PDA

View Full Version : Yes! It's the 28th, now I can't wait to purchase my...

DarthSatoris
05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
... wait a minute? WHERE THE **** IS MY BUY BUTTON (http://i47.tinypic.com/535ir9.jpg)????

I mean, this is so ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, it's the first time I see Steam do this, what the ♥♥♥♥?

/vent

At The Gates
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
You should definitely do this (http://www.wikihow.com/Relax).

jamble7k
05-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Not sure if this is any use, but if you're in the UK you've probably heard of gamestation -

Their digital download of blur says it'll become available at 2am.

http://gamestation.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Blur.html

Maybe it's the same for steam?

DarthSatoris
05-27-2010, 05:53 PM
<rant>

I'm just so pissed at this entire European shifting date thing that hate has been boiling up inside me. I want this game for its splitscreen multiplayer and because it looks damn fun, so why am I not allowed to play it? :( I'm a European citizen and I have my rights to have this game in my property!

</rant>

stgeorge91
05-27-2010, 05:53 PM
I want to DL over night while I snooze, but there is no buy button!

AM I GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A ♥♥♥♥♥? (http://www.myspacebrand.com/funny_pictures/funny-animals/_img/animals47.JPG)

Stormzzz
05-27-2010, 09:49 PM
WTF???? I was in the middle of an order, alreday had Blur added to my cart(after seing the "add to cart button" come and go over the last few days, I was happy to see it finally back), then half way through adding other games to my cart, BANG all games gone and no option to add Blur to my cart again, this is insane, I mean ffs is it for sale or not????

How can it be for sale, then not for sale, then for sale, then not for sale , then for sale, then not for sale..............?
With no explanation whatsoever on the page itself.
:mad:

CreamyBunny
05-27-2010, 09:53 PM
that's weird :O i noticed earlier the buy button was there (finally) and it is gone for me too now :\

<red22>
05-27-2010, 10:06 PM
no buy button here either, was trying to buy it all day and transaction would not go through when entering payment details and now no buy option, ok ill have it for free then... come on steam get your act together dont advertise stuff if we cant buy it. there would not be a problem if they did not have it for sale in the first place. but stop with this its available now its not after lunch it will be, after my coffee it will not.

DigitalAssassin
05-27-2010, 10:12 PM
It's probably a timezone screwup. Valve's done a few of those -- it's still very much the 27th in west coast USA... you should probably do three things:

1. Report the issue
2. Relax
3. Repeat step 2.

Stormzzz
05-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah that has cheesed me right off, was get'n fired up to download it...Would you like to buy this game; 'Blur', oh yes pls Mr.Steam, ok add it to your cart, ok ill do that, oh hang on no we are not going to sell that to you now, oh and we wont give you an explanation as to why either. Nor will we explain why we keep adding and removing the button over the last few days, but come again soon. Ok Mr.Steam thanks.

I've noticed on the Steam home page too that I have not once seen an ad. for Blur either. Where as other games that are new release or about to be released get front/home page news. Something is not right, wish they'd show some consistency and at least explain what is going on.

<red22>
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM
It's probably a timezone screwup. Valve's done a few of those -- it's still very much the 27th in west coast USA... you should probably do three things:

1. Report the issue
2. Relax
3. Repeat step 2.

have reported mate and am relaxed i actually find this funny then anything else.

DigitalAssassin
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd like to clarify: I'm not saying it's acceptable in any way to make release-date promises and break them, but I would like to mention that the game's got quite a few bugs kicking around still, and Activision has their lips sealed about whether they're planning on patching things or just leaving things be. *That's* frustrating.

<red22>
05-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I'd like to clarify: I'm not saying it's acceptable in any way to make release-date promises and break them, but I would like to mention that the game's got quite a few bugs kicking around still, and Activision has their lips sealed about whether they're planning on patching things or just leaving things be. *That's* frustrating.

that is frustrating, I agree.herd there has been hickups with the release, and i am sure, well I hope it will be available later on in Australia.

Stormzzz
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
hmmm, yeah from just reading around a bit it seems that no support for steering wheels, not much support for gamepads, many issues with splitscreen, and some saying its a very poor port of a console game amongst other things. Time will tell, maybe Steam are thinking of pulling the plug on this one, not sure what they'll say to those who have already purchased it. No doubt the same thing I got told when the games in my cart vanished into thin air, zilch.

Stormzzz
05-27-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm from Australia and this game has had the option to "add to cart" numerous times(then its taken away some time later), including an hour or so ago when I did add it to my cart. As annoying as it is I could understand if it said it was available for a short time and then they realised they'd stuffed up, but this isnt the case. It's like the Blur page has bi-polar and the insanity is becoming contagious, I could almost have been playing it now if I didnt choose the option to add more games to my cart. See what happens I try to give them some more money and they reject me, lol, but seriously just want to know what the go is.
:confused:

<red22>
05-27-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm from Australia and this game has had the option to "add to cart" numerous times(then its taken away some time later), including an hour or so ago when I did add it to my cart. As annoying as it is I could understand if it said it was available for a short time and then they realised they'd stuffed up, but this isnt the case. It's like the Blur page has bi-polar and the insanity is becoming contagious, I could almost have been playing it now if I didnt choose the option to add more games to my cart. See what happens I try to give them some more money and they reject me, lol, but seriously just want to know what the go is.
:confused:

I tried to buy it like 8 times this morning it would not accept my payment. any usa people can you confirm its still available for sale there? thanks

Mortal1988
05-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I tried to buy it like 8 times this morning it would not accept my payment. any usa people can you confirm its still available for sale there? thanks

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

As you can see,

Yes!

Ayertski
05-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah this international release has been plagued with issues. Just as many international releases on steam. I think it's because of the publishers, I don't think many (especially Activision) like publishing games on steam. So they try to delay the steam release as much as possible to try and make people buy retail or somewhere else.

The big problem I see here is the complete absence of communication on Valve's behalf. No explanation, No assurances, No recognition what-so-ever that there are even people who want to buy this game. I mean okay, the publisher is being a Dlck, just give us a post:

"We apologize for any confusion regarding blur release dates. Release dates are set by the publisher. Here are the confirmed dates\time for each territory"

There, that wasn't difficult. It would take 1 person all of 3 minutes to do that. Sure you can make the argument "Jeez wtf, just calm down people it will be out eventually". But the thing is that we are busy people, some of us need to plan our lives around playing that new game. Think you work 15 hours a day 6 days a week, and you get one day off to play a new game that steam says will be out in X number of hours, only to find it just disappear without any word at all.

Needless to say it is quite infuriating when it could be avoided with some simple communication. I wouldn't be writing this out if it was just for this game either. We in the international community ALWAYS get screwed over when it comes to steam release dates. Borderlands was another big one, but the difference in that was that the real release dates for the international community were the same on steam, only we ALL got the US countdown timer.

This time the official release date for Australia at least was the 26th. It is now the 28th and the game is still not available without any reason. Ah well, maybe they are a bit busy with the mac orange box hl2 releases that we are getting put aside. But again, it wouldn't take long to just give us a reason why this is all happening.

I bought my copy on D2D yesterday btw. And yes, it is an awesome game. I see big things for its future. Sure theres no wheel support, I prefer a wheel for Sim only based games though. Sure theres only xbox controller support, but what game isn't xbox controller only support nowadays.

It makes it easier on the developer and it is nice just to start a new game and have the xbox controller just work the way it was intended. Anyways, those are my thoughts on this whole situation.

