PDA

View Full Version : Stimuls pack in main playlist?

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 10:07 AM
hiya guys and girls,im new to the steam forums but not new to steam so this is my 1st post.

in relation to the stimuls map packs i myself purchased the DLC and as many other i was hugely dissapointed that i could not choose game modes as an when i wanted to ( yeah yeah i know i should have researched on these forums first) but much to my surprise a friend of mine has the new maps on his playstaion 3 in normal game modes..my question is..does anyone know if the pc version intend to do the same in the very near future? i certainly hope so as i believe it would then make the 10.99 i and many other have paid for it worthwhile.

proto1000
05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
They (Robert Bowling/fourzerotwo) suggested they wanted to add it to the PC version but said it would take awhile (via his twitter). He said the PC version was different from consoles, by different he means less people.

Both Xbox360 and PS3 have integration because they have over 1 million players and matchmaking doesn't suffer, so that is the reasoning.

Noone has any idea when it will be integrated if ever, perhaps sometime around when they release their next Map Pack.

DrFaceless
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I've read about that people have gotten kicked from lobbies because they didn't have the maplist. Dunno why because IW wanted to make a new playlist for the DLCs.
But people have gotten into hacked lobbies where they could play any map they wanted, not the one the game wanted them to play. It could either be that they integrated them (which I highly doubt) or because you got into a hacked lobby.

Welcome to the forums, but please don't write in blue or any other full colored posts, use the normal color instead :D

bluesteel551
05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
the blue color makes you post hard to read

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
sorry guys ive removed the blue colour from my previous post.

in regards to the replys which i am thankfull for it doesnt however make IWnet look like they making things easy on themself does it lol , im not gonna rant and rave on how bad of a job they are doing because i do like the game in general , just i think if they can maked us pay for certain DLC's then we as consumers should have the choice what game modes to play right.. it can be done so get it done alredy IWnet lol

proto1000
05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
sorry guys ive removed the blue colour from my previous post.

in regards to the replys which i am thankfull for it doesnt however make IWnet look like they making things easy on themself does it lol , im not gonna rant and rave on how bad of a job they are doing because i do like the game in general , just i think if they can maked us pay for certain DLC's then we as consumers should have the choice what game modes to play right.. it can be done so get it done alredy IWnet lol

Yeah, I think everybody agrees with you, both console and pc gamers. Xbox 360 players complained right away and they got integration.

They made an awesome game, but it has no support from IW and they don't listen or care about their PC demographic. With no dedicated servers they pretty much gave less than a ♥♥♥♥ right from the start and are apparently more geared to the console market now.

|TB|Superfly
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I am all for integrating the map packs so long as it is matched to other DLC users. If integrating means that those of us who won't waste any more money on an under supported and overpriced game get booted from every other game, then I think it is a bad idea.

If it is too complicated to do as I suggest, then why don't they give us a simple "Use DLC In Rotation" checkbox in our options menu. That way those without the check will get matched, those with it can happily play their new maps.

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 10:45 AM
i suppose in an ideal world they should just bite the bullet and make DLC for mw2 free but we all know thats never in a million years gonna happen..would certainly solve a few compatibility issues wouldnt it lol

|TB|Superfly
05-27-2010, 10:49 AM
i suppose in an ideal world they should just bite the bullet and make DLC for mw2 free but we all know thats never in a million years gonna happen..would certainly solve a few compatibility issues wouldnt it lol

They might make it free, if for no other reason than they seem to want to find any way possible to anger their user-base.

Newf77
05-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I have to say i really enjoy playing this game with some of my steam friends. we have quite a fun time playing. most of us have the DLC, except a couple. I really had no intention of getting the DLC at first since i'm still new to the game and wasn't familiar with the stock maps. Having to get used to new ones was something I wasn't ready for just yet. But since most of the friends I play with have it, I decided to get it, and I'm glad I did.

I constantly see people moan and complain on these forums about game support, dlc, hackers, etc. Yes, it would be great for IWnet to support the game better...there are always improvements that could be made to any game. I just try to enjoy the game for what it is, and I don't seem to have a problem with that. I know lots of other people do too.

It would be great, and make sense, to put the DLC in the main rotation. I think it would encourage more people to get it. It's only 15$. If 15$ is such an issue for you...why did you pay 50$ for it in the first place, since that seems like it would have been way out of your price range to begin with. (kidding)

|TB|Superfly
05-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I have to say i really enjoy playing this game with some of my steam friends. we have quite a fun time playing. most of us have the DLC, except a couple. I really had no intention of getting the DLC at first since i'm still new to the game and wasn't familiar with the stock maps. Having to get used to new ones was something I wasn't ready for just yet. But since most of the friends I play with have it, I decided to get it, and I'm glad I did.

I constantly see people moan and complain on these forums about game support, dlc, hackers, etc. Yes, it would be great for IWnet to support the game better...there are always improvements that could be made to any game. I just try to enjoy the game for what it is, and I don't seem to have a problem with that. I know lots of other people do too.

It would be great, and make sense, to put the DLC in the main rotation. I think it would encourage more people to get it. It's only 15$. If 15$ is such an issue for you...why did you pay 50$ for it in the first place, since that seems like it would have been way out of your price range to begin with. (kidding)

IW and Activision have proven to me that they only want more money. They are not interested in fixing this game.

So why give the homeless drunk more money when he is just going to drink himself into a grave with it?

