PDA

View Full Version : PC Feedback

Neikkio
05-25-2010, 10:12 PM
So far I love the game only a couple weird things that bother me.

1. Their are already people with Legend mode. Why? Cause there is some 100x event thing if you go all the way to the right of the multilayer option. Please get rid of it and wipe the levels. Thank you.

2. Where are all the people? Right now on PC there are like 200~ people on the ranks and 60 on... not exactly easy to do a 20 person match with those numbers... I am hoping a lot of the Euro community will jump on this game when it releases for you guys on the 28th.

3. Controller support is only for the 360 atm but doesn't hurt me it's what I have.

Those are my only problems. That and my friend is getting some weird black screen of death thing every 5 mins and can't play. Otherwise it's a great game!

Spyder810
05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
The game has only been out a day give it time. I never even saw a commercial for Blur just happened to see it on steam, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that don't even know about it. Tell them! I do. :)

Neikkio
05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah I've been trying to tell ppl that I know about it and some have gone and gotten it! I just want a good 2000 people on and I will be set!

StingingVelvet
05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
What kind of video options are there? AA?

Spyder810
05-25-2010, 11:43 PM
What kind of video options are there? AA?

4 Quality Presets, Resolution, AA settings,fullscreen/window, vsync, brightness, and there are also low,med or high sound quality settings.

gummitarzan
05-26-2010, 12:35 AM
We wont since you yanks have been so nice and fieldtested the game for us, i was going to buy this, but after reading the forum i changed my mind.

Neikkio
05-26-2010, 03:27 AM
We wont since you yanks have been so nice and fieldtested the game for us, i was going to buy this, but after reading the forum i changed my mind.

Nah you should get it. It's good! and the minor things that are "bugged" as people say will be fixed. Really it's just people qqing for no reason. Me and 5 friends have played for the last 8 hours with no problems. It's been hella fun!

StingingVelvet
05-26-2010, 04:38 AM
4 Quality Presets, Resolution, AA settings,fullscreen/window, vsync, brightness, and there are also low,med or high sound quality settings.

Sounds good, thanks.

rockhound2
05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
me and a friend of mine played last night and we had a blast playing this game..only problem i have with it is the controller part of it..but i did really well with the keyboard for the most part

Aigik
05-26-2010, 08:14 AM
My biggest complaint is the main menu interface. It's an obvious console to PC port. They didn't even bother to add mouse support, and it's difficult to navigate because the buttons you have to press seem to be so random. For example, insert to add a friend to your friends list, right shift to go to your car screen, etc. Other than that I'm loving the game so far.

nvd
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Heres what a dev said about the 100x event:

Thanks for the heads up. Obviously we're looking into this at maximum speed. Watch this space.

Ben

Heres the link: http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=18746

solvalou
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Is this game framerate locked to 30 max like split/second or it's 60 fps ?

nitronik
05-26-2010, 08:32 AM
no, someone was complaining about getting uhm,...something like 40 FPS. ANd btw 30 fps lock is old, right? it was in GTA SA too!

solvalou
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
30 fps lock sucks ! They usually do it when they have lazy programmers that can't optimize a game. The easiest thing to do for preventing serious FPS drops is to lock it at 30.

I don't know about you guys but for me if there is 1 thing a racing game definitely needs to have is a good framerate like rock solid 60 fps.

clubby37
05-26-2010, 10:15 AM
I just tried this game with my Logitech gamepad. It has all the same buttons as an XBox 360 controller, but will not work with the game. To play this game, I would either have to buy a 360 controller, or play with the keyboard. Neither is acceptable. For the record, I was just about to buy this game, and now I definitely will not buy it.

I got a sinking feeling as soon as it told me not to yank the power on my PC when I see a little auto-save icon -- as if I feel a constant compulsion to just rip that ♥♥♥♥ out in the absence of contrary pictographic instruction.

On the other hand DiRT 2 issues the same warning, but plays great with my Logitech gamepad. I guess it's back to DiRT 2 for this racing fan. Might reinstall GRID while I'm at it. For racing games on the PC, I score this one Codemasters: 2; Bizarre: 0.

dave75111
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM
no, someone was complaining about getting uhm,...something like 40 FPS. ANd btw 30 fps lock is old, right? it was in GTA SA too!

GTA SA isn't locked to 30fps on the PC. There is an option to cap it to 30, but you can turn it off.

YER DONE SON
05-26-2010, 10:33 AM
The intro music is annoying as hell.

fatpat268
05-26-2010, 10:39 AM
I just tried this game with my Logitech gamepad. It has all the same buttons as an XBox 360 controller, but will not work with the game. To play this game, I would either have to buy a 360 controller, or play with the keyboard. Neither is acceptable. For the record, I was just about to buy this game, and now I definitely will not buy it.

I got a sinking feeling as soon as it told me not to yank the power on my PC when I see a little auto-save icon -- as if I feel a constant compulsion to just rip that ♥♥♥♥ out in the absence of contrary pictographic instruction.