Now valve, hurry up and release blur on steam so I can race with my friends ffs. Thanks! :D

<red22>
05-27-2010, 11:18 PM
thanks mate, now all i need is someone from the states to gift it to me. anyone willing to do that will buy a game back for you.

dynosu
05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Yep was looking forward to buying this this morning and letting it download during the day ... but as we can see .. another botched international release with no info whatsoever, oh well ... nothing for it *waits patiently*

carson_uk
05-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I wish that guy from the UK with the VPN server in the US would come back on so he could help you all buy it :(.

I think, I can't confirm this, but wait until )pm tonight (GMT +1 or whatever UK time is atm.

metamorphyse
05-28-2010, 01:30 AM
it seems that the game page is the same everywhere (abnormal cause they usually make sure everyone outside america have a different countdown)
It seems that we will have to wait till 3-6pm GMT till they wake up in america and give us some buttons to click.
The button was probably just a hickupin the code (cause the button is there, you just can't see it yet)

carson_uk
05-28-2010, 01:45 AM
lets just hope, at least the multiplayer will be more populated, its about ~100 at peak atm

S71NG3R
05-28-2010, 02:29 AM
I given Steam a chance I love it to death but in this case if they don't want to sell me this game for what ever reason I have to go here http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/pc-games/buy-download-Blur-1835-15.html

The £10 off is what sold it for me. Let this be a lesson for Steam not to let other sites win over publishers like this.

Now I've got no auto patching but what can we do when we want to play a game ASAP.

benetti32
05-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Now I've got no auto patching but what can we do when we want to play a game ASAP.

Retail version downloads patches itself, when you start the game small window pops and ask you if you want download the update ;)

ZeroSkyX
05-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Cmon Valve, release it to us already. It's almost 2pm here (28th) and still no word from you...

macacos
05-28-2010, 06:19 AM
http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/pc-gam...r-1835-15.html

Can European ppl buy the game from this website or its only for UK ppl?

Dr4Wm4N
05-28-2010, 06:33 AM
http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/pc-gam...r-1835-15.html

Can European ppl buy the game from this website or its only for UK ppl?

For French people (like me) : http://www.gamesplanet.com/FR/produit.html?product_id=1835&category_id=15 ;)

nitronik
05-28-2010, 08:19 AM
is out but no buy button

Sonikku
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
is out but no buy button

Am I the only one to know that on Steam stuff is released almost always in the European evening?

Reason: Valve's awake, then.

DarthSatoris
05-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Am I the only one to know that on Steam stuff is released almost always in the European evening?

Reason: Valve's awake, then.

Yeah... but then how comes there is no "Released in XX hours and XX minutes" sign?

Shadows1990
05-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, I'm a bit disappointed.
Usually, games are released at around 4PM GMT on the day of their release. However, Blur still doesn't have a 'Released in...' sign (as DarthSatoris points out), and no way of pre-ordering through Steam.

Sort it out!

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Why do you want to buy it now?

Wait!

Why?

No DirectInput support - majority of PC controllers will not work, just XInput support.

No preorder offer, no discount, no gift.

Biased launch for Yanks. let them be the testers. you get the benifit of a cheaper price later, and patches (if they support it)

Why do you want to pay now? wait until a discount, shouldnt be long given the reviews. They will discount this game very quickly.

Why get burnt?

Shadows1990
05-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Why do you want to buy it now?

Wait!

Why?

No DirectInput support - majority of PC controllers will not work, just XInput support.

No preorder offer, no discount, no gift.

Biased launch for Yanks. let them be the testers. you get the benifit of a cheaper price later, and patches (if they support it)

Why do you want to pay now? wait until a discount, shouldnt be long given the reviews. They will discount this game very quickly.

Why get burnt?

I have seen the problems on the forum, but I have a 360 Controller (so that shouldn't be a problem).
I don't really care for pre-order bonuses, as I pay for a game I want.

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
I have seen the problems on the forum, but I have a 360 Controller (so that shouldn't be a problem).
I don't really care for pre-order bonuses, as I pay for a game I want.

Thanks for being generious and paying for my discount :)

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
we cant buy ????? YET ????

thats o joke ... this is a NOT funny joke HA HA HA

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
we cant buy ????? YET ????

thats o joke ... this is a NOT funny joke HA HA HA

Wait for the punchline. On day 1 of release, you buy it? The joke will be on you then :)

meanwhile, back in the batcave, the rest of us will get discounts quickly and bug fixes

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Wait for the punchline. On day 1 of release, you buy it? The joke will be on you then :)

meanwhile, back in the batcave, the rest of us will get discounts quickly and bug fixes

joke on me ?

and the rest od the world ..... outside of the US. :D

borandi
05-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Still not available in the UK, 5pm.

No-one has it in shops here, anyway.

Shadows1990
05-28-2010, 10:02 AM

Awww :(
Froogle will show you all alternative places (not a competitor :)), but you'll have to wait for them to ship it.

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 10:05 AM

impressive ... it looks like they ( producers ) doesnt want to sell it.

borandi
05-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Awww :(
Froogle will show you all alternative places (not a competitor :)), but you'll have to wait for them to ship it.

I'd already preordered it online, and phoned them up to ask why it wasn't dispatched. They weren't given any copies on release day for the PC just 360 and PS3.

Various other online retailers (Amazon, Gameplay, Tesco) all say the same thing, hence I went into town today to buy it. Not there either.

Shadows1990
05-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I'd already preordered it online, and phoned them up to ask why it wasn't dispatched. They weren't given any copies on release day for the PC just 360 and PS3.

Various other online retailers (Amazon, Gameplay, Tesco) all say the same thing, hence I went into town today to buy it. Not there either.

That's rather suspicious :confused:
I wonder if they are trying to force people to buy it on consoles by making it harder to purchase...

BeSD
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
I was on town today, and saw the pc-version shelfed in several stores. Didn't bought it though, I prefer to buy it through steam, since the prices were equal.

k37chup
05-28-2010, 10:39 AM
lol! this game not worth to get worked up over

blurrd
05-28-2010, 10:40 AM
was also in town today - looked in all the usual chain 'game' and music store type places as well as a couple of other ones and nothing for pc - same story have'nt recieved any sorry... someone really hates us :mad:

borandi
05-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I was on town today, and saw the pc-version shelfed in several stores. Didn't bought it though, I prefer to buy it through steam, since the prices were equal.

Which ones? Game, Gamestation and HMV had zero copies.

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
nothing yet ?

borandi
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
nope.

Cabbalistic
05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
give it some time

stgeorge91
05-28-2010, 11:15 AM
give it some time

18 hours isn't enough?

BeSD
05-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Which ones? Game, Gamestation and HMV had zero copies.

We don't have those In The Netherlands, it was at FreeRecordshop, Mediamarkt and several others.

Btw, you can also buy it on direct2drive.

stgeorge91
05-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Btw, you can also buy it on direct2drive.

D2D offer a $1 to £1 exchange rate. AWESOME

RED-FROG
05-28-2010, 11:31 AM
How about now? No?

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 11:34 AM
How about now? No?

nothing :mad:

nizzie
05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
You guys still waiting for Steam? lol.. rest of us has been playing for days :P

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
You guys still waiting for Steam? lol.. rest of us has been playing for days :P

pré-order, right ?

btw, enjoy !

nizzie
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
pré-order, right ?

btw, enjoy !

Ahh, I didn't think of that. Sorry, my bad. :(

nitronik
05-28-2010, 12:01 PM
still nothing. Pratically if you don't do a manual research this game DOES NOT exist. This is like Carson GT Nighthawk from Burnout Paradise (epic DLC pc fail) which "does not exist"

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
still nothing. Pratically if you don't do a manual research this game DOES NOT exist. This is like Carson GT Nighthawk from Burnout Paradise (epic DLC pc fail) which "does not exist"

the game was "blurarized"

RED-FROG
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
So that's the reason they never given an exact release date.

