PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Bizarre let the PC player down, no Wheel support!!! :(

Purple44
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Damn I was so looking forward to this new racing game, here a repost of my post over at Bizarre's Blur forum ( also have a poll you can vote on )

Damn, Bizarre let the PC player down, no Wheel support!!! :( (http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18731)

I love GRID derby racing and Flatout racing and derby and was so looking forward to Blur chaos racing online with 20 players and now after buying the game, I will never be able to enjoy racing Blur online.

Since there NO SUPPORT for my MOMO wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

There only support for pad and KB and your struck with the 3 pad layouts and 2 KB layouts, no assigning the buttons to your liking!! :( So now the game will sit in it case and collect dust, I will not play it if have to use a pad or KB.

My MOMO has two flippers and 6 buttons on the wheel, it would be no problem for me to change the power ups.

On the PC, I would say the majority of PC users that buy racing games like to use a wheel. There are those that use a pad and actually are not to bad with them, but don't force us that like to race with a wheel ( hey it racing game, you should use a wheel ) to have to go out and buy a 360 pad to play Blur on the PC.

I bought my MOMO wheel ( on my third one ) to race with Flatout back in 2005 and now it 2010 and Bizarre going release a PC racing game with no support for WHEELS, it a crime against PC racing!!!!

I have been following Bizarre's Blur in the forum and videos and interviews and look like Bizarre was making all the right moves, a game maker to support, now one yard from the finish line, Bizarre fumbles the ball BIG time for us PC players! :(

I guess I go back to Split Second, at less I was able to assign the controls to my MOMO wheel, but the online racing will not be as good as Blur.

carson_uk
05-26-2010, 02:45 PM
mate, we have requested support for wheels, just have to wait and see now.

DJ Cryotek
05-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Wonder if some sort of 360 wheel accessory would work, since the controllers do?

isamu99
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
I love GRID derby racing and Flatout racing and derby and was so looking forward to Blur chaos racing online with 20 players and now after buying the game, I will never be able to enjoy racing Blur online.

Since there NO SUPPORT for my MOMO wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

There only support for pad and KB and your struck with the 3 pad layouts and 2 KB layouts, no assigning the buttons to your liking!! :( So now the game will sit in it case and collect dust, I will not play it if have to use a pad or KB.

My MOMO has two flippers and 6 buttons on the wheel, it would be no problem for me to change the power ups.

On the PC, I would say the majority of PC users that buy racing games like to use a wheel. There are those that use a pad and actually are not to bad with them, but don't force us that like to race with a wheel ( hey it racing game, you should use a wheel ) to have to go out and buy a 360 pad to play Blur on the PC.

I bought my MOMO wheel ( on my third one ) to race with Flatout back in 2005 and now it 2010 and Bizarre going release a PC racing game with no support for WHEELS, it a crime against PC racing!!!!

I have been following Bizarre's Blur in the forum and videos and interviews and look like Bizarre was making all the right moves, a game maker to support, now one yard from the finish line, Bizarre fumbles the ball BIG time for us PC players! :(

I guess I go back to Split Second, at less I was able to assign the controls to my MOMO wheel, but the online racing will not be as good as Blur.

First of all a very BIG thanks to Purple44 for the swift response you gave me to the other thread by pointing me to this one. You just seriously saved me $40 man.

I cannot believe this. Seriously. I simply CANNOT ♥♥♥♥ing believe this!!! I was *THIS* close to pushing the buy button on Steam until I came here to read that the game doesn't support wheels on the PC.

Bizzarre Creations now has the distinguished pleasure of living up its name...because a decision like this truly is Bizzarre!! What the ♥♥♥♥ are you guys thinking??? This is on the *PC* for Christ's sake!!!!! The publisher should demand steering wheel support for ALL racing games on the PC from its developers! This is a ♥♥♥♥ing OUTRAGE and a direct slap in the face Bizzarre! You have committed an even bigger crime than Infinity Ward did when they decided not to support dedicated servers for MW2.

To say I am disappointed would be a huge understatement. I won't even THINK about buying this game now, unless Bizzarre makes a patch supporting steering wheels *with* proper analog steering and true force feedback ala PGR. Sega/Sumo Digital may have dropped the ball with OutRun 2006 by not putting in FFB support, but at least the game supports steering wheels FFS!

