PDA

View Full Version : Help! I hate Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time

Zodler
06-02-2010, 05:35 AM
So I purchased Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands™ Digital Deluxe Edition.

I started Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time which is supposed to be the top of the top of the franchise. I have 11 hours game play and 47% completion. All I have to say is that it's no fun. I am starting to hate it.

I hate the boss fights. It's hard for me and frustrating. It's a waste of time. What the hell is the point of you fighting 20 enemies and pushing buttons like crazy? How come they never added a difficulty level? Is there a way that I can lower the difficulty? I want to skip all the F... boss fights.

I'm thinking of abandoning this. If this is called gaming, I am glad that Ubisoft has gone casual! :mad:

noman_ex
06-02-2010, 11:11 AM
This is what's ruining all of our gaming experience.

At least the Japanese games are still as hard. phew~

There was a time when games actually required continuous practicing in order to complete. Nowadays you can win most games just by pressing the right button. May be in the future games can be played with only a single button.

Zodler
06-02-2010, 01:55 PM
They could at least put a difficulty level. I have a life and cant sit behind it and push buttons for 2 hours to advance just a bit!

eydeeb
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
You guys should just learn the 3 most useful combos and ALL fights can be done without even getting hit. I'm serious.

If you're just using simple attacks, it's really a waste of time as you lose the fun part of the game. What will you do in WW where you have the free form fighting system and (approximately) 65 combos?

And don't worry, The Forgotten Sands will be super easy because of it being a console port running on an engine optimized for consoles. It will be fun though, I guess.

Zodler
06-03-2010, 03:44 AM
So please help me. What should I use in the fights? I am using jumping and attack.

marbatico
06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
have you tried using your sword and right after that using your dagger? if i remeber correctly, you can kill them most enemies that way with just one hit.

Xilmin
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I think there was a trick where if you vault over an enemy and use the dagger at the appropriate time you get an instant kill. Doesn't work on all enemies though (some you can't vault, and some defend against the dagger attack).

For others, you can propel yourself off a wall and knock them down. Just need to be quick with the dagger to kill them.

Correct me, anyone, if I'm wrong. It's been a wee while since I played Sands of Time.

Ubern00b
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
The fighting system in Sands of Time is a lot like Arkham Asylums if it had a 'manual' option...and the camera was sh♥t. Here's my tips and tricks:

- It's all about keeping your self moving. Never concentrate on one guy at a time, keep jumping from one enemy to the next and if they start blocking, find another guy (there's plenty to go around). Make sure they cant keep a good bead on you. Now this drags on the fights that are already way too long sometimes (especially near the end, where I'm assuming the waves of enemies are practically unending so you have an opportunity to refill ALL of your sand), but it's the only real way to keep yourself from the restart window.

- If you down an enemy and can't get the dagger of time in them within the first second: leave them alone! There's a short window of time where you can suck a dude into the dagger and the other guys wont attack, but this is mercilessly short and they'll get up anyway if you get interupted during the procedure from an enemy attack...but now you'll be on the ground with lost health. Just let 'em get up and try again later.

- Do not stick an enemy with the dagger if they're not on the ground. It doesn't kill them, it usually has them floating in the air and in order to kill them, you have to do a special 'spin' attack that leaves you vulnerable like no ones business. It also costs sand, which is vital enough in a fight (or any part of the game really) and you don't get any back. Completely useless.

- There's two 'special attacks' you'll be doing most of the game to get through these fights, the 'jump over' and the 'wall thrust'. Here's how you do them and who they're weak against:

Jump Over
- Walk towards your enemy and jump when you are next to them. You will jump over their heads and get the opportunity to hit them twice, which will knock them down and they can then be dispatched by the dagger.

Effective Against:
Sickle Dudes
Fat Dudes
Dancers
Red Soldiers
Big guys w/ Sledghammers

Will lose health against:
Blue Soldiers
Sword Soldiers

Wall Thrust
- Back up into any flat wall and just as you reach it, press the jump button. If done right, the prince will plant a foot up on the wall and crouch. Hit the attack button at this time and he will shove himself forward sword first and knock down the enemy in front of him, which can then be dagger'd to death.

Effective Against:
Blue Soldiers
Sword Soldiers.

Goro_san
06-05-2010, 03:35 AM
ALL enemys in game are instantly kiled by one of 4:
1) jump onto them sword atack, dagger
2) jump onto them sword atack 2x dagger them when thy down
3) jump onto wal -> sword dagger them when on ground
4) jump onto wall -> go to 2)

only exeptions are 2 boss fights (sandy daddy and last boss) where you have to use extremly complec strategy:
1) counter
2) go to 1)

-_-

Zodler
06-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Yesterday I was at 47% and there was a boss fight and I was able to run away and completely skip the fight! I am now at 50% and no fight! I didn't know you can avoid them sometimes. :D

eydeeb
06-06-2010, 06:25 AM
A little video here that might help and show you a few tricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZBn85DXbtA

MasatoHyuga
06-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I found this game short, and insanely easy without using any special combos?

marbatico
06-07-2010, 08:32 AM
A little video here that might help and show you a few tricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZBn85DXbtA

dont you just love the battle music in this game.

