PDA

View Full Version : menus are cut off

bogaty
06-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I can't even start this pile of garbage because it seems to be designed for widescreen monitors only. When I bring up the various config menus to try and change the control scheme or the graphics settings, I can't access the bottom bar to input "Accept changes" as it's cut off from my screen. It doesn't matter what resolution I change to, I cannot see the bar with any of the possible resolution settings.

How can I access the settings menus short of buying a new monitor?

Bren
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I had the same problem, bogaty.. and I even have a widescreen monitor! There were just big black bars on the edges of the screen blocking everything.

Anyway.. I just changed what settings I could and hit [Enter], this key usually being tied to accept/next/ok in most programs/applications.

I forget which setting did the trick, pretty sure it was just the resolution.

bogaty
06-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks.

I am able to to change the resolution already, but regardless of what I set the resolution to, I cannot access other menus in order to change the key bindings which is my ultimate goal. The default keys are definitely not lefty-friendly. I hate the fact that I can't remap movement keys to the numpad as well. Not that any of this really matters as I can't get the game to accept any changes I make anyway.

I try to play the game, but the game camera just keeps pointing up at the ceiling and spinning around. I assume this is due to a conflict with my joystick and throttle setup. I am hoping there's an in-game option to disable controllers that I just cannot see at present due to the stupid menu obscurement. I'd rather not crawl around under my desk and risk disturbing my award winning collection of dust bunnies and mummified cheetos to unplug the controller cables.

This is a terrible port.

dukmiester2
06-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Try looking here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15529173&postcount=10

It fixes BOTH the cut off menus AND the "spinning"

And, if you want NO controller inputs to "Bug" the game:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15534004&postcount=11

bogaty
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks. It fixes the spinning issue but I still can't see the bottom or right hand side of the menus.