PDA

View Full Version : Help - need a fix to play this without a page file

channelx99
06-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I get a popup when I try to launch the game telling me I cannot run the game due to memory issues. I have 8gb of ram so I keep my page file disabled and prefer not to use one.

Ive got about 90 games on my computer. All of them run completely fine without a page file. Two games, Titan Quest and DOWII game me an issue and wouldnt launch with the page file disabled but there were command line fixes that let me bypass the memory check allowing me to play.

Does anyone know what the trick is to get the memory check disabled for this game?

seseorang
06-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Set a pagefile of around 16-92MB

Unless this game really wants to page everything to the file in order to "optimise the games full potential"

channelx99
08-14-2010, 12:57 AM
I dont want to set a page file at all- I want my physical memory to handle everything, not my slower hard drives...

I have nearly 100 games. The only one I cant run because of this lame requirement is this one I just need some kind of workaround to disable to check. I emailed the developers and they wont reply. Last time I support them buy purchasing their games. This is the 2nd copy I bought already have it on 360 but wanted better graphics on PC...

The Aughts
08-14-2010, 09:45 AM
You'll have slightly better luck posting in the FUEL area of the Codemasters forum.

However.

I have 9 GB of RAM, and still don't decrease the size of my paging file. You specified hard drives, so you can't be hard up on space. The support for the game throughout it's release history has been absolutely nil, so I assume you know what my recommendation is. :D

Anyways, you can always disable it again after playing. That's not the worst thing in the world.