Just May. Well...at least May 2010.

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 12:13 PM
So that's the reason they never given an exact release date.

Just May. Well...at least May 2010.

exactly

3 more days left

borandi
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
give it some time

7:30pm here on the 28th. Nothing so far.

DigitalAssassin
05-28-2010, 01:02 PM
It's 3pm Valve time on the 28th... time's even running out on West Coast USA...

Sonikku
05-28-2010, 01:19 PM
It's 3pm Valve time on the 28th... time's even running out on West Coast USA...

Um. You do know it's 12:19 PM on the West Coast of the USA right now? So it's 12:19 PM at Valve's HQ.

TopLoader1977
05-28-2010, 01:23 PM
3:23pm Friday (EDT) - Time in Washington D.C., District of Columbia

DarthSatoris
05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
3:23pm Friday (EDT) - Time in Washington D.C., District of Columbia

They're located in Bellevue, Wahington, on the west coast.

I know it's exactly 9 hours behind me, as I live in the GMT +1 timezone. :)

stgeorge91
05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Um. You do know it's 12:19 PM on the West Coast of the USA right now? So it's 12:19 PM at Valve's HQ.

I think he means Valve time. (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time)

nitronik
05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
GMT+1, 28 may 2010 : i haven't see so far a buy button appearing.

TopLoader1977
05-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Thers nothing anywhere on the internet explaining a delay? whats happening?

stgeorge91
05-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Has anyone emailed steam support?

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
has anybody emailed the dev house managers to tell them they are a bunch of losers?

nitronik
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
has anybody emailed the dev house managers to tell them they are a bunch of losers?
the only thing that these guys would do is ignore us -.-
Still cannot get this ♥♥♥♥in' game and on Facebook they are ignoring all the posts....stupid half way good developers!

borandi
05-28-2010, 03:05 PM
They've got just under two hours. So tomorrow morning then?

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
the only thing that these guys would do is ignore us -.-
Still cannot get this ♥♥♥♥in' game and on Facebook they are ignoring all the posts....stupid half way good developers!

So let them ignore us not sending them money :)

If anything is worth boycotting its Blur and Activision and the dev house, forgot their name already, theyre not important anymore.

nitronik
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
They've got just under two hours. So tomorrow morning then?
yes, and tomorrow morning instead of going at school i am going to candy land.....
/putsomemoarsarcasmhiar

RED-FROG
05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
All the pirates are playing it already.
But I don't want to download this game.

I wonder if the publishers are just blind and can't just see that there is something going wrong....

m00zilla
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
All the pirates are playing it already.
But I don't want to download this game.

I wonder if the publishers are just blind and can't just see that there is something going wrong....

And if you pay full price for it now, you are also doing something wrong. Its called being a numpty.

Actually please do pay full for it. Means I can get my discount sooner.

LordRork
05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
It's somewhat typical that the first time I intend to buy a game over Steam that I'm left hanging by the system...

*sigh*

TopLoader1977
05-28-2010, 03:17 PM
No joke, My first game via steam. What a first impression the've left on me eh?

DarthSatoris
05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
So let them ignore us not sending them money :)

If anything is worth boycotting its Blur and Activision and the dev house, forgot their name already, theyre not important anymore.

hey hey hey, it's Bizarre you're talking about, the creators of Project Gotham Racing and the Geometry Wars games.

They've made quality products before, why would they let us down now? :)

DarthSatoris
05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
It's somewhat typical that the first time I intend to buy a game over Steam that I'm left hanging by the system...

*sigh*

No joke, My first game via steam. What a first impression the've left on me eh?

Oh dear, you poor creatures. :(

I've had several GREAT purchases from Steam, particularly the THQ pack, the Eidos pack, the Codemasters Racing pack and various smaller Indie games such as Shattered Horizon, Toki Tori, Audiosirf, Beat Hazard and more.

Never had a bad purchase... :)

Please pay for my discount. Thanks in advance.

Would you SHUT UP about that discount whatever you're babbling about. It's getting on my nerves! :mad:

LordRork
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh dear, you poor creatures. :(

I've had several GREAT purchases from Steam, particularly the THQ pack, the Eidos pack, the Codemasters Racing pack and various smaller Indie games such as Shattered Horizon, Toki Tori, Audiosirf, Beat Hazard and more.

Heh, no doubt. It's just bad luck - my first steam purchase was either going to be Alpha Protocol or Blur. I edged towards Blur after AP's shaky reviews.

Now if AP had been better...ah well, I've still got plenty of stuff to blow to pieces in JC2!

clickmaster84
05-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Valve...WAKE UP!!! I´m still not able to buy it.

DarthSatoris
05-28-2010, 04:31 PM
HAHA I wondered who bought Craptard Horizon game.

u mad?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

mundooposto
05-28-2010, 07:40 PM
well well well

im HOLDING to NOT become a pirate this time..... HOLDING :(

dandu
05-29-2010, 12:22 AM
HOLDING too ... whats going on? Having a release break? ;)

Thom@s
05-29-2010, 12:25 AM
downloaded fromwww.gamesplanet.com 35€ paypall etc.
playing since yesterday...damn adictive game !!!
we only need a chat function in lobby and ADJUSTABLE MENU BUTTONS FGS

no offence to steam(thumbs up) with this gamesplanet thing. payed enough for other games.

dandu
05-29-2010, 12:28 AM
well ... € 59,00 ... is it worth for that money?

Thom@s
05-29-2010, 12:31 AM
29 pounds this weekend = 35 euros

did you pay 59€ ?
you will enjoy the multiplayer part and forget what you payed.. i promise

Thom@s
05-29-2010, 12:36 AM
post ur ingame nicknames

AzureEmmanuel
05-29-2010, 12:43 AM
AzureDemon

add me!

dandu
05-29-2010, 01:29 AM
29 pounds this weekend = 35 euros

did you pay 59€ ?
you will enjoy the multiplayer part and forget what you payed.. i promise

No i didnt bought it yet but the gamesplanet.com Store shows me € 59,00 . I try to wait for Steam ... don`t wanna download from different directions.

In the meantime i ride split second ;) even the game is not so ...

Thom@s
05-29-2010, 01:38 AM
here my friend

http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/

damn those french dudes..your right

L30n@d1s
05-29-2010, 01:49 AM
wow this is messed up not only can I not buy it on steam, my local game store has also retracted it from sale Bizarre Creations has some serious explaining to do! and I was soo keen on getting it too :(

Ayertski
05-29-2010, 02:26 AM
my local game store has also retracted it from sale Bizarre Creations has some serious explaining to do! and I was soo keen on getting it too :(

Interesting, wtf is happening?! Oh Gawd, Oh Man! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

metamorphyse
05-29-2010, 03:56 AM
maybe someone noticed a load of people saying its pretty bugged, and they decided that europe should get the game when it works propperly XD
or they just haven't set up the servers in europe yet,... and as far i can find the eu version is different (no idea how)

the reason it usually gets a delay on steam is that the game doesn't run on steam servers or can't be launched by steam, but then the retail version should be out

so really, just try thinking of what could go wrong before blaming them, they set a deadline, that isn't always the easiest way to give people the best bug free game.... especially cause we all want to wreck the cars in multiplayer mayhem

Shadows1990
05-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Interesting, wtf is happening?! Oh Gawd, Oh Man! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

I lol'd. Hard.

LordRork
05-29-2010, 04:53 AM
so really, just try thinking of what could go wrong before blaming them, they set a deadline, that isn't always the easiest way to give people the best bug free game.... especially cause we all want to wreck the cars in multiplayer mayhem

But they could at least put a message on the game's Steam page saying something like "This game release has been delayed" so people know where they stand.

