PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the classes..

MaacK
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Why do snipers get shot guns? Automatic rifles? I mean you pretty much get every weapon in the game for EVERY class. Does this annoy anyone else? I love when a sniper rushes me with a shot gun. That's AWESOME.

It would be nice if the grenade launcher didn't blow up until about 400 feet away.. In real life, I think it's like 250 feet before it goes off. Medics, assault, etc should only get limited amount of ammo packs, med packs, revives.. etc

Or maybe assault can't give themselves ammo?? That would fix the grenade launcher spam =\

andyman614
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
1. What's the difference between a sniper rushing you with a shotgun as opposed to assault? The all-kit weapons are exactly that. All-kit. Meaning that while they don't have the specific weaknesses of the class weapons, they don't have the strengths either.

2. Standard minimum safe distance for the M203 is about two hundred feet.

3. Engineers can't give themselves ammo.

Mis-Teeq
06-07-2010, 11:34 PM
First of all, there is no sniper class.

It's RECON.
No where does it state this class MUST use a sniper rifle, and a sniper rifle only.
A sniper rifle is best suited for some jobs, but not all.
Limited amount of ammo packs? They do. Assaults refill em.
You want limited med packs? "Sorry bud, fresh out of bandaids! Good luck trooper!"

With engineers giving themselves ammo, we just have unlimited cg, and rpgs.

cheeriokilla
06-07-2010, 11:44 PM
No where does it state this class MUST use a sniper rifle, and a sniper rifle only.

What job is it not suited for exactly? I've used the SV98 with red dot and have sticked with close quarter combat with that kit and motion sensors... 8 gold stars already and have increased my recon k/d ratio to 2.0+

STEVENXO
06-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Don't know about you guys, but I prefered 2142's class system. The assault guy also doubled as the medic, and instead of a medic we had a support guy that carried the LMG's and he's the one that dropped ammo packs. So assault guys could heal, but could only revive if they selected the defib, and they had to rely on support guys for more ammo. I think it worked very well. Also, healing via medpacks was relatively slow in 2142. In order to heal fast the assault guy had to hold the medic pack in his hands without dropping, hence he could not fire a weapon while doing so.

Phil_Ayceao
06-08-2010, 06:48 AM
What job is it not suited for exactly? I've used the SV98 with red dot and have sticked with close quarter combat with that kit and motion sensors... 8 gold stars already and have increased my recon k/d ratio to 2.0+

SV98 is a CQB god no red dot necessary go light weight and start quick scoping, it's beast.

pstafallen
06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Why do snipers get shot guns? Automatic rifles? I mean you pretty much get every weapon in the game for EVERY class. Does this annoy anyone else? I love when a sniper rushes me with a shot gun. That's AWESOME.

It would be nice if the grenade launcher didn't blow up until about 400 feet away.. In real life, I think it's like 600 feet (not sure someone correct me) before it goes off. Medics, engineers, etc should only get limited amount of ammo packs, med packs, revives.. etc

Or maybe engineers can't give themselves ammo?? That would fix the grenade launcher spam =\

I call deliberate troll. Too many factual errors and obvious transpositions.

cheeriokilla
06-08-2010, 08:16 AM
SV98 is a CQB god no red dot necessary go light weight and start quick scoping, it's beast.

problem is I don't like sniper scopes, I would love to use an iron sight ala K98 or No4 but they don't have irons, so I go for the red dot

Peelz
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM

Yeah me too, i love the bolt actions with red dot, find them way more effective than semi auto snipers with red dot.

MaacK
06-08-2010, 08:47 AM
1. What's the difference between a sniper rushing you with a shotgun as opposed to assault? The all-kit weapons are exactly that. All-kit. Meaning that while they don't have the specific weaknesses of the class weapons, they don't have the strengths either.

Point whoring a class. It's not hard to get your RECON class maxed out when you can use shotguns or other rifles..

2. Standard minimum safe distance for the M203 is about two hundred feet.

Yea that's it, and it blows up at your feet in BC2.

3. Engineers can't give themselves ammo.
I meant assault class, my fault.

First of all, there is no sniper class.

It's RECON.
A sniper rifle is best suited for some jobs, but not all.
Limited amount of ammo packs? They do. Assaults refill em.
You want limited med packs? "Sorry bud, fresh out of bandaids! Good luck trooper!"

With engineers giving themselves ammo, we just have unlimited cg, and rpgs.

Yes, I know it's RECON. Same thing - you get the point. I also meant Assault not engineer.

If a sniper rifle isn't suited for the job, then use the assault class, or engineer class, or medic class! EVERY FREAKIN CLASS HAS THE SAME GUN ALMOST!

I call deliberate troll. Too many factual errors and obvious transpositions.

No sir, I was in middle of a few things when writing it. I haven't play BC2 in over 2 weeks as well.

Reread: Or maybe engineer can't give themselves ammo?? That would fix the grenade launcher spam =\

How the ♥♥♥♥ can you say I deliberately made those errors? Do you live inside my brain or something?

My point is a few small changes to the game could end the in-game spamming of grenade launcher, gustav's, while also making the game more balanced.

Peelz
06-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Point whoring a class. It's not hard to get your RECON class maxed out when you can use shotguns or other rifles..

It takes like a couple of days to unlock everything for every class anyway, so like that matters.

And if you want point whoring for the rank... pick medic.

Ader
06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
It takes like a couple of days to unlock everything for every class anyway, so like that matters.

And if you want point whoring for the rank... pick medic.

or engineer.
cg spam seems to be a nice way to get easy chunks of points.

shotbirds
06-08-2010, 10:15 AM
if you know how to use motion sensors you get A LOT of points

MaacK
06-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Like I said, if they put a limit on the amount of ammo refills you could get it would solve spamming. +1 on the motion sensors too :o

pstafallen
06-09-2010, 03:23 AM
If a sniper rifle isn't suited for the job, then use the assault class, or engineer class, or medic class! EVERY FREAKIN CLASS HAS THE SAME GUN ALMOST!
Except there is no sniper class, just recon, which has the option of sniper but can also perform other roles using their class-specific abilites (Mortar strike, sensor mines, being made of kelp).

How the ♥♥♥♥ can you say I deliberately made those errors? Do you live inside my brain or something?
Yep. Sorry to break it to you so publicly, but I am you when you sleep. We share a single body, but are two minds. I've known about you for years. I wake up in your room and all those photos of you and your family are there, but it's my face. It's a living hell, so I come on internet forums and talk about games to escape the terror.

BagNasty
06-09-2010, 04:55 AM
DICE was lazy in creating only 4 classes instead of 5. The all class weapons negate the disadvantages that are supposedly there to curb the killing effectiveness of certain classes which only exemplify how unbalanced the game really is.

The Comfy Chair
06-09-2010, 07:27 AM
DICE was lazy in creating only 4 classes instead of 5. The all class weapons negate the disadvantages that are supposedly there to curb the killing effectiveness of certain classes which only exemplify how unbalanced the game really is.

Or it allows for classes to operate outside of their standard boundaries. Well, one class anyway. The recon benefits by far the most by being able to bring a g3 (pre patch) or a shotgun and be effective at closer ranges without mastering quick scoping or the VSS. That allows them to utilize motion balls and mortar strikes/c4 more effectively.

All of the all class weapons are generally weak compared to class weapons anyway, as is intended, so that the all class weapons are used in particular instances.