PDA

View Full Version : Having A Hard Time With This Game

Hoobla.Dan
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm running Frans, Less Annoying Magic, and a few quest mods, other than those nothing should be influencing combat to my knowledge. All the rest are aesthetic.

So far the game is being ridiculously difficult. My first character, a mage, got butchered by anything that lived long enough to hit him... which was most things, considering that his magic pool was crap. About 4 Shocks ran me completely dry, and it took 2 shocks to kill most things.

Then there's the character I made yesterday, a custom with Str/Will that is basically a crusader with block skill instead of destruction magic. I run into a quest at an inn along the road near where you come out of the sewers, where the innkeeper asks you to kill a nearby necromancer.

These guys just butchered me. If they ever got low on health, they'd just heal up much faster than I could take them down, and they had a constant stream of minions that also beat me down handily. I just could not take them out.

Now, to my understanding, the game is supposed to scale with you, but Frans changes that a bit, so I'm not sure if these guys are just way too difficult on some level scale or if I suck or if there's something about the game that I'm not understanding.

Is it just that maybe I need to leave difficult fights for later, or is it likely that I'm missing some sort of major esoteric combat mechanic. I know there's a difficulty slider, but I'd rather learn than just make the game easier if there's anything to learn.

Any tips/advice are greatly appreciated, thanks =D.

maturin
06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
If Frans is anything like OOO, then there will simply be certain enemies that will slaughter you until you are higher level.

Joemanf
06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
If you don't want to lower the difficulty settings, then I suggest sticking with the main quest until you're past Kavatch. Then try doing a couple of side quests.
But yeah, if you're still having trouble after that, then I suggest lowering the difficulty just a tad :)