I don't blame for software problems, but Steam perhaps need to work on their communication a bit more.

SirBenn21
05-29-2010, 05:32 AM

I agree.

Still need to finish Dirt 2.

Ben

Stormzzz
05-29-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm sure almost everyone can understand if they are having issues, but what we are after is an explanation to the loyal Steam fans, I have bought around 220 Steam games in the last year(I must have a short attention span and get bored with most games quickly, but I always go back and play the good ones) and I would of thought it was in their best interest to please their customers and not piss us off.

nitronik
05-29-2010, 06:20 AM
there isn't still anything! no buy button! ♥♥♥♥ this! screw you EU B(u)l(l)r-♥♥♥♥

Chapa9dj
05-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Good thing i pre-ordered this on time.
The game is no longer available in my region.

arafeli
05-29-2010, 06:46 AM
there is still no word on why we cant buy blur?

Stormzzz
05-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Where is some generous Americans that want to gift this to an unfortunate Aussie bloke?, I'll buy you a game of equal value(or even $5 more, whats $5, cant even get a meal deal for that these days. Or if anyone knows a good proxy or some way around these BS international racist double standards pls do tell.

Stormzzz
05-29-2010, 06:59 AM
I think the only change or word we will here form Steam is when May is over and they have to change the release date from May to ?(June maybe). With the arogant disregard for keen international buyers I'm not holding my breath for anything more specific.

RED-FROG
05-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Still not there. My pirate-friends saying the game sucks. You can't even change control settings (I think I wouldn't care much about this one myself). The videos are too cool.

I'm losing interest because of that, but maybe thery're just noobs. What's up with this game? Is it a bad PC Title? I HATE bad console ports. Don't make the people do something wrong..

nizzie
05-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Still not there. My pirate-friends saying the game sucks. You can't even change control settings (I think I wouldn't care much about this one myself). The videos are too cool.

I'm losing interest because of that, but maybe thery're just noobs. What's up with this game? Is it a bad PC Title? I HATE bad console ports. Don't make the people do something wrong..

The game's a lot of fun in multiplayer, just like the old times with Mario Kart on SNES and N64. I played SP for like an hour tops, can't say much about it. I also can't comment on keyboard key settings, but for my xbox controller there's 3 presets, but I stick with the default one - it's good.

Graphics are ok, sound - especially the soundtrack - is awesome.

All in all one of the best games I bought this year and I haven't played anything else for the last 3 days. Love it.

theleast
05-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Who cares what pirates think, they're idiots, and generally people who pirate games are the ones who don't think it's worth buying in the first place and are therefore more likely to be critical of it.

Still waiting for the "Buy" button to appear here in Australia, and it's the 30th now.

Shadows1990
05-29-2010, 09:00 AM
4PM (GMT) and still nothing :(

RED-FROG
05-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Multiplayer is fun?
I heard the servers are partly down and don't even allow MP play.
Furthermore there are barely more than 20 active players in the MP part.
*cough*
Is it matchmaking with a Lobby again? Everybody knows how well this has worked in games such as RF:G lol /irony
There's almost 10.000 people who want to pirate and 2000 offering. RS downloads not even included. I blame Steam and the bad support of Activision. OLoL even Indie game producers do a better job.

nizzie
05-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Multiplayer is fun?
I heard the servers are partly down and don't even allow MP play.
Furthermore there are barely more than 20 active players in the MP part.
*cough*
Is it matchmaking with a Lobby again? Everybody knows how well this has worked in games such as RF:G lol /irony
There's almost 10.000 people who want to pirate and 2000 offering. RS downloads not even included. I blame Steam and the bad support of Activision. OLoL even Indie game producers do a better job.

The servers haven't been down at all, been playing for days without any problems. I played earlier this day and there were like ~80 people online, now probably more. It's really low, but it was MUCH worse 2 days ago. It's obviously Steam's fault. Another problem is that many players simply can't play online because of a bug, this has to be fixed asap.

Multiplayer consists of several play modes, right now only 2-10 player and 2-20 player modes are populated because of the low number of people online. You choose the mode, then get transferred to a lobby. You can also start private games and there's a friend list which makes it possible to invite friends into a game. It works well, if it works for you at all.

RED-FROG
05-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Ok thanks for the information! Added reputation. :3

BeSD
05-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I download it trough gamesplanet. It saved me €10 :)

nitronik
05-29-2010, 12:21 PM

1) are you from USA?
2) how much u paid? 29.99€?

Cabbalistic
05-29-2010, 01:32 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287897 about the only way to get it on steam at the moment

LordRork
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM

I snapped and got it through gamesplanet, too. The same price as my usual 'physical' retailer, so it's all good.

Bad luck, Steam.

richie72
05-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I snapped and got it through gamesplanet, too. The same price as my usual 'physical' retailer, so it's all good.

Bad luck, Steam.

I got it on gamesplanet too. I can't believe it not being available in the UK. Especially because the game was made here! You lost some more money from us Steam. Games should be available to download at midnight on the release date!

RED-FROG
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Where is the ♥♥♥♥ing game?

Shadows1990
05-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Where is the ♥♥♥♥ing game?

Still no word from either Valve or Bizarre Creations I'm afraid.

stgeorge91
05-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Still no word from either Valve or Bizarre Creations I'm afraid.

I went to HMV earlier today as a last resort and they said it was supposed to be released on Friday but it was recalled. :confused:

Shadows1990
05-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I went to HMV earlier today as a last resort and they said it was supposed to be released on Friday but it was recalled. :confused:

I read somewhere on this forum that a game retailer received the 360+PS3 copies, but no PC copies.
Does seem a bit odd :confused:

DarthSatoris
05-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Great news for Danish people, Coolshop.dk has the retail PC version (http://www.coolshop.dk/catalog/product/60482-blur--for-pc) for sale for 312 DKK, which is roughly 42 € and $51.

Should I go for the deal, or should I patiently wait for the Steam release? :)

RED-FROG
05-29-2010, 05:24 PM
The Steam guys doesn't seem to work in weekends.
But we play in weekends.

archi_floyd
05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
hoping that blur will be available soon in europe. Can't wait to drive the Corvette Zr1 :D

mundooposto
05-29-2010, 07:00 PM
nothing yet ?????

i cant believe steam ...... :(

SirBenn21
05-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I gave in and bought it via GAMESPLANT.com.

Hope I can add it to Steam later like other games I have in the past.

Sorry Steam, but you took just too long. :(

Ben

DigitalAssassin
05-29-2010, 10:31 PM

Ding! We have a winner.

dandu
05-30-2010, 01:59 AM
here my friend

http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/

damn those french dudes..your right

thx Thomas, now its mine ... good prize :D

metamorphyse
05-30-2010, 03:04 AM
*sniffles* why o why do people treat belgium as a region by itself,... even GfWL thinks we only speak french, and gamesplanet etc ain't selling to me either :(

(but if i get my hands on copies i'll help the poor guys from down under cuase even gamespot sais the release date is TBA for australia XD

SirBenn21
05-30-2010, 05:26 AM
*sniffles* why o why do people treat belgium as a region by itself,... even GfWL thinks we only speak french, and gamesplanet etc ain't selling to me either :(

(but if i get my hands on copies i'll help the poor guys from down under cuase even gamespot sais the release date is TBA for australia XD

I got mine here http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/ today.

Hope this helps.

Ben

nitronik
05-30-2010, 05:52 AM
an Italian mate said that he bought the Xbox360 copy today...still no voice for PC one...

mundooposto
05-30-2010, 07:35 AM
screw steam. im gonna get blur for free. u won steam.

