PDA

View Full Version : Nation Red Crashing

Boeroe
05-30-2010, 07:30 PM
First off; first post, don't know the first thing about forums so sorry if there is a thread bout it allready..

My game keeps crashing after about half an hour into play. Usually at barricade..

It started happening after the latest patch and its occuring on 2 different pc's for me. I have no idea how to get an error log, like i see them copied here in other posts.

What to do?

t4phage
05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Do you have Steam Cloud enabled? It's strange that it would be doing the same thing on two different PC's... The only thing I can think of is that it's a video setting or something like that.

Wakeam
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
It has been happening to me constantly in barricade mode usually after 13-20 waves. I tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, defraging, deleting and reinstalling, and I even tried rolling back my video card drivers. No luck so far and that is about the limit of my technical skills. I was just hoping the problem would be gone with the next patch haha

SnowBrigade
06-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Hello Boeroe, Wakeam,

If this is happening after the latest patch, we'll be able to find out what is causing it. Since you mention it's later on in the game, my guess is it could be a memory leak.

It's probably something that crept into the new game features we added since the last update. If there is a small memory leak, the longer you run the game, the more memory it uses until it eventually runs out. I haven't seen it happen here but it sounds like a memory issue.

There is a on-line coop Beta ready which should be on Steam any day now. That means we'll be able to fix your issue along with that Beta.

Wakeam
06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks SnowBrigade

You guys rock, I've never come across such dedicated support for a game like this (at least not for any other game I've really liked). If anyone would have told me I would have clocked 30+ hours on this game originally I would have called BS, but sure enough of all my 200+ games this is the only one I return to religiously. Best game ever! haha