near the bottom marked,"Run this program as an administrator," so that it can make the changes it needs to make in order to run properly. This did not work as well for me as running in Windows XP Compatibility Mode did, but if you have any trouble with that, you might want to try this instead.

NOTE: I tried running it in Vista Compatibility Mode, and that did not work for me.

Kragnorak
11-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Run Majesty2.exe in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode.

I thought this was a good idea but it didn't work for us with a Windows 8 laptop.

Running in compatibility mode produced an error that it could not find a DirectX 9 file that ended in"_38.dll". We downloaded dx9 from Microsoft and it solved this issue: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

bat_Bedo
01-04-2013, 04:15 AM
I have the same problem. Some more advises?
I'd tried everything but nothing happens. There no such files in that folder:
steamapps\common\majesty 2\localization\launcher and copy the

there no any *.BNP files there.

Help pls.

p.s.I'm using WIN XP SP3

delventhalz
04-25-2014, 08:59 AM

It's 2014 now, so this is probably a little late for you, but I recently reinstalled Majesty 2 so now I have to go through all of this dreck again. Might as well explain the solution and also point out that IT'S 2014 AND PARADOX STILL HAS NOT FIXED THIS. I mean really. This isn't even a difficult problem. You could fix it in a day. Lousy company.

Anyway, what's going on is that anyone who purchased more than one expansion for Majesty 2 is just screwed because the launcher they designed only has one expansion slot. This causes the splash screen to briefly pop up (it's so fast you might miss it), and then the game just sits there minimized not doing anything.

One thing you can do is disable the expansion you don't want to play by going to steamapps\common\majesty 2\ and renaming one of the resource.expansion folders.

But I think ostrel's solution is the better one. I'll spell it out for you a bit better. Go to steamapps\common\majesty 2\localization\launcher

Then use copy and paste to duplicate the following files, and rename them:
duplicate but_mp1_h.bmp and rename it but_mp2_h.bmp
duplicate but_mp1_n.bmp and rename it but_mp2_n.bmp
duplicate launcher_bg2.bmp and rename it launcher_bg3.bmp

That's it. The launcher just needed two slots and it only had one. Next time you start the game you will look a bit funky, but you can pick your expansion and play. The fact that Paradox has never made an official fix for this is just mind blowing to me.

delventhalz
04-25-2014, 09:06 AM
This worked for single player. But when I went to play co-op it kept saying we had the wrong version.

The game worked for the other player without needing to rename/copy the files but gave that error still. So I got him to rename them and copy new ones anyway but still no dice.

Kinda sucks being the whole reason I bought BoA. :(

That's a different problem and there is no fix for it. Believe me I've tried. I finally got in contact with Paradox about it, and finally they just said that multiplayer was just broken, and there was no plan to ever fix it.

I really can't emphasize enough just how awful a company they are.