PDA

View Full Version : I'm being stalked

.smith
06-07-2010, 04:23 PM
So I was playing and I ran into a hacker. Basically my whole team and I were accusing him (I accused him first). I leave the server and said will never go back again. For some reason when I joined a different server I ran into he same guy again. This happened for 2 weeks. I certainly know Steam doesn't have a recently played with players list for BC2 and he is not on my friend list for sure anybody know how he does it?

I will not mention my gamer name and the stalker name.

irytnt
06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe he's in the same region as you and uses the same criteria as you (low pinging, populated servers) to find a server to play on?

Irrational people are hilarious.

Beezy
06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Maybe he's in the same region as you and uses the same criteria as you (low pinging, populated servers) to find a server to play on?

Irrational people are hilarious.

For 2 weeks? Maybe you're irrational.

irytnt
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
For 2 weeks? Maybe you're irrational.

I've run into the same players all the time on several different servers over the entire course of the time I've been playing the game.

Perhaps you're just very unobservant.

BagNasty
06-07-2010, 04:48 PM
So I was playing and I ran into a hacker. Basically my whole team and I were accusing him (I accused him first). I leave the server and said will never go back again. For some reason when I joined a different server I ran into he same guy again. This happened for 2 weeks. I certainly know Steam doesn't have a recently played with players list for BC2 and he is not on my friend list for sure anybody know how he does it?

I will not mention my gamer name and the stalker name.

You sound exactly like another gamer I've frequently played with on different servers who is always touting that I'm hacking.

If you're that guy then thanks for the lulz.

.smith
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
You sound exactly like another gamer I've frequently played with on different servers who is always touting that I'm hacking.

If you're that guy then thanks for the lulz.

Actually he taunts me more than I taunt him. "HAHA I WILL FOLLOW YOU INTO EVERY SERVER YOU JOIN"

I think it maybe in fact the BFBC2 EU stats page is his way to getting to me. BFBC2 EU stats page has YOUR own server history. I checked it out and I think that maybe the problem.

MaDeuce
06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Perhaps you shouldn't have been rude and accused him of hacking.

.smith
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Perhaps you shouldn't have been rude and accused him of hacking.

No, he was hacking. It was all obvious to me and my team. 61-11 I believe he got. Basically killed our entire team by shooting though the wooden houses, under the floor boards and behind 3 metal boards.

MaDeuce
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
No, he was hacking. It was all obvious to me and my team. 61-11 I believe he got. Basically killed our entire team by shooting though the wooden houses, under the floor boards and behind 3 metal boards.

I've had several rounds with stats like that and I don't hack. Until Punkbuster bans him or DICE adds the ability for admins to spectate players he isn't hacking.

You shouldn't accuse people like that in servers... you cheapen yourself.

Besaids
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Lol, sounds like you're in for a treat.

skullman86
06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Stop playing for a week and he'll find someone else to stalk

.smith
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
I've had several rounds with stats like that and I don't hack. Until Punkbuster bans him or DICE adds the ability for admins to spectate players he isn't hacking.

You actually shoot under floor boards!?

MaDeuce
06-07-2010, 05:43 PM

I shoot wherever my G35 headphones and my allies point me.

|*3|\|6|_|!|\|
06-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Some hacks are extremely easy to spot even without spectator. I have seen multiple hackers in game (including good old paglio snarf)they tend to simply sit on a vantage point spraying mg getting nothing but headshots. That said i do agree that most are false calls on legit players.

ttommy
06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't know if other stats pages have that too, but on bfbcs.com you can see where someone is playing.

watchmedie
06-07-2010, 06:17 PM

Man I've gotten scores like that plenty of times.

Steeljubei
06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
What is the "hackers" handle?

MaDeuce
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Some hacks are extremely easy to spot even without spectator. I have seen multiple hackers in game (including good old paglio snarf)they tend to simply sit on a vantage point spraying mg getting nothing but headshots. That said i do agree that most are false calls on legit players.

I don't know... I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen any obvious hacks since they mandated PB on ranked servers.

_Sir_
06-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't know... I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen any obvious hacks since they mandated PB on ranked servers.

I've seen people stand at the top of various hills and start popping headshots off on everyone in the server.... It's entertaining.

cheeriokilla
06-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I shoot wherever my G35 headphones and my allies point me.

LOL what a waste of money, G35 = suck

HD555 or AD700 FTW with a Asus Essence ST...mmmmmmm

Senate
06-08-2010, 12:28 AM
i do pretty good for public servers, and when i'm in the zone with scores like 49-9, 20% of the time i'll be accused of hacking by someone on either my team or opposing team, that's right just tonight 3 clan guys on my own team said they were leaving cause they don't like playing with cheaters. I was only 24-3 on a mostly 20-40 rank server, the player below me was 13-8. As for sheds and floorboards they have little crevices where you can spot the enemy moving, especially sheds with their open gap at the bottom. I always find some noob sitting there with his feet clearly visible thinking he's a ninja.

G35 is awesome ! the dolby surround works for my ears.

irytnt
06-08-2010, 12:53 AM

I use AD700 with an essence STX, I must say it is an amazing combo both for gaming and listening to music.

rammetal7
06-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Record a game where you play with the guy you are accusing of cheating so we have some evidence.

h0us3cat
06-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Have fun!
http://www.gametracker.com/search/?search_by=online_player&query=%7Binput%20name%20here%7D
I do it all the time with trolls/teamkillers ect

hachach
06-08-2010, 03:29 AM

LOL what a waste of money, HD555 or AD700 with a Asus Essence ST = suck

Yea that's right. I don't even know what this is but it still sucks, hurr durr.

