PDA

View Full Version : Civ 4, i Cant create account, or log in. Disapointed

izmir66
05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Guys i don't know whats happening. But I can't play CiV IV online. And the reason is that when i create an account in game, the screen just flashes like a refresh, so i thought my account was created. . . it seems not, because when i go to login, and enter the information i used to create my account, the same happens and i can't connect.

So i Wanna know, if anyone here as already played CiV iv online, or if someone has had the same problem and was able to fix it.

Help please. :confused:

Demolira
05-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Have you tried creating an account using gamespyid.com and then logging in?

izmir66
05-27-2010, 02:53 PM
yeah i did. and its kind of strange. because. i got an id. but it doesnt tell me to register it in any game. or is the id already good to play. if it is, then my problem still persists because i cant play the game online yet

Demolira
05-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Try logging in with the ID you created on the web page.

izmir66
05-29-2010, 03:07 AM
its not working either, still the same thing. the screen does like a refresh and then it comes back to the login screen, like nothing has happened

ohn767
05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
I can confirm this, im on a macbook pro and you cant create account or login, doesnt matter if you go to gamespy and create it, it wont work, very dissapointing

izmir66
06-01-2010, 01:35 PM
yeah, im also on a macbook pro.the new ones.

And I am very disappointed. i want to play online. This is something you cant do to a client. If i bought it, I would at least like to know, if it is possible to even play it online on macs, or if there is anything i we can do to make it work.

Once more, in the name of those with the same problem, and myself, I would like to play All civilizations online.

Thank you

Demolira
06-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I just checked the base Civ 4 game on an older MacBook Pro and logged in with my account. It took me straight through to the internet lobby.

Have you both verified that the necessary ports are not blocked? Which OS are you running?

ohn767
06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Im running 10.6.3 or whatever its called. Dont use a router so cant say what ports are open or not, but all other games i have works fine online.