PDA

View Full Version : Can't play online - "Blur servers are unavailable at this time"

picary
06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Past 2 days, I can't seem to play online

It keep saying "Blur servers are unavailable at this time"

I have

Firewall disabled
Antivirus disabled
Port forwarded correctly

Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Aurenn
06-06-2010, 12:04 AM
I have had this same problem. I have been unable to even register my game because the game cannot connect to the servers.
I bought the game on the 2nd of June and i have not been able to do anything but play the single player of this game.
I have done everything suggested on the forums and nothing works.

mentalchaos
06-06-2010, 01:00 AM
They might be working on the severs. We have all made complaints about some issue here, and there. so they might be fixing some of them.

Arkanfel
06-06-2010, 01:14 AM
They might be working on the severs. We have all made complaints about some issue here, and there. so they might be fixing some of them.

We can hope, I guess. I don't know why so many developers sit on their hands for so long after release, (and I hate to say it) but it's not a phenomenon limited to this game or Bizarre. So many basic features (like chat, drafting) are missing I sometimes wonder how this stuff makes it out of QA. I don't say this to hate on the devs, this is something I've wondered about a lot of games. I know it can be difficult to make PC releases work on all and sundry hardware configurations, but you could at least maybe think about making trainers unusable in MP. I just don't understand how you can miss something like that.

carson_uk
06-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Have you tried flushing your DNS, or changing it to a OpenDNS/Google DNS?

Also, rather than port forwarding, try port triggering, only port forward port 80, the rest port trigger them.

Aurenn
06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I have tried just about any combination possible to get this game to work online. I am just sad I cannot return the game and get my money back or get something else of the same value, I feel like this was a waste of money. I bought it for the online part, not to just sit around and do single player all day.

<red22>
06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I have tried just about any combination possible to get this game to work online. I am just sad I cannot return the game and get my money back or get something else of the same value, I feel like this was a waste of money. I bought it for the online part, not to just sit around and do single player all day.

feel the same way mate, no go with mp here at all, tried every combination and still no open nat. can you play private games? or join a lobby? i know i create a lobby and a friend can join me its not a 20 car race but at least its a bit of mp, add me if you don't mind playing 2 car races. game tag is <red-22> hope they release a patch soon!

carson_uk
06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
mine, for some reason has gone to moderate... so I just unpluged my router and connected direct to modem, of course back to open now... have you tried that incase some software on your computer or your ISP is blocking the required ports?

Aurenn
06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
<red22>, I haven't even been able to register my game, i have the cd-key but every time i try to register it i keep getting told its not a valid cd-key, then as i am playing the single play the game tells me it cannot connect to the Blur game servers.

Furl_Hawkens
06-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I bought the game on launch day. I had 2 good days of playing single players, and a few multilayer games. On day 3 when I started the game and tried to connect to the servers I got the same error.

I have been completely unable to connect, even to the main game servers, for more than 7 days straight now. It literally went from "working great" to "not working at all" overnight, and without reason.

This is the only program I have issues with, and I have done all the port forwarding/triggering correctly. I am able to run dedicated servers out of my house (for other games). I don't think the issue is on my side.

I have also tested this on other connections (4 other actually), with a completely different computer (my laptop) and had the same issue on all connections (wireless hot spots). That means that a total of 2 different computers on 5 different connections are experiencing the same error.

This just re-affirms that whatever issues I'm experiencing are the fault of the game (either server or client or both).

I too wish I could get my money back, and if I am still unable to connect in another week I will be filing complaint against the Developers with the better business bureau for false advertising and misrepresentation. As it is, I have a $50 game that I have been unable to play for over 7 days, because of their issues. Thats unacceptable, for any reason. If a server is down for 24hrs thats OK, but not 7 days...

Poseidon88
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Just thought I'd pop in to see if there was any news. I see the same problems are still going around. I bought the game on day 1 and it took 2 days before I could connect to register my account. Since then, I've only been able to connect to the game servers twice to play online. Every other time I've tried, I get the "Servers Unavailable" timeout message.

Aurenn
06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Furl_Hawkens, I would love to support your complaint to the developers, where can i complain at? Anyway i can ask steam for a refund or a trade in? That is one down side of getting games on steam. They should allow us to atleast trade in games if we get a game and dislike it. I paid for the online experience, that they so highly boasted about, and i am stuck with single player game play.

Furl_Hawkens
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Furl_Hawkens, I would love to support your complaint to the developers, where can i complain at? Anyway i can ask steam for a refund or a trade in? That is one down side of getting games on steam. They should allow us to atleast trade in games if we get a game and dislike it. I paid for the online experience, that they so highly boasted about, and i am stuck with single player game play.

I said I would give them one more week, but after that I will be filing the complaint. I'll check with the BBB then and see if there is a way to make a mass complaint, if not I'll post a how-to here.

In the mean time, in case the Devs need to see the EXACT problem, I used Xfire to capture a vid of whats happening to me...

Here's the link:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2d58d2/

Sliph
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Past 2 days, I can't seem to play online

It keep saying "Blur servers are unavailable at this time"

I have

Firewall disabled
Antivirus disabled
Port forwarded correctly

Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

I had this same issue the only way i was able to fix it was simply unplug the power cord from my router and modem wait about 30 seconds and plug them both back in and i was able to connect to blur after that with no problems.

carson_uk
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I had this same issue the only way i was able to fix it was simply unplug the power cord from my router and modem wait about 30 seconds and plug them both back in and i was able to connect to blur after that with no problems.

i'm guessing everyone with this problem did this? its called a hard reset, clears the tmp memory of the router etc. I have found using the reset tool after port forwarding/triggering within the routers browser page did the trick for me.

Purple44
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I said I would give them one more week, but after that I will be filing the complaint. I'll check with the BBB then and see if there is a way to make a mass complaint, if not I'll post a how-to here.

In the mean time, in case the Devs need to see the EXACT problem, I used Xfire to capture a vid of whats happening to me...

Here's the link:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2d58d2/

Should post over at Bizarre's Blur forum to make sure the Devs see your post. Be sure to give details of your computer, router and broadband you use in your area. And what you have tried to fix the problem.

The Devs are reading the Blur forum and they just release a patch for the PS3 to fix some their major problems. Hopefully Bizarre working on a PC patch for the guys that are having troubles. But no word on a PC patch yet.

http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Sliph
06-10-2010, 08:19 PM
i'm guessing everyone with this problem did this? its called a hard reset, clears the tmp memory of the router etc. I have found using the reset tool after port forwarding/triggering within the routers browser page did the trick for me.

I apologize for trying to be helpful, believe me it won't happen again smart guy.

D4rksh0gun
06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm having the same problem. Trying to fix the ports as much as i can, but still. Should have checked the forums and seen that everyone else was having this much difficulty. This is ridiculous. :mad:

Furl_Hawkens
06-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Still having the same issues...

Sturmeh
12-25-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm getting it here, and apparently it's been happening to people since May if you give the issue a Google.

Is there a known fix or don't they care?