RockyMM303
05-30-2010, 08:21 AM
screw steam. im gonna get blur for free. u won steam.
Oh, what a mistake to make... :/

Dracusis
05-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Oh, what a mistake to make... :/

His argument is kinda valid (note I said kinda) as this is actually the argument that VALVe use to combat piracy. Gabe Newell himself has said that combating piracy is simply, you provide a better service for the customer and they'll gladly pay. Valve looked at piracy in Russia and found that the pirates over there were cracking the game and translating the text English to Russian and then releasing it faster that other publishers released a Russian language version - the pirates were providing a better service so customers that wanted the product simply got it from the pirates as they were the only ones offering it.

What's happening here the the exact opposite of what Steam was designed to do. It's stopping customers from getting what they want and not telling them why or how to get it. Naturally people will look elsewhere be it another store or the "black market". People want what they want, and they'll go where they can get what they want - they teach you that in 1st year economics.

The solution is dead simple but publishers just don't seem to get it. I really wish they would though because in the end PC Gamers get blamed because the publishers can't admit that they're less organised and less competent than a rag-tag group of volunteer bootleggers. Notice how no one ever blames the bootleggers or the publishers though - somehow nowadays it's always the consumers fault.

If I was the president of Bizarre Creations and getting profit share of the PC release I'd be suing Activision or Valve/Steam or whoever it is that's screwed this up for damages of lost sales.

RED-FROG
05-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Yea. I think it caused a lot of damage.

However Steam is not the only platform to get the game, but it hurts the image of the publisher that doesn't seem to be able to release a silly game on time everywhere.

But the biggest joke is the price of Blur here in germany.
Amazon wants a whole 52,90€ which is 65USD at the moment.
Steam on the other hand wants just 40USD. HELLO? No wonder european people are not buying it. The only way for me is to dodge the euro prices.
And imo...this game is absolutely not worth 53€ It lacks in variation (maps, SP gamemodes - I could care less about that massive vehicle depot - look at how many Trackmania1 has - but the game was/is da bomb!!!!!)

just my 2cents.

Stormzzz
05-31-2010, 12:08 AM
If the single player mode is short and worthless, and there is no non-American servers, then the game will be a fair bit of fail anyway. If it was made to be mainly a multiplayer game then it also wont have much appeal to go back to after the online mode/servers die, which at this rate wont be too far away. I'm starting to be thankful I havent had a chance to buy this game through steam as yet. Unfortunately due to a fail release I'm going to have to resort to torrents for a look.;)

CreamyBunny
05-31-2010, 12:19 AM
If the single player mode is short and worthless, and there is no non-American servers, then the game will be a fair bit of fail anyway. If it was made to be mainly a multiplayer game then it also wont have much appeal to go back to after the online mode/servers die, which at this rate wont be too far away. I'm starting to be thankful I havent had a chance to buy this game through steam as yet. Unfortunately due to a fail release I'm going to have to resort to torrents for a look.;)

too bad if you do that, the multiplayer is the best part :) you could just go buy it at the shop, i did and it was totally worth it ;) better then waiting who knows how long or ruining the game by having no multiplayer :D

Stormzzz
05-31-2010, 03:44 AM
Yeah but as I said for non-American people who will have a high ping if playing on American only servers which is all they have atm anyway, then the multiplayer is worthless, and with not much work put into the single player then what would a non-American be paying for? Until its released on Steam, torrents ftw for this fail release atm.
When and if they do take away their racist discrimination and actually release it to non-Americans then i'll happily buy it as I believe in supporting the programmers. Hopefully they put up some european and Australian servers too, so we can actually get our moneys worth.

CreamyBunny
05-31-2010, 03:57 AM
they only have american servers? :s any idea if it's the same with the xbox version? that's what i bought instead of waiting

GhostRiderLSOV
05-31-2010, 03:57 AM
I have noticed lag quite a few times, but nothing game-breaking.
And I don't have the best of connections either.
(I live in Greece by the way)

RED-FROG
05-31-2010, 04:03 AM
I'd also play the multiplayer, but hearing about multiplayer-hacks like 2-3 days post release is a big let down. o_o

The other big let down of course is the incompetence by the publishers and Steam.
Nobody of them have ever responded in those Forums. It's obvious that there are people with questions.

Actually somebody in USA tried to gift the game to me, since the prices are ridiculous in germany. RIDICULOUS.
I don't know why but he couldn't gift it. But that's alright now.

If the game makers don't care about their customers, why should I care about them..?
BLUR PC is treated like a side-product like many other console games. I hoped that wouldn't happen on Blur.
My story ends here. :P

carson_uk
05-31-2010, 05:03 AM
I'd also play the multiplayer, but hearing about multiplayer-hacks like 2-3 days post release is a big let down. o_o

The other big let down of course is the incompetence by the publishers and Steam.
Nobody of them have ever responded in those Forums. It's obvious that there are people with questions.

Actually somebody in USA tried to gift the game to me, since the prices are ridiculous in germany. RIDICULOUS.
I don't know why but he couldn't gift it. But that's alright now.

If the game makers don't care about their customers, why should I care about them..?
BLUR PC is treated like a side-product like many other console games. I hoped that wouldn't happen on Blur.
My story ends here. :P

The hackers are rare, we have reported the security exploit, hopefully it will get patched out.

With the EU/Rest of World release I completely agree, Steam/Devs should at least tell us what is going on.

CraftyCroc
05-31-2010, 05:08 AM
the lag for me only occured the first night i played. Now i don't have raining cars... and tbh... the multiplayer on this game will take a while to die. Its immense.

Edit: I've also not encountered a hacker yet... i beleive they are far and few between. And i'm also unsure of any real bugs in the game atm, my game play is smooth and crisp .. unlike Mccoys

carson_uk
05-31-2010, 05:13 AM
the lag for me only occured the first night i played. Now i don't have raining cars... and tbh... the multiplayer on this game will take a while to die. Its immense.

Edit: I've also not encountered a hacker yet... i beleive they are far and few between. And i'm also unsure of any real bugs in the game atm, my game play is smooth and crisp .. unlike Mccoys

I haven't had any performance problems, it seems to be those with multiple GPU's or low end systems that are suffering.

Having port forwarded my router so my NAT status is 'open' I barely notice any lag, no d/c's.

My other computer which is 'moderate' has a bit of lag (it deals with it quite well though, no delay in controls etc) and every few hours of races I get a D/C.

Stormzzz
05-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Well 40 mins away from June here, Im waiting for the only news I'm expecting off Steam and that is for them to change release date from May to June for non-Americans.
I'm aware America is a bit slow and it wont be June there for several hours. :D , so not expecting it to be changed in 40mins time.
Come on Steam I'm sure one of your employee's is aware of this thread please tell the non-Americans wtf is goin on, just an explanation pls, would be appreciated. Iv'e noticed alot of seeders/leechers on the torrents, so far i'd say your're helping to make those numbers grow.

Tree Fitty
05-31-2010, 08:11 AM
It's officially June 1 here and still no Blur.

Bit torrent it is then...