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 10:58 AM
dont get me wrong Newf77 i share those thoughts,i too love the game but all my offline friends all play playstations and xbox's while im the only one in my friends circles that play it on pc and it would be great to have some private maches with the stim packs and theres a handfull of people i play with online that ive met through steam but they have yet to buy the stim packs , and i too am fairly new to the game i only baught it around 3 months ago.and to be fair i don't have a problem with supporting the makers and buying DLC things , my only issue as ive i have said is they could have simply made the stim pack a little more versatile and it would have nipped a whole heap of negative posts in this forum in the bud.

that being said if anyone that does have the stim pack wished to add me on steam for a few private matches feel free ( im not that good though lol )

^2$^1peaKerBlasTa ( steam name )

TheFobb
05-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I am all for integrating the map packs so long as it is matched to other DLC users. If integrating means that those of us who won't waste any more money on an under supported and overpriced game get booted from every other game, then I think it is a bad idea.

If it is too complicated to do as I suggest, then why don't they give us a simple "Use DLC In Rotation" checkbox in our options menu. That way those without the check will get matched, those with it can happily play their new maps.

Since when did they give us options? lol

Newf77
05-27-2010, 11:04 AM
IW and Activision have proven to me that they only want more money. They are not interested in fixing this game.

So why give the homeless drunk more money when he is just going to drink himself into a grave with it?

Not going to argue with you. I don't disagree with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It would be awesome if they fixed it, and I truly hope they do. I'm just saying it's up to the individual to do with their money as they please. If you think they're feeding the homeless guy, fair enough. I just think it's more people getting the DLC that will determine if they continue to make improvements. I can't attest to their business models, as I haven't been around FPS PC gaming long enough, but from what I read on here, it's not very good, so things remain to be seen. Then again, most posts/threads I see on here tend to be of the negative variety. :)

Had I known about the hackers, matchmaking/lobby issues, lack of dedicated servers before I bought the game, I'm not entirely sure I would have bought it. I'm still glad I did though, I don't regret it. I've gotten quite a lot of enjoyment out of it, and I'm sure I'll continue to do so.

|TB|Superfly
05-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Since when did they give us options? lol

Good point...

I was trying to sound optimistic because inside this ugly-girl of a game, there is a supermodel waiting to be unleashed.

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 11:06 AM
interestingly put there Newf77 ive read many things about thse hacked servers and i know im straying from the topic of my post here but i dont understand what they are and how you would tell if you have been on one,i dont think ive had the missfortune as yet thankfully as my game seems pretty normal

Newf77
05-27-2010, 11:08 AM
dont get me wrong Newf77 i share those thoughts,i too love the game but all my offline friends all play playstations and xbox's while im the only one in my friends circles that play it on pc and it would be great to have some private maches with the stim packs and theres a handfull of people i play with online that ive met through steam but they have yet to buy the stim packs , and i too am fairly new to the game i only baught it around 3 months ago.and to be fair i don't have a problem with supporting the makers and buying DLC things , my only issue as ive i have said is they could have simply made the stim pack a little more versatile and it would have nipped a whole heap of negative posts in this forum in the bud.

that being said if anyone that does have the stim pack wished to add me on steam for a few private matches feel free ( im not that good though lol )

^2$^1peaKerBlasTa ( steam name )

Oh I agree with you 100%, i've only been playing it for a few weeks myself. I had 2 people on my friends list who played it. since I started playing with them, i've gotten more people on my friends list, and now we play together all the time. I only play on weekends usually, but when I do it's with them, and it's always a fun time.

Newf77
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
interestingly put there Newf77 ive read many things about thse hacked servers and i know im straying from the topic of my post here but i dont understand what they are and how you would tell if you have been on one,i dont think ive had the missfortune as yet thankfully as my game seems pretty normal

If you join a server and see the chat filled with accusations of people hacking...or see people running around the map much much faster than normal, getting copious amounts of xp for a kill, or lots of unlocks, etc. you're probably on a hacked server. In those cases I just leave immediately. this is why it's good to have a few friends to play with. really cuts down on running into hackers.

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 11:13 AM
oh i see i may have been on a couple then because i recal seeing a few running like the wind but i didnt spot any other things you mentioned and although ive read on posts in the forum that say it can change your stats if you are dragged in one mine remained the same so i put it down to either lag or perks

Newf77
05-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Good point...

I was trying to sound optimistic because inside this ugly-girl of a game, there is a supermodel waiting to be unleashed.

That's what I'm thinking exactly. Althought I put her more as a girl you'd do after having a few beers, rather than ugly. :D

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 11:16 AM
That's what I'm thinking exactly. Althought I put her more as a girl you'd do after having a few beers, rather than ugly. :D

isn't that one and the same lol

Newf77
05-27-2010, 11:43 AM
isn't that one and the same lol

nah. there's some ugly girls i wouldn't tap no matter how much i've had to drink. :cool:

$peaKerBlasTa
05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
going back on topic of hacked servers,i have noticed in the past 2 weeks loading between games has been super slow, ive only got 1 gig ram,GeForce 9600 GSO with 1 gig onboard that,dual core AMD 64x2,xp .. but i was still able to play the game with fairly decent settings but up untill 2 weeks ago,could a hacked server impacted me in that aspect.
I've done all the things the forum suggests such as run CCleaner,defragged,even changed a few of the .ini file another post suggested... however i did discover that if i changed my main screen resolution to 800x600 and it did help somewhat but not as i had it the 2 weeks previously,just thought as you mentioned hacked servers could it be related to my slow loading issue