I don't know what else to say. I'm just....gutted. Back to GRID I guess.

zpliskin
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
isamu99,
like for real. don't buy the game. you are lucky if you are able to play it without problem. and at this rate, multiplayer is about to be dead, hell it probably will never live.

i am not for piracy,
but i sure hope these guys don't make money off this version of the game.

if you want to play it, go get it somewhere else than steam...
holy crap i wish i had a time machine to not buy this game... or steam could do refunds.

jakler
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Damn I wish I hadn't bought this game. I had read plenty of times in the past that it supported racing wheels but I guess not for the PC. Very very STUPID

BlackKat
05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Damn I wish I hadn't bought this game. I had read plenty of times in the past that it supported racing wheels but I guess not for the PC. Very very STUPID

Consider me ripped off as well. Plug in my MOMO start game go to options... WTF is this stupid gamepad thing on my screen. How can you make a driving game with NO wheel support.
What a day when crappy EA's crappy NFS series has better PC support than other titles.

=hellion=
05-26-2010, 11:37 PM
isamu99,
i wish i had a time machine to not buy this game... or steam could do refunds.

same here...

Smokindan50
05-27-2010, 12:29 AM
How about reading up on the game its supported controllers before you put down $40 next time. And it's not exactly a realistic racing game. They all play fine on a keyboard or controller.

Savage Alien
05-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Wonder if some sort of 360 wheel accessory would work, since the controllers do?

In theory, yes, it should.

ElfShotTheFood
05-27-2010, 05:17 AM
First of all a very BIG thanks to Purple44 for the swift response you gave me to the other thread by pointing me to this one. You just seriously saved me $40 man.

I cannot believe this. Seriously. I simply CANNOT ♥♥♥♥ing believe this!!! I was *THIS* close to pushing the buy button on Steam until I came here to read that the game doesn't support wheels on the PC.

Bizzarre Creations now has the distinguished pleasure of living up its name...because a decision like this truly is Bizzarre!! What the ♥♥♥♥ are you guys thinking??? This is on the *PC* for Christ's sake!!!!! The publisher should demand steering wheel support for ALL racing games on the PC from its developers! This is a ♥♥♥♥ing OUTRAGE and a direct slap in the face Bizzarre! You have committed an even bigger crime than Infinity Ward did when they decided not to support dedicated servers for MW2.

To say I am disappointed would be a huge understatement. I won't even THINK about buying this game now, unless Bizzarre makes a patch supporting steering wheels *with* proper analog steering and true force feedback ala PGR. Sega/Sumo Digital may have dropped the ball with OutRun 2006 by not putting in FFB support, but at least the game supports steering wheels FFS!

I don't know what else to say. I'm just....gutted. Back to GRID I guess.

I could just picture you posting this in between bouts of pounding your fists on the desk in rage.

Drama queen.

Niia
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I could just picture you posting this in between bouts of pounding your fists on the desk in rage.

Drama queen.

seriously.

isamu99
05-27-2010, 03:43 PM

Drama queen.

LOL, nah...that's just my posting style. I tend to type in an overreacting type manner. Just ask NeoGaf :D

But this still sucks nonetheless.

carson_uk
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
In theory, yes, it should.

Apparently the Official 360 Wheel works

2IS
05-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm emulating a 360 controller with my Rumblepad 2 using x360ce. I haven't tried it with my momo as I think a pad suites this game better, but I think the emulator will work with wheels as well, as long as it's a supported wheel.

Purple44
05-28-2010, 04:54 AM
I did not have any luck setting MOMO wheel up with x360ce, but did find a workaround that work for me.

Check out my latest post at the Blur forum, it got pictures:

http://bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18731&start=10

Shelltoon
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
It will have support for extra wheels, but you'll have to pay $15.00 for the update.

Kenny007
05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
You have committed an even bigger crime than Infinity Ward did when they decided not to support dedicated servers for MW2.

I wouldn't go THAT far. IW's betrayal takes the cake there.

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 01:59 PM
XInput only, It., CONSOLEs.

They see YOU the PC gamer as an idiot. PC's are for WORK, not games. They are BUSINESS MACHINES. NOT TOYS.

GO buy a console.

RTD-Spector
05-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Download pinnacle game studio it will solve your problems. Your Welcome!