PDA

View Full Version : Game Difficulty

aliriza
06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
What is different?
You know, rookie, veteran, elite.

More enemies? Higher hp for enemies? Less damages from weapons?
Less loot?

Anyone know exactly, what is different?

gonzolo
06-06-2010, 06:28 PM
One of the basic things is that on Rookie difficulty all damage you take is multiplied by 0.5, and on veteran it's multiplied by 1.0 and on elite it's multiplied by 1.5, but i have to admit i don't know if there's any other changes.

padgey2010
06-06-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah to be honest ive completed it on veteran and elite and i didnt see an increase in monsters or anything it did seem to take a few more shots to kill and yeah you take more damage if you get hit... also completing elite mode gets you an achievement :)

DarkFenix
06-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Enemies inflict and withstand more damage. That's about it, the loot is the same on any difficulty. There might be more enemies, I doubt it though, I'm not noticing a larger number.

I played through first time on Veteran and it was really too easy to be honest. I kept having to use each weapon in turn because my ammo count kept maxing out (and I'm anal about not wasting loot) and I had a stupidly large number of medkits.

Playing on Elite is far more fun. Large hordes of enemies are actually a threat and ammo consumption is actually an issue sometimes. Team 17 have stated that Elite was actually the difficulty they intended the game to be played on.

Still, even Elite is too easy. I want a harder setting, since with a little smart play I don't get ammo worries anyway and I still have a fair few medkits hanging around all the time.

padgey2010
06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
well by level 5 on elite i had about 5 small health packs 20 large.. 3 hardened armours and nearly all my weapons at full ammo.. it is a bit to easy to be honest but alot of fun still