PDA

View Full Version : Is this game pay to play?

Lurkys302
05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
It is? :confused:

Lurak
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, but optional. Read this.

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/gablog/index.php/2010/04/14/global-agenda-set-to-offer-the-best-value-in-pc-gaming/

cico34
05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
It is NOT Pay to Play.
Where the ♥♥♥♥ have you been to Lurak?

d10sfan
05-27-2010, 10:19 AM
It is NOT Pay to Play.
Uh, where did you get that information?

It hasnt been released as pay to play yet, but it looks like it still will. At the moment, it is free to play for everyone, but eventually it will have an optional sub fee. Look at this:

All PLAYERS THAT HAVE PURCHASED THE GAME receive free access to Conquest until the RELEASE OF GLOBAL AGENDA SANDSTORM LATER THIS YEAR.

Conquest, which is the main mmo-type thing this game has will require a $10/month fee at some point in the future.

UltimateGrr
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Conquest, which is the main mmo-type thing this game has will require a $10/month fee at some point in the future.

This is true. The Conquest package will include more content, and more frequent content updates. HOWEVER, there is nothing a Conquest subscriber can get that a non sub can not get that will effect game balance. Subbers will have more access to purely cosmetic things, but anything a subscriber can bring to a PuG PvP match is something a non sub can get as well.

Lurkys302
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
It is NOT Pay to Play.

-_-

When the game was closed beta they announced it was going to be Pay to Play. Also...before on Steam maybe I can't see correctly but I seen it required a monthly subscription. When I registered my account on the GA site it sayed "Subscription free" or something like that, it was a bit confusing, that's why I asked... :p:o

Baharroth
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
The game isn't pay to play yet, but parts of it will be after the second part of patch 1.3 (an optional subscription). You can also pre-subscribe after 1.3A to gain more tokens daily.

This is true. The Conquest package will include more content, and more frequent content updates. HOWEVER, there is nothing a Conquest subscriber can get that a non sub can not get that will effect game balance. Subbers will have more access to purely cosmetic things, but anything a subscriber can bring to a PuG PvP match is something a non sub can get as well.

Depends whether or not the new weapons drop as loot, I'm not sure. Although they're not supposed to be inherently better, but it'd be more than cosmetic stuff if they don't drop.

scorchll7
05-27-2010, 05:11 PM
GUYS! Do you guys not read. It isn't going to be pay to play unless you want more content. You will get Coop player vs enemy games and player vs player games but you will not get conquest in it. Also with the new update coming out its not going to force you to pay to play. You only get more content if you pay guys. It's just an optional extra.

SpyRiggy
05-27-2010, 05:38 PM
You only get more content if you pay guys. It's just an optional extra.

However, the new content will almost certainly provide the best rewards, leaving the non-sub content virtually devoid of anyone who's a subscriber. While the game will be free to play, an already dwindling player population will effectively be cut in half (who knows what the actual ratio will be). I think its a very risky move.

d10sfan
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
GUYS! Do you guys not read. It isn't going to be pay to play unless you want more content. You will get Coop player vs enemy games and player vs player games but you will not get conquest in it. Also with the new update coming out its not going to force you to pay to play. You only get more content if you pay guys. It's just an optional extra.

Did you see anyone say it was required? I sure didnt.

Pretty much everyone here said it was optional. Do you guy not read?

Wrecked
05-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Spy, stop being so negative to GA always. The Devs have stated, while it make take longer to get every item, Non-Subscription players will be able to attain every item a Subscription player can.

Just in different ways or in different amounts of time.

SpyRiggy
05-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Spy, stop being so negative to GA always. The Devs have stated, while it make take longer to get every item, Non-Subscription players will be able to attain every item a Subscription player can.

Just in different ways or in different amounts of time.

I'm not negative, I'm just talking about the dev's plans for the game. Even if the gear is accessible, you're still dividing your population, its a model that simply does not work, especially with such a low pop pvp driven game like GA. They should ditch the sub and go with micro transfers, or just have it a one time purchase.

Call me a negative nancy all you want, we'll see who's right in a few months!

Lurak
05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
All the information about it's costs and what you get are in the link i posted...so yeah i dunno what all the arguing is about. :O

05-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Ive played the demo and liked it but was put off by some of the sub details.

If you buy the game you have access to everything,then when the patch hits if you dont sub you lose the ability to craft or loot anything better than uncommon. Thats a game breaker for me. YMMV.

Nathen007
05-30-2010, 07:29 PM

If you buy the game you have access to everything,then when the patch hits if you dont sub you lose the ability to craft or loot anything better than uncommon. Thats a game breaker for me. YMMV.

This is true. I not only paid for this piece of crap that wont run on my RIG with Win 7 64, but now I have to the conclusion that I have purchased a game that is crippled unless you pay a monthly fee, which is counter to what was said before the patch.
Anyways , I will never make the same mistake and I cant wait to see what happens when people in droves get sick of GA and stop playing it. Seems to be this is another Hell Gate London in the making.

UltimateGrr
05-30-2010, 09:12 PM

Not true. You won't be able to craft rare and epic stuff, but they WILL drop and be useable for you. Plus tokens can be used to purchase epics from vendors and mods can be bought off the AH along with the repair kits to keep everything going.

If a subscriber can bring it to a match with non-subs, non-subs can get it. The only exception are purely cosmetic things like AvA win helmets. Look cool, but that's it.

Baharroth
05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
This is true. I not only paid for this piece of crap that wont run on my RIG with Win 7 64, but now I have to the conclusion that I have purchased a game that is crippled unless you pay a monthly fee, which is counter to what was said before the patch.
HiRez always said that it had an optional subscription and that you'd get full access for free to start off with, they even increased the free period by plenty. They're not taking away anything that was actually part of the purchase - infact, they added high sec into the non-sub part when people asked for it, something they didn't plan to include.

It's supposed to run well on Windows 7, have you contacted GA support?

05-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Not true. You won't be able to craft rare and epic stuff, but they WILL drop and be useable for you. Plus tokens can be used to purchase epics from vendors and mods can be bought off the AH along with the repair kits to keep everything going.

If a subscriber can bring it to a match with non-subs, non-subs can get it. The only exception are purely cosmetic things like AvA win helmets. Look cool, but that's it.

According to the craft/loot table here:

http://www.globalagendagame.com/TheGame_Pricing.html

you CANNOT loot anything better than uncommon.
Unless youre a dev or have some insider info Im going to assume their site is correct.

UltimateGrr
05-31-2010, 08:07 PM
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192

Patch notes for the PTS, and this late in the testing, this is probably what's going to go live.

Now, i may be wrong, and that they will limit non subs to only the uncommon stuff, but this is my source material.

They don't tend to update the site as fast as they make changes.