/troll.

Now, for the "hacker" part. Just stop playing for some days as someone else mentioned

majorpayne
06-08-2010, 03:58 AM
I've come accross this guy 3 times, always a sick score 20/1 kdr with things like smg's at long range. Heres a vid of him and his aimbot.

Funniest bit is at 1:15 with a rocket launcher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgc9nDfEwwY

Makes me laugh coz when you call him an aimbotter he keeps replying "NO I'M JUST GOOD"

thing is he's rank 48 in game and it was only 40 3 days or so ago?

When i try to find his stats page everything is at 0 which is odd?

MaDeuce
06-08-2010, 08:22 AM

I love them and I have money to waste.

BoldyBald
06-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't get that video Majorpayne. Where is that guy cheating? In the video i don't see him making that many kills. He has a nice score.. that's it.

Furthermore he's not in a lot of cover most of the time. It says a lot more how bad the opposing team was. You can turn around 180 and shoot somebody in the face if you configure your mouse correctly. I don't spot any cheater in that video, just a guy with a lucky score (well, actually, he's a n00btuber)

<IcE>Manbeast
06-08-2010, 09:09 AM
The guy in the vid, was an obvious botter. I personally liked how he was shooting at someone on the ground then whipped up to shoot at people parachuting in. Didn't get any of them because his aimer got confused. He was also a terrible cheater. Didn't even try to make it less obvious. Just some noob that paid for his skill.

Alex1981
06-08-2010, 09:28 AM
http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/contrib/unskilled.html

Read that.

Chances are, you really aren't qualified to determine if someone else is cheating or just better than you.

These guys thought I was cheating:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2596/bfbc2game20100601231847.jpg
So did this guy:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4537/bfbc2game20100607231251.jpg
HAX!!!:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9394/bfbc2game20100528020948.jpg

To a poor player, a decent-to-good player looks like a cheater. Someone who uses sound and anticipates likely avenues of approach, who learns the mechanics of the game and how all of the weapons work, someone who learns to use aim and tactics to win, instead of relying on FOTM weapons that do the work for him, he's going to be accused of cheating.

This is why "name and shame" isn't allowed on this, or any, forum.

Gazpacho
06-08-2010, 10:07 AM

Read that.

Chances are, you really aren't qualified to determine if someone else is cheating or just better than you.

So did this guy:
HAX!!!:

To a poor player, a decent-to-good player looks like a cheater. Someone who uses sound and anticipates likely avenues of approach, who learns the mechanics of the game and how all of the weapons work, someone who learns to use aim and tactics to win, instead of relying on FOTM weapons that do the work for him, he's going to be accused of cheating.

True in most cases.

But with regards to the youtube footage, its safe to say that guy was using a bot.

A rather poorly calibrated one at that.

BoldyBald
06-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I can't concur with that. That guy on the footage was a lucky n00b and that's it. I've been in ED leagues and saw legit players do real special stuff. Xbox people and WoW players just don't know what real skill is. That's the real problem.

Gazpacho
06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I can't concur with that. That guy on the footage was a lucky n00b and that's it. I've been in ED leagues and saw legit players do real special stuff. Xbox people and WoW players just don't know what real skill is. That's the real problem.

Then you didn't watch the video. His aimbot was set up incorrectly inhibiting its performance and marking him as an obvious cheater, it wasn't a highlight of his kills, rather then the eratic, homing knee-jerk insta toggle aiming. The chap forgot to restrict auto target acquisition and it shows.

DrunkPunk
06-08-2010, 03:00 PM

yeah dude, clear aimbotting. his aim would jerk to him shooting up in the air, clearly aiming for people with parachutes open. that unnatural movement is definitely aimbotting, seen it a million times.

The Comfy Chair
06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I take someone shouting 'hacker' as a compliment, and i usually thank them for their admiration of my shot :)

MrChris
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM

depends, a lot of floors, walls etc are penetrated by bullets, you ever just shot at a spotted enemy even without direct line of sight? Works wonders

not to mention 60-11 isn't that hard of a score to reach

hacking accusations get annoying after a while though, nowadays I just sort of respond with a nice joking remark with a hint of sarcasm

earlier I was on a server and a nice chap who kept saying I hacked said that the tank was my only friend (I'm rank 50 and told him how long I had been playing BC2) so I simply replied "But the tank is so polite!" alas the guy kept raging, running around and 40mm shotgunning / AUGing him and his medictard friends tends to do that to a lot of people

as for sound, all you need is a good surround setup, I use headphones, Medusa 5.1s, without good sound or any sound you are pretty much screwed, there are so many audio clues and sound effects that help you out that most players just don't realise

FocusPocus
06-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Read that.

So did this guy:
HAX!!!:

good points but there is also a bias to taking the accused's side thanks to the overwhelming noobs crying hacker everytime they get owned.

I say a good score is just one of the factors you need to look at when determining if someone hacks, most just look at this and start crying in chat.

If what the Op says is true like shooting through walls consistently etc or making really fast jerky movements and getting lots of fast kills then yea it's prob a hacker.

Anyways who cares either PB will or wont sort it out it's pointless debating based on no evidence presented here.