PDA

View Full Version : Crash while saving - regular occurence

Chronomorte
05-30-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm on the final level of kingmaker, finally getting some progress, and now I have at least an hour of redoing what I've already been through. Why? Because every 5 or 6 times I save, the game quits, and the save isn't completed. A complete crash, with nothing but a windows error box. I'm running XP with plenty of ram, latest drivers, great processor, etc. etc. and none of the other apps I run do this. This has actually been a problem since the orignal Majesty 2, and none of the updates has fixed this. Each time I save it's like a nervous wait, then a sigh of relief or in this case a frustrated sneer as I look at about an hour of wasted time, where I actually got involved with the game and forgot to save a bunch of times in between.

How about fixing this? I'll be finished by then, but it might help other people.

05-31-2010, 07:31 AM
is happening to me...

seems to be happening when I restart a mission (not continuing from a saved game) I've played on a previous day... then I can't save my game without it crashing to the desktop.

erase the old save files (there's an in-game option to do so) and it should be ok.

Matteis
05-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Same thing happens to me. Glad to see someone having the same problems in the hope for a fix!!

musosian
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
First attempt to save about an hour into the dragon level, bam, crash to desktop, no save file when I go back in. I thought Steam games mostly worked. :(

Warseth
07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Memory leaks? When I have lots of things going on and I have been through a few areas already...I CTD from time to time to when I tried to save.

My rig can handle eq2 on extreme settings middle of raids....so I know its not the rig.

My guess is memory fail (trying to write memory address that doesn't exist)...

wizblade
10-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Anyone find a fix for this?....

galacticninja
01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm having a lot of regular crashes with Kingmaker too (I also experienced crashes with Battles of Ardania). Most of it, when saving (like an 80% probability of crash, when saving). So I have to make sure I am up to the task of finishing a campaign before playing it.:)

I do also get occasional crashes while playing the game, even when I'm not saving. I have a lot of other games installed (from 1990's-2010) and I don't get any regular crashes with them.

My Majesty 2 installation is the original + Kingmaker + Battles of Ardania (non-Steam version). Version is 1.4.356. My video card is an Nvidia G105 M. Driver Version: Nvidia Verde 260.99 WHQL, Release Date: 2010.10.25. (current latest). OS: Windows 7 64-bit. RAM is 4 GB.

I tried running with the ff. compatibility modes checked (with different combinations): Windows XP Compatibility mode, Admin Mode, Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition, Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, to no avail. In Majesty 2, I tried lowering shadow and texture settings to lowest, and tinkering with Nvidia's Control Panel settings for Majesty 2, also to no avail.

ferretface
01-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Same. Very frustrating. The game is difficult enough without it crashing 1/3 of the time when I try to save.

kornswag
03-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Same thing here... Memory leaks are my guess as this only happens on a regular basis after I've played a mission or two without a computer restart or anything.

Talk about a big f.u. when you want to try and save after you've gotten a good ways into the mission.

xclavex
04-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Same thing happens to me. Glad to see someone having the same problems in the hope for a fix!!

Would not hold out for a fix, this problem has existed since day one of the Majesty 2 series and they haven't even tried to fix it.

Rick_7777
06-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I cant even play through half the quests because at some point, saving a game crashes to desktop 90% of the time. It appears random and I cant pinpoint the source whatsoever. The developers should really put this as top priority for an update, the game is ruined with a broken save feature.

Bague
07-05-2011, 07:55 AM
oh man, i played trough 3 campaigns without any problems but on monster kingdom the crashes started, now i am in the very final mission of the whole game and it crashed every 3 minutes and i had to give up on finishing it.

Well, not a huge loss since the OP heroes in that xpack made the gameplay very simple, but i really wanted to hear the advisors victory speech.

gamersvoice
08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Majesty Gold (Pyrite?) crashes every few minutes. Based on the other posters here, I'm not even going to try the other game.

What a waste of money.

I really wish there was a way to down rank a game or recommend a game *not* be purchased.

Ramboing
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I beat the last mission by saving constantly. I had to load my save about 20 times, get a little farther, save, crash, repeat. Finally won. Lame though.

Reading other posts, my crash was a little different. It didn't crash while saving; it just crashed repeatedly while playing. I haven't had this happen on any other mission except the last one.

Metro
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Think I've had maybe one or two crashes all together out of fifty+ hours of play time and I'm halfway through the final expansion.

D311
08-19-2011, 07:31 PM
No need to lie Metro. We know you crashed more. It's okay.

The game is very fun when working. But the company who will not patch the crashing problem is a piece of crap.

Metro
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
No need to lie Metro. We know you crashed more. It's okay.

Uh... I haven't. Why would I lie? Maybe it's because I'm using XP, who knows.

Bague
10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
and? did u finish the whole game? my crashed only really were problematic in the very last mission. I never finished it :(

Lucasian
02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Been playing this solid now for a couple of weeks. It's great except for the constant crashing when trying to save. This really needs to be fixed and it shouldn't be difficult (speaking as an old programmer). This is the one place you don't want a program to crash and seems to be the one place it does! Please, please, please sort it out. Spoiling an otherwise great game!

icharus5558
02-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Is it a CTD?

kaiohken
02-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Same problem here. But I highly doubt it'll get fixed. Pretty sure they don't support this game anymore..

badson
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow this really sucks and its inexcusable. I'm doing the right thing by saving my game, so I would avoid things like this. ugh. Thankfully it didn't happen on the campaign missions but it just happened to me on one of the single missions. Fun killer.

Some of this frustration would've been avoided with a auto-save feature. (A save every 10 or 15 days maybe?) Brutal.