PDA

View Full Version : Goner campaign - unable to claim the Truelight seeker

Random person
06-06-2010, 11:57 AM
After you defend the Truelight Seeker, you're given an assignment to protect some stations in other sectors, after which you must go back and regain control of the stolen Truelight S..

It should be defended by some pirate ships. In my game, it isn't. Also, I can't claim it.
Tried boarding, but because it's a rushy-mission I can't train my mercenaries and after 4 tries (all failed), I given up on boarding and came here for help.

Anything? thanks

Xenon_Slayer
06-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I played that a few months ago but it was pretty easy for me. I have a feeling I had to claim it by ejecting and flying close. Not 100% on that.

Random person
06-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Tried it. At any distance it doesn't have a "claim" option, only "info" and 2 types "attack".

Close? dose bumping into it achieve that? :(

Xenon_Slayer
06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Do you mean the 'claim' option is greyed out or is it not there at all. If it's greyed out, then it should be possible if you're close enough.

Random person
06-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Unexistant.

Zloth
06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Wait a second, back up here... you said you tried to board the ship but failed. If it let you try to board the ship then it must be an enemy ship so you can't just go claim it. What happened when you tried to board the ship?

Also, what do you mean the mission is 'rusty' so you can't train mercs?

Also also, how far have you gotten in the Terran Conflict story arc? If I remember right, that gives you another TP with more marines on it.

Random person
06-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Wait a second, back up here... you said you tried to board the ship but failed. If it let you try to board the ship then it must be an enemy ship so you can't just go claim it. What happened when you tried to board the ship?

Also, what do you mean the mission is 'rusty' so you can't train mercs?

Also also, how far have you gotten in the Terran Conflict story arc? If I remember right, that gives you another TP with more marines on it.

Not an enemy, t'was just a lonely T.S. on the move.

Rushy, not rusty, as in it can't wait for you to count credits one by one.

And that's the terran campaign.

PS> managed to claim it when it stopped in the next sector; thanks <person here from egosoft forums>.