PDA

View Full Version : Check here for technical issues

JK_DC
05-31-2010, 11:33 PM
It would be a good idea to edit the .cfgs before you start playing. I hear the stuttering can be bad.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=55163

maul_inc
06-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Nice link :)But Obsidian should really get their act together and fix their game. The following is from their "Known issues and Fixes thread"

When I load a checkpoint in a mission, Mike is no longer in cover/enemies have disappeared.
Currently there is an issue with loading checkpoints where some of the information does not load correctly, or is missing. For now, try restarting Alpha Protocol then starting from the safehouse checkpoint, and beginning the mission again

Really? I have just experienced that issue, and Obsidian's answer is "restart the mission"??? That is simply not good enough! They should really fix this before the end of this week...

surreal
06-01-2010, 09:11 AM
I had it once. But only once (and I played it twice), and only the baddies were gone, and only in one specific region. So naturally I didn't restart and just kept on playing, and voila everything worked well. Baddies returned in all other areas, everything else was in place.
Yup, it's a bug, but you can't exactly call it game-breaking...

Anyone who played Obsidian games in the past should know that this is probably the most polished game they ever released. It's not polished enough of course, but by Obsidian standards it's a great progress.

maul_inc
06-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I have played all Obsidian's games, even the games from Black isle (former Obsidian developers) so I know about their great games with a lot of bugs, but since my earlier post i have discovered another bug that really messes up everything. It seems that suddenly all my skills have disappeared from that menu where I choose to activate them, so now I can't use any skill, and yes I have tried to restart the game and it won't help since the bug has clearly affected my save games, so I have to start over... :(

surreal
06-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I realize it could be a stupid question, but still.
Have you tried to load "last safe house" instead of autosave?

maul_inc
06-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I realize it could be a stupid question, but still.
Have you tried to load "last safe house" instead of autosave?

It's not a stupid question :) But yes, i have tried to load all my savegames, but this bug continues to plague me :( I'm almost done with Saudi Arabia, and this game has grown on me, but I'm afraid I have to start a new game, because this bug will only ruin the rest of the game.
But, I'm thinking "what if this happens again"??

Here is a screenshot that shows the skill menu bug

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sbso5k

JK_DC
06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I had no enemies when I died the first time and I just reloaded the autosave and all was well. I may be missing a skill also as I just have the first one. I will have to double check.

On a good note I have ZERO stuttering or mouse problems. I changed benablemousesmoothing=true to false in the apinput.cfg There are two of them so change both. The stuttering is gone by changing onlystreamintextures and backgroundfileloading both to false in apengine.cfg. and also oneframethreadlag to false. I think they did that to lower memory requirements as I am over 500mb of vram and 1.3GB of RAM with these settings and everything max in game settings. I can't tell at all that anything is loading, saving etc. It is as smooth as any game after tweaking it.

maul_inc
06-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Ok, I just tried to start a new game, and with the new character, the skills in the selection menu are back, so I think it's safe to say that there is a bug that can ruin your save games, and that is pretty bad since the only solution right now, is to start a new game. :(