PDA

View Full Version : Check point freezes

carlitcey
05-31-2010, 06:55 PM
After uninstalling my HID-compliant devices per a Steam guru my Fear 1 runs so much Better :D But every time it does a check point save the screen just freezes and I have to crt alt del. Any ideas why this is, the check point saved just fine before uninstalling HID. When I go to the load screen Quick save, check point, auto save & save game comes up the time as a black screen, other wise works ok. :confused:

arizonachris
05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
carl, what I recently had to do after the last Steam client update was to totally reinstall Steam. What I did was to copy the "steamapps" folder to my secondary drive (saves having you to download all your games again) uninstall then reinstall Steam. Then just copy that folder back into the Steam folder. Finally got my games working again.

BTW, my Steam games folder is about 260Gb now. *eeeeeeekkkkkkkk*

Knights
05-31-2010, 08:58 PM
After uninstalling my HID-compliant devices per a Steam guru my Fear 1 runs so much Better :D But every time it does a check point save the screen just freezes and I have to crt alt del. Any ideas why this is, the check point saved just fine before uninstalling HID. When I go to the load screen Quick save, check point, auto save & save game comes up the time as a black screen, other wise works ok. :confused: The freezing has nothing to do with steam it happened even back with the cd's, so it's ok. BTW I just had to reinstall steam as well everything just got totally corrupted in my steam directory. :confused: