PDA

View Full Version : Very Frustrated - No Video

liqiud666
06-01-2010, 09:53 PM
This game is driving me nuts.

I launch it, and get the first two publisher pictures, then I get nothing...I can hear the sound track playing for what I assume is the opening video, but get no picture, and no keys seem to work.

I've tried re-installing all drivers, and the game.

Changed it to windowed mode instead of full screen, and still no dice.

Help, I have a worthless game at the moment, and I'd really like to play it.

Windows 7 64
12 GB RAM
2.8 cpu
GX260 x 2 not in SLI, but they can be, doesn't make a difference to blur working.

liqiud666
06-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I get this when I close the game with ALT - F4.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Blur.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4bfc8ea9
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00038c39
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

ripper^
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
not sure if this'll help, but try right-clicking the game under steam library -> properties -> local files tab -> verify integrity of game cache, this might catch something that wasn't installed properly.

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 02:15 AM
this sounds like a driver/directx issue, so the game never actually worked? Does anything similar happen on any other game?

All I can suggest is reinstalling the Direct X Redist pack, this will replace all your current Direct X files with new ones, there may be some crupt that are causing these problems.

I see that you have tried reinstalling your driver, I'm guessing you have tried professionally removing the old driver etc? Try taking your main GTX 260 out of your machine, leaving the other one in (the one that doesn't connect to your monitor), just to see if there is anything wrong with your video card(s).

The game is showing signs of what happens when you play a game on an unsupported gfx card (of course, your GTX 260's are more than enough), I remember when I used to try a few games (this was 5+ years ago mind you) on my intel extreme gfx card haha.

The only other thing I can suggest is try changing your desktop's resolution down to 800x600 or simular in windows, see if that helps.

Hope this helps, Carson

liqiud666
06-02-2010, 08:30 AM
not sure if this'll help, but try right-clicking the game under steam library -> properties -> local files tab -> verify integrity of game cache, this might catch something that wasn't installed properly.

Tried that right after I posted, and got no dice. After trying Carson's suggestion this morning with no change, I'm going to uninstall/re-install the game, and see if that changes anything.

this sounds like a driver/directx issue, so the game never actually worked? Does anything similar happen on any other game?

All I can suggest is reinstalling the Direct X Redist pack, this will replace all your current Direct X files with new ones, there may be some crupt that are causing these problems.

I see that you have tried reinstalling your driver, I'm guessing you have tried professionally removing the old driver etc? Try taking your main GTX 260 out of your machine, leaving the other one in (the one that doesn't connect to your monitor), just to see if there is anything wrong with your video card(s).

The game is showing signs of what happens when you play a game on an unsupported gfx card (of course, your GTX 260's are more than enough), I remember when I used to try a few games (this was 5+ years ago mind you) on my intel extreme gfx card haha.

The only other thing I can suggest is try changing your desktop's resolution down to 800x600 or simular in windows, see if that helps.

Hope this helps, Carson

Correct the game has never worked. I've re-installed Direct X and that didn't change anything. I've also tried both video cards by themselves, no dice there either.

Also tried changing the resolution in windows to no avail. I also disabled the Steam Overlay just in case that was causing problems.

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Tried that right after I posted, and got no dice. After trying Carson's suggestion this morning with no change, I'm going to uninstall/re-install the game, and see if that changes anything.

Correct the game has never worked. I've re-installed Direct X and that didn't change anything. I've also tried both video cards by themselves, no dice there either.

Also tried changing the resolution in windows to no avail. I also disabled the Steam Overlay just in case that was causing problems.

Right, the only thing I can think of is that there is something in Windows preventing this, rather than reformatting everything to no avail, I would partition off part of your hard drive, say 40 - 50gb, put another copy of windows 7 on it and see if Blur works on that. I'm really out of suggestions otherwise :(.

liqiud666
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
something along the chain fixed it, because after the blur re-install it's working now. :)

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 11:45 AM
something along the chain fixed it, because after the blur re-install it's working now. :)

Ah thats good news! now hopefully you don't get log in/NAT problems :p

Cyas online!