PDA

View Full Version : prestige falling 10 points at a time

chinese_star
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
So after several hundred years (around 1660) my prestige which was around 80-90 started dropping at a rate of -10 rapidly and I have no idea why. I look at the prestige where it indicated i have 3 things which gave me +1 each for a total of 3 gain and a base -5 yearly. So for no reason my nation becomes -100 prestige within the year I am at -100. Can anyone tell me why this happens (is it a bug or some hidden mechanic I am missing). Also I was not waging any wars but i did cancel a ally request from being the roman emperor but I don't think that would cause me to fall from nearly +100 to -100 with the year.

Update: So I loaded up the older saves I have on the game and realized once I hit year 1670 that's when my prestige starts dropping rapidly and I still have no clue to why this is and hope someone can shed some light.

Col. Hamilton
06-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Gotta be the stability, some of the reforms make you take a -6 stability hit which is basically civil war.

gumbydust
06-11-2010, 02:48 PM
oops! Wrong thread.

Col. Hamilton
06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
oops! Wrong thread.

I give up, britney spears?

Chrissd21
01-05-2011, 12:38 PM
oops! Wrong thread.

I give up, britney spears?

See, now I want to know what the original post was by gumby. 'sighs'

Damn Steam forums. -.-

KarlMonster
01-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Did you decline (or auto-decline by ignoring) any calls to arms by your 'allies'?

I haven't found any supporting evidence (like mention in the EU3 manual or wiki), but it looks to me like declining a CtA gives you a hit of 10+ prestige.

As Norway, I warned Morrocco and Tunisia before I got out from under my PU with Denmark; because once I could declare war, I wanted somebody easy to steamroller. Morrocco declared war on Tunisia. Tunisia, who was decidedly NOT my ally, sent me a CtA. Apparently the warnings trigger this. I declined because I definitely did not want to be a junior war partner and let Morocco cede all the provinces to Tunisia. After a second declined CtA after this, I realised that my prestige had fallen to -1 from +21. [I had been busy in central Europe!]

Mind that I am still trying to verify this.