McB1977
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I have just finished it again. 9 hours game.

eydeeb
06-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I have just finished it again. 9 hours game.

My record is 3 hours and 34 minutes. But I played it at least 20 times, so I don't count. :)

Ragnokak
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM

There was a time when games actually required continuous practicing in order to complete. Nowadays you can win most games just by pressing the right button. May be in the future games can be played with only a single button.

Ninja Gaiden....OMG

Seriously, people complain games are too hard and then complain because games are too short...anyone else get the hint?

McB1977
06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
My record is 3 hours and 34 minutes. But I played it at least 20 times, so I don't count. :)

the last time I played was in 2004 :D

Zodler
06-11-2010, 05:47 PM
This game sucks, i am just stuck here:
http://www.gameanyone.com/video/70237

I just want to use a saved game and finish the pain that this game is. Is the rest of the POP series this bad? I heard good things about the new game.

lostsomething
06-12-2010, 06:20 PM
- Do not stick an enemy with the dagger if they're not on the ground. It doesn't kill them, it usually has them floating in the air and in order to kill them, you have to do a special 'spin' attack that leaves you vulnerable like no ones business. It also costs sand, which is vital enough in a fight (or any part of the game really) and you don't get any back. Completely useless.

It's not that bad, they're frozen on the spot or in the air for a pretty decent amount of time so there's no hurry in getting to them and it takes them out of action - plus you can avoid the big long flip by just manually doing the little short hop and swiping at them in the air with your sword to finish them off quickly.

It's decent to throw out against enemies that either block a lot or are just plain being annoying at the moment.

I just want to use a saved game and finish the pain that this game is. Is the rest of the POP series this bad? I heard good things about the new game.

Well, there's a reason this game takes a high spot on so many "Top games of all time" lists but if you don't see it, you don't see it.

Warrior Within is much more focused on the fighting which tends to be a good deal harder. The Two Thrones mostly has the same fighting system as WW but adds in an assassination move you can use to finish off unaware enemies you sneak up on that you can use to avoid most fighting. "Prince of Persia" has its own weird system where you can't really lose but if you lose all of your health the fight gets reset back to the beginning.

Really though Sands of Time's fighting tends to be pretty easy, especially since the prince has a number of moves that approach just being the "I win" type (ex, the off-the-wall lunge thing).

sarrik
06-12-2010, 06:55 PM

Not everyone is a super ninja with lightning reflexes and a buttload of time to practice ;)

But I agree with you in part.
If a game is too easy, you complete it too fast and it's just not so much fun as it could be.

I agree with the OP as well. You can please almost everyone with a good difficulty selection.
It's nice when you can adjust the difficulty to your liking. As long as you understand that easy level is why the game is shorter than it should be.

Raikov
06-13-2010, 05:36 AM
This game sucks, i am just stuck here:
http://www.gameanyone.com/video/70237

So you can't get passed this even with step-by-step video? And you're saying it sucks? I think its time to go back to MW2, dont you think?

Bonq
06-13-2010, 06:06 AM
What others have said... The fights are really easy when you know a couple of combos... Probably the easiest and generally most useful (working for most enemies) is that rebound-from-a-wall-thingie (to knock the enemy down) and then just use the dagger. Instant kill.

Also, when I played this game last time, I didn't collect the sand clouds at all. This has the benefit that you can use that special super power, what was it called..., the-one-that-freezes-all-enemies-for-one-hit-kill more often, since it requires that all the sand tanks and the power slots (or whatever they were called) are full. And it is easier to fill them all if there are only a few of them... Makes the boss fights very short...

Zodler
06-13-2010, 08:42 AM
So I started and have played 5 hours of the new "The Forgotten Sands". This game is perfect, perfect and well balanced. I am finally enjoying.

I finished "The Sands of Time" but it was no fun. I hated the experience, the camera work and the way saved games worked. You had to repeat some sections over and over again to succeed which is a waste of time and I hate it.

"The Forgotten Sands" is perfect and the check point system and the frequency of them are ideal. And the fights are actually fun. I pay to have fun not to be tortured!

eydeeb
06-13-2010, 10:00 AM
"The Forgotten Sands" is perfect and the check point system and the frequency of them are ideal. And the fights are actually fun. I pay to have fun not to be tortured!

I think the checkpoint system is terrible (though the game is not). It was good in AC2, but terrible here. Should I really buy multiple copies of the 50€ game for close family members? One single save slot. Are they seriously that dumb?

russell19831983
09-29-2010, 03:46 AM
I found this game short, and insanely easy without using any special combos?

i used to find some fights hard but now i can fight with no problems at all, 3 hours 18 minutes and the only fight i skipped were right at the beginning and the ones near the end after getting the powerful sword

russell19831983
09-29-2010, 03:47 AM

3 hours 18 minutes without extending my life, the videos will be up on youtube soon