DarthSatoris
05-31-2010, 08:29 AM
I've had it with Steam, I'm going retail now! :mad:

(but only for Blur)

Z3R0B4NG
05-31-2010, 08:56 AM
i dont think anybody from steam/valve will ever look inside the Game specific forums, only if something is reported as spam etc.

maybe you guys should make some noise in the more general Forums?

i dont plan on buying BLUR on steam anytime soon, but just so you know.
Germany 31.05.2010 16:55 and NO buy button here either.
Wasnt the releasedate 28th ish?

metamorphyse
05-31-2010, 09:44 AM
*dances around a bit*
*screams for attention*
"wonders what words atract moderators"
*gets a magnet* muhahaha
ok so in conclusion

Steam ain't got a clue wether to release outside america
bizarre games is working on patches
neither are aware of the non-american agression towards being ignored

*whistles a tune*
*wrecks some havoc*

so i estimate blur release on steam the 18th June
- this will include the first patch
- MP on steam servers
- week(end) sale (-25% to -50%)

blur for australia 28th June
- second patch
- no sale
- high price

ok those are my predictions,...
*wonders whether we are allowed to bet on release dates :P*

****EDIT****
so i got bored and guess what:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1289952

Stormzzz
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh man, hurry up and release this game to non-Americans already Steam, you're helping to kill this games future so far.

GamerSam
05-31-2010, 04:24 PM
I wanted to buy an Arcade Racer.

I waited for Split Second.... but then it was never released on Steam. Then I waited for Blur... but the European release got delayd. Now I bought FlatOut Ultimate Carnage instead.

There is a lesson to be learned here for a certain shoddy publisher xD

PaoloM
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
It's clear to me that there is some sort of agreement between Activion and Valve about delaying Blur on Steam in Europe. How much do we have to wait? The developers probably don't know anything, and Valve/Activision surely are not going to provide info about this kind of marketing strategy. We will be left in the dark until the game will be available.

Stormzzz
05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
lol @ buying ultimate carnage, I dont blame you , plus I reckon its a good game:cool:

to the last post: I'd call this a marketing failure, not sure it qualifies as a strategy unless of course the strategy is to get as many people jarated off as possible and also see how many seeders and leeechers you can get to pirate the game before you attempt to make any money off it, oh and throw into that strategy an almost inevitable short life for future online gameplay.
They could at least give a rough release date for non-American folks, they are losing customers by the day.
I liken it to movies and TV episodes, for instnace 'LOST' they would attempt to show the episodes well after American air times here in Australia, so those that actually enjoyed the show would just download via torrents rather than wait. I think they finally clued on by the finale and ended up showing it only hours after it was aired in America. I wonder when the game publishers will wake up to this fact.
In a nutshell all media needs to be released at the same time internationally, or people will do what they can to get it anyway.

PaoloM
05-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, I'm going for Burnout Paradise. Is the multiplayer community still active?

Stormzzz
05-31-2010, 06:26 PM
I just got burnout paradise a few days ago , but havent had a chance to have a good go of it yet, and cant comment on the multiplayer either, as I only had a quick go at single player so far. I also got Need for Speed Undercover because I have always enjoyed NFS series, and ive spent most of my spare time going through the single player mode on that, I'd get NFS shift but seems a bit boring without the police chases and all. I think most multiplayer games that are not relatively new releases are dead or close to it when it comes to online mode, apart form the odd exception of course. I'll try Burnout paradise online for you later today if want, but I'm sure there will be info in the actual game section on these forums about it if you want ot know now. Anyway I should shutup cos im going off thread topic.

borandi
06-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Now officially June in the UK, so the Steam pages are lying. Out in May my ****.

nizzie
06-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Now officially June in the UK, so the Steam pages are lying. Out in May my ****.

According to Steam support it's out.

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello XXX, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. The game is available on Steam through the following link: Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42640/ Please follow the link below for more information: Title: Buying Games through Steam Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-WEJC-2625 If you have any further questions, please let us know.

RockyMM303
06-01-2010, 02:25 AM
His argument is kinda valid (note I said kinda) as this is actually the argument that VALVe use to combat piracy. Gabe Newell himself has said that combating piracy is simply, you provide a better service for the customer and they'll gladly pay. Valve looked at piracy in Russia and found that the pirates over there were cracking the game and translating the text English to Russian and then releasing it faster that other publishers released a Russian language version - the pirates were providing a better service so customers that wanted the product simply got it from the pirates as they were the only ones offering it.

What's happening here the the exact opposite of what Steam was designed to do. It's stopping customers from getting what they want and not telling them why or how to get it. Naturally people will look elsewhere be it another store or the "black market". People want what they want, and they'll go where they can get what they want - they teach you that in 1st year economics.

The solution is dead simple but publishers just don't seem to get it. I really wish they would though because in the end PC Gamers get blamed because the publishers can't admit that they're less organised and less competent than a rag-tag group of volunteer bootleggers. Notice how no one ever blames the bootleggers or the publishers though - somehow nowadays it's always the consumers fault.

If I was the president of Bizarre Creations and getting profit share of the PC release I'd be suing Activision or Valve/Steam or whoever it is that's screwed this up for damages of lost sales.

I wholeheartedly agree with your entire post! I would gladely give you reputation if I had some to give :)

This is not the the first and unfortunately not the last game that is plagued with publisher's shortsighting. Especially German gamers are feeling publisher's unfairness - almost 10% of Steam games are not available there.

And it's not just wether the game would be released or not, it's sometimes the features of the game. For instance, Sega Rally Racing (I might gotten the name of the game wrong) has multiplayer in PS3 and XBox versions, but no multiplayer in PC version. SEGA cited "piracy" as the reason for not including online multiplayer, saying "that people would pirate the game anyway" and that "the increase in profit from sales of a game with online multiplayer would not cover the costs of the development" ??!?!?! :confused::confused::confused: Could they be more disillusioned???

Those are only tip of the icebergs. And the same thing is happening with the music industry, and to the lesser extent the movie industry. Record labels have persuaded the artists that THEIR FANS are "bad guys" for pirating the music they love, when in fact, the pirates are offering better service to music consumers for no charge! In some polls organized by some sites, and I'm not saying that this is relevant, but indicative, many people who pirate music have said that they would gladely pay few bucks for albums they liked. And that's why iTunes holds almost 40% of market share in digital download of music. They are like Steam for music. They offer easy and convinent way to buy LEGALLY music you like, although they might not be the cheapest around, but often they offer exclusive bonus tracks to compensate. That's is why I believe that site like bandcamp where many artist have "pay as much as you like - with minimum set" type of sales of their music. And often fans pay as double as minimum price just to support the artist they like.

What is sad is that region restrictions, micro-transactions and high pricing is happening to Blizzard and Starcraft 2, who are arguably the best that "pure" PC gaming has to offer.

Why I have said to that guy "Oh, what mistake to make" is that I got banned for simmilar post on Rocket Knight forum, where I was totally angried by publisher's stance that WE, THE GAMERS should write e-mails to them ASKING THEM to release the game in Europe??!?! :confused::confused::confused: We should write them to release the game, and then give them the money for the game we pleaded on our "knees"? No way! Customer lost! I don't want to play that game even more even if it gets released, that's how angry I feel.

So, I just hope that someone would change the tide. Someone would see that releasing demos is a good thing. That releasing worldwide at same moment with comparable prices is a good thing. That trusting your customers is a good thing.

As long as they treat ALL customers as highway robbers, this "pirate" thing would get only worse until all the gaming on PC would just consist of old games, indy games and MMOs. :(

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 02:56 AM

Great news. Now, let me buy it! Hey, where is my Buy button? :confused:

nitronik
06-01-2010, 03:36 AM
ehy, try to send them this issue with the buy button...still i am posting like a mad guy on facebook about EU release but no answers...

Stormzzz
06-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Yeah, there is definitely no buy button here in Australia, game still says relased in May, it should say released in May but to Americans only, and to the rest of the world shove it up your ♥♥♥♥ cos you are not worthy of a purchase nor an explanation.

