PDA

View Full Version : Loading the game off a disc image?

Fatimmortal
05-31-2010, 05:39 AM
Can I?

I feel insecure with this thing inside my laptop, ALL the time.

If yes, how do I go about doing it?

Edit: I know how to mount a disc image, I just don't know how to make one. D:

Shadows1990
05-31-2010, 05:51 AM
ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download)will allow you to create an ISO/Image File of a folder/disk/whatever.
It's free and really easy to use :)

Edit: I'm not sure if it'll actually work (because of entries needed in the registry), but I could be wrong.

carson_uk
05-31-2010, 07:13 AM
MagicISO is pretty good. Yea 'always checking CD' DRM is a bit annoying, but at least its not 'requires internet all the time' sending and receiving info from the 'Mothership' lol

Fatimmortal
05-31-2010, 08:43 AM
So, it's pretty OK if I were to make an ISO out of my Blur DVD without them banning my account permanently?

carson_uk
05-31-2010, 08:46 AM
So, it's pretty OK if I were to make an ISO out of my Blur DVD without them banning my account permanently?

I think, as long as your the only one using it, and that you own the orginal, and since your not modifying the .exe files, its classed as a 'back up'... don't quote me though

metamorphyse
05-31-2010, 09:02 AM
what i find handier than disk images is get two accounts (windows user accounts) on your laptop,... put steam on both but have one account permenatly offline, then you can play all games *xcept pure multiplayer ones*
without the "connecting to internet" steam does

otherwise try UltraISO, that works for me

Fatimmortal
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Ok, thanks guys. Making the disc image now. :D

Fatimmortal
05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Ok...it doesn't seem to allow me to load from the ISO.

Something about incompatibility with disc emulators and Securerom.

Wes_Tang
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah. I had a feeling securerom wouldn't let you run from .iso. I've tried it with Dragon Age. :p

Fatimmortal
06-02-2010, 05:10 AM
So, someone suggested that I cracked the game or something...can I do that, since I already own the game?

Wes_Tang
06-02-2010, 08:15 AM
If you bought it on retail it should be fine but if you bought it from steam then I wouldn't suggest it.

benetti32
06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
So, someone suggested that I cracked the game or something...can I do that, since I already own the game?

On Steam you don't have to, but you can on retail. This game don't have any anticheat, so you won't have any problems with it, just use newest version.

It's sad that legit owners of the game must use crack :(