PDA

View Full Version : Contact With Sakari Indie

Saijin_Naib
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I think we all look forward to the multiplayer with this game.
Yeap, almost as much as I look forward to getting a ♥♥♥♥ing response.

Smokindan50
05-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeap, almost as much as I look forward to getting a ♥♥♥♥ing response.

Eh? What does that mean?

Saijin_Naib
05-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Eh? What does that mean?
Response from the dev team. I've been left in the dark for as long as you guys. All my emails go unanswered. It is damned frustrating.

Suomis
05-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Ive last heard from them in february or something. They just dont seem to answer to anyone anywhere...

Saijin_Naib
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I've even gone so far as to make a small donation to them through Paypal with a message and request for them to contact me with some info.

Some may call it a bribe, I call it a desperate last resort :(

Mr_Fayce
05-25-2010, 11:12 PM
A bit impatient don't cha think?

Saijin_Naib
05-25-2010, 11:16 PM
A bit impatient don't cha think?
No, we've had a few months drought in terms of updates and contact and given the info shared with me by Merijn I thought it was high time to get back in contact with Sakari and see if there was anything I could then share with you guys.

Don't want me to keep trying, just let me know and I'll stop :mad:

Mr_Fayce
05-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Ohh didn't realize it had been that long since we've last been in contact lol.

Times gone fast >,>

spartic
05-26-2010, 02:49 AM
its like they said farewell to this game. And just removed it. :confused:

Suomis
05-26-2010, 04:57 AM
Really they should give us something. Atleast a new blogpost or something...

Saijin_Naib
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Got an email from Pepijn. I will sift through and post what news I am able to in some time.

Suomis
05-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Got an email from Pepijn. I will sift through and post what news I am able to in some time.

Please do! :) Thanks.

Saijin_Naib
05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I was told that it was a private correspondance but to spread the word. So, I've a bit of sorting and filtering to do. I'll make a newspost with whatever snippets I can extract.

Centy
05-27-2010, 12:45 AM
How about just giving us the jist of it rather than picking apart the super secret email.

Saijin_Naib
05-27-2010, 12:55 AM
How about just giving us the jist of it rather than picking apart the super secret email.
I'm not sure what I should disclose or not. I'd say generally not positive but hopeful and determined. And dedicated, very, very dedicated.

Suomis
05-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Saijn why does every post say that they were edited by you?

Askjosh
06-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Saijn why does every post say that they were edited by you?

Good question ??? are you fixing our spelling or something ?

Saijin_Naib
06-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Sigh.

There was a back and forth going on that I did NOT want in here. I edited it out as well as fixed the spelling mistakes that started the back and forth.

I also edited an explanation into my first few posts explaining my bad attitude.

And now THIS post does not belong here.

Long story short, I want to keep Sticky thread posts relevant. That is all.

Score
05-15-2011, 12:09 PM
So, are you guys working on another game?

Shadow7209
08-02-2011, 05:03 PM
It's BS i bought the game from gametree or w/e because i looked at the pics on their main site so i buy it thinking its epic and guess what 1 MISSION WITH 4 DIFFICULTIES IS ALL I GET it's a rip off and i sent them an email saying you apparently ripped me off please give me a code for it on steam because you basically are false advertising, and bang no reply i need help with this i bought this thing for what 15$ or something i want what i paid for not 1 level

Ryo_567
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
The Spanish translation is ortograpically wrong, I could contribute fixing it if the Developer Team wants. :P

Regards

NemesisNL
07-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Saijin_Naib, I would like to have contact info of Sakari indie. I would like to do my internship there next year. Could you help me a bit? Thanks

Saijin_Naib
07-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Saijin_Naib, I would like to have contact info of Sakari indie. I would like to do my internship there next year. Could you help me a bit? Thanks
I've sent this on to Pepijin :) I'll see what he says and have him contact you.

Hells High
07-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Seems they are too busy making childish comments on the internet.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9702/53029481.jpg

Coming from the modding scene, I've seen teams of 14-16 year old amature developers come across with more class, respect, and maturity, whilst working on a project they are creating for free. Stop acting like an ignorant, pompous ♥♥♥ and take some of his criticisms as such; y'know, like a REAL artist would.

Glaice
07-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Game needs modding tools for the community, badly.

Saijin_Naib
07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Game needs modding tools for the community, badly.
From what I understand, that is a non-trivial thing to do with Unity.

Saijin_Naib
07-25-2012, 07:10 PM
The unity engine was chosen by inXile, developers of Wasteland 2, for the 'Adaptability for player modding'
which was a requirement when they went looking for an engine. I can imagine one question is, was the
game programmed with modding in mind, as it would be more difficult to implement modability later. As of my last asking, it was looking like modding was not going to be possible. It may have been due to engine limitations at the time (Unity 2.5), but perhaps it involved more than simply that. I'll ask Pep and Jelle again later. We also have to think about ability of the community to mod, interest, and whether or not the time investment of the developers will be worth it. IF they spend the time to add mod tools to a game no one wants to mod for, its a wasted effort.

It could help if the developer of Foreign Legion did communicate with community directly. I like the game
for what it is, but I'm always getting a bit sad, when I return from other forums, where developers are
explaining what is going on at their studio. Which road bumps they hit, why there was silence for a time. Yeah, I agree. However, that is what I'm here for. I try my best, though I've certainly made mistakes, mistreated forum members, and generally had a rough time of it.

There is the maker SPAZ - Space Pirates and Zombies, a studio consisting of two people, and you'd
think there's a whole bunch of them, because they are very communicative. They may not even write
that much, but you've got the feeling they are there, and they care. Pep does care, he just is busy. Same goes for Jelle.

I don't envy you Saijin_Naib, for even as it may not be so, people will get the impression
Sakari Indie is hiding behind you, so they don't have to talk directly with people, or
confront themselves with possible criticism. It's a bit like the way big publishers behave. :( It hasn't been all sunshine and roses, let me tell you. I'll try to do a better job going forward.

Dantonse
12-05-2012, 06:11 AM
The times I contacted, I always had response :). But: He didn't recieved all my emails. So don't blame them, great game!