Jono00
06-01-2010, 04:22 AM
I've sent a ticket including a screenshot.
Doubt it'll change anything, but I might as well try.

nizzie
06-01-2010, 04:43 AM
I've sent a ticket including a screenshot.
Doubt it'll change anything, but I might as well try.

I doubt they aren't aware of the problem. It's not like Steam is run by a bunch of housewives for fun.

Stormzzz
06-01-2010, 05:40 AM
True Nizzie, but it's definately worth a try. And as you said earlier "According to Steam support it's out", but infact they need to elaborate on that, and have been rather deceitful with that comment, because again as you said its not run by a bunch of housewives and they know only too well its 'out' in America ONLY, so to Steam I say 'cut the crap already', cough up some real information and stop treating your international customers like ♥♥♥♥.

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 05:54 AM
It's not like Steam is run by a bunch of housewives for fun.

Agreed. So, Steam support should avoid that kind of lame answers.

Stormzzz
06-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Well, I've sent an email to Activision and Bizzare Creations requesting information as to why this title is not available to AUS/EU, and why the lack of information to potential customers, and what the strategy is behind this. I'm refusing to believe that Steam is not aware of the issue, if someone wants maybe send an informed email to Steam support requesting the right information.
Now lets see what they reply with, if they even bother at all that is.
In the futrue I hope that publishers wake up and release all games at the same time to all English speaking countries, and to every other country that they may have language support for initially for that matter.

nizzie
06-01-2010, 07:17 AM
I'm refusing to believe that Steam is not aware of the issue, if someone wants maybe send an informed email to Steam support requesting the right information.

I've sent an answer to what I posted a few posts above - all in caps - let's see how that works out.

Vossil
06-01-2010, 07:25 AM
What the hell??? Yesterday I looked on Amazon and it was 32€, today it is listed there at 52€. Haha, thank you, but I won't pay 52€ for this game.

nizzie
06-01-2010, 07:51 AM
What the hell??? Yesterday I looked on Amazon and it was 32€, today it is listed there at 52€. Haha, thank you, but I won't pay 52€ for this game.

At US D2D it's $40, which is like ~32 Euros. Good deal. Funny thing tho: if you set your location to EU it's 50 or 60 Euros.

Fasckira
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
After getting super excited about this game I was of course majorly annoyed at Steam's complete lack of attention to it all. As if to rub salt into the wound, the adverts on TV here have been advertising Blur as being out for the PC since last Friday. Even more annoyed that, even though its a UK dev team who worked on it, States get a priority over it.
TBH considering the NFS World beta is open again from Wednesday Ive pretty much lost interest in this title now. I might buy it later on (if it ever becomes available!) but for now Ill spend my monthly game budget elsewhere.

Abufinzio
06-01-2010, 09:24 AM
italian guy there, i've got it 8-)

Fasckira
06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Hmm, just noticed - Blur has been removed from the Steam page now completely here in the UK. I still have it listed as a wishlist game though and Im able to view the store page through the Community tab....

Steam, seriously, get your goram act together.

benetti32
06-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Same here, not available in my region (Czech).

Vossil
06-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Haha, yes it has been removed completetly.
Activision encourages people to pirate their stuff. First announce a game, then make it unavailable to buy and then completely remove it. And I won't buy this game retail. I'm not stupid to spent 52€ on this.

SqS.Hyden
06-01-2010, 10:45 AM
A friend gifted Blur for me, today. Im living in Brazil.

Abufinzio
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
omg, here too in italy there is no more the page, only videos oO

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Same here, not available in Italy.

SqS.Hyden
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
omg, here too in italy there is no more the page, only videos oO

OMG !!!! :confused::confused::confused:

whats happening ????

Abufinzio
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
ȋ͔͓̒͊ͪ̓̀͒͞s̻̩̺͙̻̠̺ ͑̈́͗ͫ̓z̥̓͐̚͠aͤͬ̇̈͌҉͙̫̙l͖̱͙̹͗ͧ̾̅͐g̡̱ͭȍ̮̇͐͊͑!̷̪̘͉͇̹̠ ̰
͕͑́i͇̳̟͖͆̄͒ͤ́s̥̳̥̦̤ͤͅ ̰ͨ̃̒ͣ̊ͪͥc̭̖̥̓̀̐̍ͨ͛̆o̼͇̘͔̗͕̳ͣ͊̊ͫͤ͋̔͞m͎̄̑ͭ̀i̥̹̩̞̲n̽ͭ ̰̩̳̥̗͖̘͒̓̂̏͞g͎̩͊̿ͤ̄ ͮ̀ẫ̫̼l̨̘̩̹̤͇͚ͣ̅͊͗͂s̗̩̯̗͍̰͙ͬ͑̐ͥ̚͟o͢ ͔̪̯ͮ̔̍̓̽ͥǫ̱̯̠̒̊̎ͅn͕̺̫̺ͬͦ̀ͅ ̣̙͎̩̈́͂͊s̷͋t̗͍̓̂͌̃ͩ̅ea̡͙̹̗̫͖͌̓m̳̭̲̣͈̯̼̐̀̊̇͒!̓̅́ ̬̥̈́̀

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 10:54 AM
whats happening ????

Maybe Activision doesn't want Blur on Steam in Europe. This kind of behaviour is not uncommon.

SqS.Hyden
06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Maybe Activision doesn't want Blur on Steam in Europe. This kind of behaviour is not uncommon.

Im living in Brazil, and here, Blur dont shows on steam, also.

anyone has explanation for all of this ? :confused::confused::confused:

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Anyone has explanation for all of this ?

We asked everybody. No one is willing to tell.

SqS.Hyden
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
We asked everybody. No one is willing to tell.

Strange, very strange ...

nizzie
06-01-2010, 11:27 AM

Hello,

Hello XXX, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. The game is available on Steam through the following link: Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42640/ Please follow the link below for more information: Title: Buying Games through Steam Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-WEJC-2625 If you have any further questions, please let us know.

I got another reply:

Hello,

Hello XXX, Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further. For news regarding the latest updates and patches, please check the SteamPowered News page: http://store.steampowered.com/news/

rzzx1
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I got another reply:

Hello,

Hello XXX, Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further. For news regarding the latest updates and patches, please check the SteamPowered News page: http://store.steampowered.com/news/

so they finally working to reslove it?

SqS.Hyden
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I got another reply:

Hello,

this second one was today ?

nizzie
06-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes, an hour ago.

SqS.Hyden
06-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes, an hour ago.

theres a start so ....

rzzx1
06-01-2010, 11:36 AM
theres a ending light through the tunnel :P

DarthSatoris
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I finally snapped and purchased retail. It'll arrive in th mail tomorrow morning so I'm so excited.

Only cost me around 38€ with free shipping so it's no biggie :D

rzzx1
06-01-2010, 11:42 AM
well.. Have fun.

Abufinzio
06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
wait...
it is possible to do custom bind on the keyboard? :|

rzzx1
06-01-2010, 11:47 AM
hahahaha bind for what :D?

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 11:48 AM
it is possible to do custom bind on the keyboard? :|

Wrong thread :)

bonecyco
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I got another reply:

Hello,

Hi guys,

this is a standard answer from steam which I had 5 days ago. I answered again on their answer and now I am waiting for 2 days for them to answer. I hope they are doing something but I don´t think so. If it won´t be on steam today, I´ll never buy a game here again.

thanks.

PaoloM
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Bad news from Steam support:

Hello Paolo, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Unfortunately, this game is not currently available in your territory from Steam. We are unable to release any information on whether this game will be made available in your area. Please refer to the Steam store for all news and information on the availability of this game on Steam. The Steam storefront can be found through the following link: http://store.steampowered.com/ Let us know if you have any further questions.

