PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Futuremark

aforumtotalkon1
06-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Been playing the game, (free weekend) it's actually quite fun, hard to get used to the controls but I came out with a 19/9 K/D ratio last round. Having a bit of a problem playing it smoothly with an ATi 5770 but will be getting another one for crossfire soon. But yeah it is quite a fun game so thank you Futuremark for staying with the PC and developing new technology to bring us further into the future rather than moving to a static console platform for some easy $.

ComradeLenin
06-04-2010, 07:40 AM
What FPS are you getting with a 5770 and what settings do you play on? I've been trying to save up for a 5850 but sometimes I just get too pissed off at Nvidia that I want to impulse sell my GTS 250 and pick up a 5770 to hold me off.

B3RS3RK
06-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Iīve got a 5770, too, and Iīm getting good frames(25-50, depending on the Map) even at all Settings set to high but no Ambient occlusion and just 2x AA.So I donīt really get why you have problems with it^^

/edit: Mine is from HIS, but I donīt think thatīs so much of a difference, itīs not even ocīd

Kornstalx
06-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Same here, running an XFX 5770 (stock) with an old Core2Duo and the game runs fine with default settings (2x AA, everything medium, no occlusion, no vsync).

hellob
06-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Been playing the game, (free weekend) it's actually quite fun, hard to get used to the controls but I came out with a 19/9 K/D ratio last round. Having a bit of a problem playing it smoothly with an ATi 5770 but will be getting another one for crossfire soon. But yeah it is quite a fun game so thank you Futuremark for staying with the PC and developing new technology to bring us further into the future rather than moving to a static console platform for some easy $.

If you go crossfire, there is a bug with 10.2 and up drivers where only one GPU will be used. I personally am going to (hopefully) get a gtx 470/480 in August and run it as my rendering card with my GTX 260 running physx/cuda.

Experience is key to this game. The more you play, the better you get. The ranks system is very close to how good you actually are and lets you see who is going to do the best in a game without actually playing most of the time. I was playing with a bunch of new players on flipside on assault and I got 15 kills before being killed and only then because I was ganged by 4 of them.(got two of them in the process) Older players will naturally be better than the newbs, but especially moreso in this game.

mattdamonsblues
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
^
when describing how your game plays, system specs, and graphic settings, the MOST IMPORTANT STAT YOU CAN LIST = RESOLUTION.

REsolution is by far the single most demanding change you can make.
I can run the game at 800 x 600 on all high, etc... but that is nothing compared to running it at 1920 x 1200, my native monitor resolution.

Without resolution listing, you are comparing apples to oranges in your above posts.

Suhov
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Shattered Horizon free weekend at the same time as APB closed beta ended? Nice timing, Futuremark, really! :)

aforumtotalkon1
06-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Actually found disabling ambient occlusion and post proccessing to fast, performance improves.

What FPS are you getting with a 5770 and what settings do you play on? I've been trying to save up for a 5850 but sometimes I just get too jarateed off at Nvidia that I want to impulse sell my GTS 250 and pick up a 5770 to hold me off.

Now, at least 40 I'd say, depending on the map and how much action is going on.