PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for a HL2DM update.

Euphytose
05-27-2010, 12:34 AM
So great, you add nice graphics, then you add the Mac compatibility, ok.

But WHEN will you FIX HL2DM?

This game is the most broken one of yours, you keep updating HL2, so please keep this one updated, it's a really great game, it's your Quake, your fast fps, so update it.

But please, do NOT change the way we move, it's what that makes the game so cool to play.

>X2<
05-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Once the CSSBeta is over, they may just start work on it.

Hobo Joe
05-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Don't count on it, that game has barely any players, they have very little incentive to fix it.

spencer314
05-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Don't count on it, that game has barely any players, they have very little incentive to fix it.

This and the fact that almost everyone can get it for free with the Nvidia/ATI deal. So not much money from it really.

darthpingoo
05-27-2010, 01:43 AM

With now Mac community plus perhaps Linux community with cross platform multiplayer it could have a sense.

In fact the worst is Lost Coast, it shows MSAA6X in AA on my ATI 5870, but this mode don't exists on it. ;)

I expect Valve to update HL2DM/HL2LostCoast, but also HLS/HLDMS maybe... (it it's easier to port than GoldSrc games...)

FuuKuy
05-27-2010, 02:30 AM

You should check the stats... HL2DM are on TOP25 most played games.

Yossa
05-27-2010, 02:42 AM

Eeh - that's crazy talk...

In Europe, there is a huge fan base for HL2DM. As someone involved in gaming going back almost 30 years, I love the simplicity of the gameplay. Hell, when I'm off for a Friday night frag in my office, my wife remarks "Off to through toilets at Frenchmen darling?".

My kids (15 & 13) love it for all the same reasons - freeflowing gameplay, carnage and mayhem and for all round hilarity factor. They play it more than many of the PS3 games...

Just my tuppence worth on the topic!

Pip Pip!

Yossa

Bromazepam
05-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Indeed, it is still very fun to play and easy to find a good server full of people.
I don't, however, see any "broken-ness" with it. Other than an engine update, I don't think it'd need anything new.

Pilotclan9404
05-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Eeh - that's crazy talk...

In Europe, there is a huge fan base for HL2DM. As someone involved in gaming going back almost 30 years, I love the simplicity of the gameplay. Hell, when I'm off for a Friday night frag in my office, my wife remarks "Off to through toilets at Frenchmen darling?".

My kids (15 & 13) love it for all the same reasons - freeflowing gameplay, carnage and mayhem and for all round hilarity factor. They play it more than many of the PS3 games...

Just my tuppence worth on the topic!

Pip Pip!

Yossa

Do you play puzzles ?

Sirfinkus
05-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Hah! I've been waiting for a hl2dm update since 2007, not holding my breath.

SilverMink
05-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Hopefully the fact that it's the only game on the source 2006 engine will motivate them to update and thus drop support for that genre all together.

Also i really hope it's an open beta, would really suck if it was like Counter-Strike: Source where it was only open for a few hours.

Skaruts
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM

The last time I checked it had more players than AC2 and GTA (even summed up)

You should check the stats... HL2DM are on TOP25 most played games.

Yup! :p

Vonje
05-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Hopefully the fact that it's the only game on the source 2006 engine will motivate them to update and thus drop support for that genre all together.

What are you smoking? Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and the Half-Life 1 port are on 2006 too.

Skaruts
05-29-2010, 04:13 AM
CSS and EP1 too

SilverMink
05-29-2010, 08:26 AM
CSS and EP1 too
Actually, Episode 1's one source 2009.

Also know as Source Engine 15 (build 4216), it's shown top right corner of these snapshots.

Half life 2 (http://mgofiles.com/Mink/Pictures/hl2.bmp)
Half-life 2: Episode 1 (http://mgofiles.com/Mink/Pictures/hl2ep1.bmp)
Portal (http://mgofiles.com/Mink/Pictures/portal.bmp)

Also sorry for the confusion, my previous statement was at mutiplayer games.

Skaruts
05-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Then why this (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-o2Rz3Mpjvg/TAEmNjomwdI/AAAAAAAABKc/4v1EGhH8RTI/s1600/SDKLauncher.png)?

SilverMink
05-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Probably their because the game mounts alot of content from before the update, shown during first startup.
There's also a chance the sdk was updated yet to include the newer versions of the games.

Mendozacheers
05-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Look guys, i believe in valve (:p). The mac release was a good step. why? because they actually Are updating every source game for it. Half-Life 2 was just updated and at the same time they threw it into mac. What do you think is happening with css? they are updating it and they are going to release it for mac within some weeks. And when thats done 3 games remains in 2006 source: Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. HLS was just a port test, so was lost coast (or more like a demonstration). HL2DM is a actual game :p and if they updated half-life 2 then deathmatch isn't far off. It will come.

Skaruts
05-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Half-life 2 deathmatch... lets see what teh future brings... sigh

BS_1
05-30-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't see how Half-Life 2: Deathmatcch needs an update. However, I wouldn't mind some updated features that were added to other Valve games recently.

Skaruts
05-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Indeed. Hl2dm doesn't need updates at all. What it needs is tons of bugfixing, engine fixing, developer support, support for new game modes (ctf, cp, arena, etc), netcode fixing, ingame introductory tutorial for gameplay techniques and tricks (much like quake live has), concluding the ATI/NVIDIA limited promotion that never seen a limit yet, etc etc etc...

Now that would be sweet!

Mendozacheers
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Indeed. Hl2dm doesn't need updates at all. What it needs is tons of bugfixing, engine fixing, developer support, support for new game modes (ctf, cp, arena, etc), netcode fixing, ingame introductory tutorial for gameplay techniques and tricks (much like quake live has), concluding the ATI/NVIDIA limited promotion that never seen a limit yet, etc etc etc...

Now that would be sweet!

haha, im seeing that as updating

Skaruts
05-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Me too. :D Just being more specific and a bit sarcastic, in a way. ;)

fyck
05-31-2010, 03:30 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283945

Seems odd to start a second topic when this conversation was on the same page... Please use forums properly.