By the way, I am from Italy.

rzzx1
06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
omg... NO WORDS :\

nizzie
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Haha, I picture Steam support running around like headless chickens.

rzzx1
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Haha, I picture Steam support running around like headless chickens.

hahahah

Stormzzz
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Well now the page is not available at all here in Australia, instead of giving us an explanation they remove the entire page in hope of getting no more questions. As I read in another thread there is a good chance that D2D have done a deal with activision for exculsive rights for a certain period of time, well that seems to be the most logical explanation so far, and would explain why Steam are just telling us its not available in that area atm so that they dont lose cusotmers to D2D, Steam would be mighty jarated with all the screwing around they have had to do due to this i'd imagine. Shifty marketing tactics on behalf of D2D knowing that they just cant compete with Steam. Come on Steam if this is what D2D have done return the favor right back at them, surely you guys have more money and can cut better deals with the publishers than D2D, or not?????

spyre
06-01-2010, 05:28 PM
The page is also missing in the UK now.

Tree Fitty
06-01-2010, 09:28 PM
HEY STEAM, HOW ABOUT TELLING US WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ IS GOING ON?

I don't know what school of marketing you come from, but you can't treat your customers like this and expect to keep them for very long...

m0tyrider
06-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Page is gone for me also, (Australia). I am also a bit annoyed because i wanted this game too. But i dont think its actually available in my local stores for PC yet..Must be a PC Issue with Activision or something i recken

<red22>
06-01-2010, 11:58 PM
had the same problems resorted to getting a mate from the states to gift it to me, works great only thing no mp at all cant open my nat. but thats probably the only way you can get it now i could not find it in local stores either in Australia.

ciggaweed420
06-02-2010, 12:04 AM
I doubt they aren't aware of the problem. It's not like Steam is run by a bunch of housewives for fun.

I wouldnt be so sure i have not heard back on my 5 complaints about need for speed shift that i bought that does not work on steam...:mad:

PaoloM
06-02-2010, 01:03 AM
OK guys, the game is not available on Steam in Europe. We have to live with that. Just relax and buy it in other places.

metamorphyse
06-02-2010, 01:43 AM
the weird thing is the games unavailable to europe etc. are just gone,... no page no link, whilst here it seems the page exists but there is just a:
Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

So clearly they are having legal issues or other problems with activition,... cause they still have the page,...

rzzx1
06-02-2010, 02:50 AM
got the game!

Thnx alot to Saijin_Naib .

Nice guy that help Eu players get the game :D

CreamyBunny
06-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Page is gone for me also, (Australia). I am also a bit annoyed because i wanted this game too. But i dont think its actually available in my local stores for PC yet..Must be a PC Issue with Activision or something i recken

i only saw it at gametraders for pc (i'm in australia too) just so you know, i didn't see it anywhere else :\

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 04:50 AM
this isn't just a pain in the A*** for EU/Rest of World, but its also a pain in the A*** for the American's who have brought the game, admitly not as bad, but I believe we would have at least 350+ onlien during peak times if it was available on Steam world wide. Lets just thank people like Saijin, dark_090 and others who have helped us in the Eu/etc with gifting the game :). Other than that, there is not much we can do, as far as Steam world wide goes :(

nitronik
06-02-2010, 05:57 AM
nw the page is totally gone for me. Does gifting work now anymore?

Lincoln
06-02-2010, 07:50 AM
It is going to be released on the 28th of June. I read this today, and unfortunately I don't have a link for you because I can't find the page. So Im going to wait till then. Even if this information is inaccurate it's still something to wait for. Instead of each day that goes by jump on the forums and complain that you don't have it yet.
I understand that its infuriating and we all just want to play it. There is definitely a reason as to why we haven't got access to the game. the fact that we don't know what that is is terrible. All we can do is wait.

bonecyco
06-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I´ll drive to a local store today (Germany) and will buy it there for 44€. Better than buying it from D2D or gameplanet.
I just hope that I will be able to play with my collegues when they get their steam versions.

I think we shouldn´t buy the game here from a company which has such a bad support. For me it´s the first time that the steam support is bad like that, perhaps I am a little bit impatient.

nizzie
06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I think we shouldn´t buy the game here from a company which has such a bad support. For me it´s the first time that the steam support is bad like that, perhaps I am a little bit impatient.

You're not impatient. The game was supposed to be released a week ago. Since then not a ♥♥♥♥ing word from Steam. HORRIBLE support does NOT deserve our money.

bonecyco
06-02-2010, 10:53 AM
No I´ve got from Medi Max (perhaps interesting for Germans) for only 44€ which is ok for me. I am now installing it.

I wish you luck with ur steam verrsion of Blur whenever it will be released.

Thanks

nizzie
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
No I´ve got from Medi Max (perhaps interesting for Germans) for only 44€ which is ok for me. I am now installing it.

I wish you luck with ur steam verrsion of Blur whenever it will be released.

Thanks

You talking to me? If so, you better work on your reading comprehension skills bro.

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Nizzie, have you had no luck getting the game gifted to you? I think the other guy's first language isn't English so give him a break. After all, my first language is English and I still suck at it haha

nizzie
06-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Nizzie, have you had no luck getting the game gifted to you? I think the other guy's first language isn't English so give him a break. After all, my first language is English and I still suck at it haha

Wasn't meant in an offensive way.

I got the game, in fact I already got you on my friendlist and everytime I see you on track I try to wreck you. :P

I'm ARCANE_ARAB

bonecyco
06-02-2010, 04:52 PM
No my first language is not English it´s German, so sry for any faults...... by the way my first word should be Now...not No..(in my last post)

btw: I played Blur now for 2 hours and its good...it´s not awesome...but still worth to buy and funnny on multiplayer

Thanks

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Wasn't meant in an offensive way.

I got the game, in fact I already got you on my friendlist and everytime I see you on track I try to wreck you. :P

I'm ARCANE_ARAB

Ah yea I've seen you about... forgive me for not noticing you on my friends list, pretty much everyone on this forum has added me haha

Stormzzz
06-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Well Activision got back to me, and all they said was that "unfortunatley we cannot comment on a game until it has been released". What a crock of ****, no wonder people pirate games. Bizzare are yet to get back to me.

Shadows1990
06-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Just got a response from Steam about the release of Blur in the EU:

Hello Shadows1990, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. The information available on the Steam Storefront is the only information available at this time. Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest information on upcoming Steam titles and content. Steam News http://store.steampowered.com/news/ Thank you for your interest.

Seniath
06-03-2010, 04:45 AM
From the official forum (http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18941&start=10#p330117);

Hi,

Just to confirm to everyone on the forum there are no plans to release Blur on Steam in Europe at the moment. This may change in the future but right now our marketing team are focusing on selling the PC version in Europe through traditional channels.

I'd suggest anyone who wants Blur on the PC should buy the boxed version. We have some great promotional discounts on the PC version with traditional retailers right now so you can get the game for as little as £25 in the UK

http://www.very.co.uk/blur/634363808.prd?browseToken=/q/blur&prdToken=/p/prod1860874-sku2860797

Thanks

So yeah. That's awesom- oh, wait.

Kazoom
06-03-2010, 07:51 AM
From the official forum (http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18941&start=10#p330117);

So yeah. That's awesom- oh, wait.
Awesome! They needed a full week, to get this info out!? Well ♥♥♥♥ it. Will buy for 10 bucks in 6 months.

Although I'd really like to know, why there should be no Steam Europe release, when it's out on Steam in the US.

PaoloM
06-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, we have a clear answer. Too bad.

Ayertski
06-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Although I'd really like to know, why there should be no Steam Europe release, when it's out on Steam in the US.

Activision's a Dlck.