PDA

View Full Version : Odd crash

EnigmaRage
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, it seems that every so often, blur crashes and leaves me wondering what happened. The end result ends up being that the game crashes and my monitor loses connection to my computer. I think it may be my video card. Any ideas?

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, it seems that every so often, blur crashes and leaves me wondering what happened. The end result ends up being that the game crashes and my monitor loses connection to my computer. I think it may be my video card. Any ideas?

We need to know abit about your rig first (including your monitor(s))

EnigmaRage
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
XP system, build 2600. Dell monitor, nvidia geforce gtx 260, sound is realtek hd audio output. I'll type more when it's asked, but maybe this can put some insight into my issue

EnigmaRage
06-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Actually, there was one issue that I find extremely odd, I am actually away from home at the moment, with blazing fast internet at a speed of 10 Mbps. I disabled my blur account log-on (I didn't have this problem at home, at least not nearly as bad as currently). I'll update more, but I may have fixed my problem.

carson_uk
06-02-2010, 11:40 PM
I've played a good 40+ hours since I got the game over 2 machines (including my housemates), I think it has crashed once on me, have you tried reading the sticky about game crashes and what to try first?

The game is crashing when I start it or during play, what should I do?

Firstly, Make sure you have updated your sound card driver, your graphics card driver, your direct x redist, reinstalled C++ redist, verified game cache/reinstalled the game, restarted steam, restarted Blur and restarted your computer… If your problem still occurs, post here - http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1283846

Also what CPU and ram do you have?

EnigmaRage
06-03-2010, 07:02 PM
quad core gigabyte core, 2.67 gigahertz, 3 gigs of ram

Edit: the internet thing wasn't the issue, but I think I may have found something. Somehow I think that watching the intro cinematic caused my game to crash...every time I didn't crash, I didn't look at the cinematic. Hopefully I'll be able to see if I'm right or not. See ya in game.