On the other hand DiRT 2 issues the same warning, but plays great with my Logitech gamepad. I guess it's back to DiRT 2 for this racing fan. Might reinstall GRID while I'm at it. For racing games on the PC, I score this one Codemasters: 2; Bizarre: 0.

Try the 360 controller emulator. Makes any controller visible as a 360 controller.

http://www.jayceooi.com/2009/01/19/download-xbox-360-controller-emulator-for-pc-games/

Dennis32
05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Game runs fine here, 1440 x 900, everything on, but when I finish a race, after it saves and the Fan Status bar shows up, I get a BSOD.

Anyone else having this?

My PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
GeForce GTS 250 256MB
2GB Ram
Windows XP SP3

Sorry for any grammar problemas, english is not my language.

Neikkio
05-26-2010, 11:06 AM

While Grid and Dirt 2 are great racers (I like Grid more) don't throw the idea of buying Blur out the window just yet. I give it a week and they will have a fix for the controller out.

Ribonizer
05-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Clubby, Grab TocaEdit Xbox 360 Controller Emulation, and just drop all that stuff in the dir with Blur.exe
You'll have to tweak the config a little, but once it's down I've gotten my generic USB pad to work fine with the game...

krypbob
05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok so its a port but not really that bad
only 360 controller support
graphics arnt too bad
runs smooth @1440x900 6xaa hane not tested fps yet but id say its more than 30
Its a port from a console so console arcady type game its going to be.
I like a good race game (grid, shift, gtr2 rfactor and most of the need for speed series(apart from nfs world(im a beta tester andits crap)) while most of my favourites are sim racing and the rest are arcade racing)) Blur to me is one of the top arcade racers apart from a few little issues and teething problems once a patch is released then It will be an excellent game.

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Q6600
8gb ddr2 800mhz ram
ATI radeon hd 4670 1gb ddr3 gfx

Allan

clubby37
05-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'll try that 360 controller software, but mostly I'll hope for a patch. Will reconsider in a few weeks. :)

StingingVelvet
05-27-2010, 07:58 PM
The game looks nice with max settings, but somehow I only get 30fps on my new 5870 and quad CPU... unless it is framerate capped, I would say performance is lacking for such an average looking game.

zpliskin
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
The game looks nice with max settings, but somehow I only get 30fps on my new 5870 and quad CPU... unless it is framerate capped, I would say performance is lacking for such an average looking game.

same here,
at first i thought it was a cap at 30 (if you have to screw a pc port, you do it right) but apparently no, its more complex problem. Many people get 50-60+ FPS.

it really seems to be an issue with quads and ATI cards or something...

bb10
05-27-2010, 09:13 PM
I just tried this game with my Logitech gamepad. It has all the same buttons as an XBox 360 controller, but will not work with the game.
What Logitech controller exactly?

Teriander
05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
My biggest complaint is the main menu interface. It's an obvious console to PC port. They didn't even bother to add mouse support, and it's difficult to navigate because the buttons you have to press seem to be so random. For example, insert to add a friend to your friends list, right shift to go to your car screen, etc. Other than that I'm loving the game so far.

The fact they did a poor job of porting this game means that Im not buying it. I mean they didn't even take the time to add mouse support? Come on, that tells me how much they appreciate us PC Gamers, they're not getting my money. Im sure the game is good, but not that good.

MrDowst
05-27-2010, 11:47 PM
The fact they did a poor job of porting this game means that Im not buying it. I mean they didn't even take the time to add mouse support? Come on, that tells me how much they appreciate us PC Gamers, they're not getting my money. Im sure the game is good, but not that good.

Thats a really strange complaint.. what would you need mouse for? You play Battlefield with wheel? :S

2IS
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM

Get x360ce (xbox 360 controller emulator) that's what I'm running and my Logitech Rumble Pad 2 works like a charm.

For the record, I think this game is a blast.

Writing off the game due to lack of mouse support is pretty silly IMO. I'm not elitist enough to care. I want a fun game and they delivered.

Teriander
05-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Thats a really strange complaint.. what would you need mouse for? You play Battlefield with wheel? :S
That's not a strange complaint. Every PC game that I've ever played allowed the mouse to control main menus. The only time I found that wasn't available is on a console port. That tells me the game is poorly ported and probably has other port issues behind the code. Unless you enjoy sloppy ports, then you should enjoy it.

Kenny007
05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
The lack of a menu driven by mice is counter intuitive, yes, but not a deal killer.

What drives me nuts is that the only Enter allowed to accept menu options is the primary Enter key. With the MERC Zboard, it seems fitting to use the Enter key in the NUM pad, as it is adjacent to the arrow keys...but that doesn't work.

Also, once you switch it to WSAD mode, I thought WSAD might drive the menus instead of the arrows...it doesn't.

Remapping keys in controls would be nice, but I learned to use Layout 2 pretty quickly. Already performing better on PC than I did on the 360 beta.