PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter: Modern Warfare?

TheKritsTheyKil
05-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I LOVE SH3, no doubt about it. It's hands down the best sub-sim i've ever played. I do enjoy the WW2 era, but what if they made a SH3 but say, in the era of WW3?

I know others have been made, which are TERRIBLE!

If they made a modern sub-sim with similar style to SH3 play, would you buy it?

Next question would be, would you rather play a Russian Sub or a American Sub?

andurilmat
05-28-2010, 10:52 PM
i have thought about that myself. and i agree, a lot of the submarine games out there based on 'Modern vessels' do Pretty much Suck Balls - i do think that is mainly due to their UI and gameplay style. but if a modern day game was made in the style of SH3, i'd buy it up in a heartbeat. and if it was based today with some fictional campaingns - such as two superpwers going to war, it wouldn't be just America and Russian subs, you would have korean, japanese, chinese, norwegean, british, french, german and indian subs to name but a few, but i know what i'd be anyway, a Russian Typhoon Class. it would also be pretty good, if some of the scenarios were set during the height of the cold war. one thing though the battles wouldn't last verry long, especially when i would use my nuclear arsenal aginst the first vessel i come across - but damn the battles would be would be fun.

dyabel
05-29-2010, 01:28 AM
... especially when i would use my nuclear arsenal aginst the first vessel i come across - but damn the battles would be would be fun.

IMHO you wouldn't be able to use nukes without authorisation from HQ. warheads remain unarmed until activated by code sended to you with assault orders

TheKritsTheyKil
05-31-2010, 02:28 PM
dyabel has a good point, but lets say some of the missions DO allow the authorization of nukes near the end of them game? Would definitly be intense.

dyabel
06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying that you couldn't use nukes at all, I just don't see purpose of using nuclear assault on single vessel - submarine captain is just the button pusher, coordinates for target are assigned by HQ. But it would be nice to nuke for example a big enemy battle group with few carriers after spying on them and sending raport to base - epic!

MVP7
06-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Well there is Dangerous Waters. It's not really SH3 style but you can't honestly call it terrible or suck balls unless you hate the whole genre.