PDA

View Full Version : Raising wages

LA Snow
05-30-2010, 03:06 PM
I've always wondered what other people's play style is regarding raising wages. I know that as the average Carribean wage goes up, your people get pissed when their wage is lower.

My question is, what's the best way to balance out rising the wages and still not go into the negative. I know that the max rent someone can pay is 1/3 of the family's bring-home. So if someone lives alone and makes 9, the most rent he can pay is 3. If two people like somewhere and make 9 each, they can pay 6.

How about entertainment like the pub and restaurant and cabaret? I think it goes up to their total salary, but I'm not sure. Also, will moving the price within someone's limit have an effect on them going or not? Or is it just the service quality that brings them back?

I did notice that if your population is short and you have a lot of open jobs, people fill the ones that are highest paying just like in real life, so that's kinda cool.

Menace
05-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Once you find the balance of entertainment/attractions and have plenty of tourism (have sufficient income), u can start to raise the average wage bit by bit. Obviously set the more popular buildings to higher wages like tobacco factories.

For tourism, each tourist has a set time of visit. There is a tab which represtents this on tourists and also a experience bar. You wnat that experience bar to be 100% before the tourist leaves, in turn this tourist will spread the good word and more tourists will follow.

More tourists wth different tastes. Build more low class attractions than high class, there are more poorer people than rich.

Leoholbel
05-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I've always wondered what other people's play style is regarding raising wages. I know that as the average Carribean wage goes up, your people get jarateed when their wage is lower.

My question is, what's the best way to balance out rising the wages and still not go into the negative. I know that the max rent someone can pay is 1/3 of the family's bring-home. So if someone lives alone and makes 9, the most rent he can pay is 3. If two people like somewhere and make 9 each, they can pay 6.

How about entertainment like the pub and restaurant and cabaret? I think it goes up to their total salary, but I'm not sure. Also, will moving the price within someone's limit have an effect on them going or not? Or is it just the service quality that brings them back?

I did notice that if your population is short and you have a lot of open jobs, people fill the ones that are highest paying just like in real life, so that's kinda cool.

Yes people can pay their full salarry in entertainment fees. I normally make my fees equal to the salary of the poorer people that I want in