PDA

View Full Version : How to Fix RtCW not Launching ATI (With Latest Drivers)

Stilkdog
06-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Also Reports that this works on KotoR and the Jedi Knight Series games too.

SEEMS AMD HAS LISTENED Latest Beta drivers have fixed these issues
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=337014

These drivers will be newer then next weeks 11.1 WHQL drivers as they are about a month old. AMD said they will release a new 11.1a drivers to fix up some issues with 6xxx series cards.

New Updated File

http://www.filefront.com/17248996/atioglxx10_4.rar (ATI 10.4 Drivers File)

http://www.filefront.com/17248859/atioglxx10_1.rar (ATI 10.1 Drivers File)

[Updates]
* Should play past Level 3 now
* Should allow V-Sync to work if you were having issues before

Old one in case the new one causes you issues

http://www.filefront.com/16696483/atioglxx.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/403424557/atioglxx.rar.html (ATI 9.11 Drivers File)

All you have to do is place that .dll file in the install directory with the .exe files.

THIS WAS TESTED ON WINDOWS 7 64BIT, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY ISSUES PLEASE REPORT HERE WITH YOUR OPERATING INFORMATION SO I MAY HELP YOU FIND A SOLUTION

NEW SOLUTION!

Try this after you have tried my fix, if no luck then give these a try (also make sure to delete the .dll files from the other fixes or it may cause an issue.)

https://github.com/downloads/mfn/rtcw-rebirth/rtcw_a6fc687a901e0558ae9c.zip

Thanks to rfc (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18663978&postcount=28) and darkpuppy (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18977184&postcount=52) for posting these links.

(Also give them a REP if their posted link fix works for you. Linked their post to their names.)

wingers17
06-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks that worked great.:D

FulValBot (ITA)
06-25-2010, 04:34 AM
ehm... is also for windows 7 64 bit?...

edit: yes! works fine!!! thx very much!!! :D and not only with rtcw!!

i suggest also to stick this discussion!!!

edit2: i need help for quake live! :(

Physicalos
06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Where is the install directory?

BasketCaseOIC
06-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Where is the install directory?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\return to castle wolfenstein

-the same folder as the exe. file

Kyuubipl
07-05-2010, 03:36 AM
after instaling the fix it went past the windows error but now it get "Glw StartOpenGL () - could not load openGL subsytem"
i get same error on both SP and MP modes. previosly MP mode worked.
Any sugestions?
Pentium Core2 duo 2.66
2 GB ram
Windows XP
Ati 3850

fitzroy_doll
08-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Thank you so much for this!

darkpuppy
08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm afraid that doesn't work for me. Looking around, I haven't seen a single fix that *reliably* works, sadly.

Lum
08-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Worked for the first 3 levels but the game now hangs at the start of the map village1, needing ctrl+alt+del task manager just to display the "WolfSP.exe stopped responding" dialogue box.

Any ideas?

Win7 x64, ATI catalyst 10.3 drivers and the DLL fix from the start of this thread applied.

Ziptie
08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
First download the .dll, then put the game executable into XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.

Works great for me like that.

FulValBot (ITA)
08-22-2010, 09:26 AM
uhm i can't use v-sync with this game and also with quake 3...

i get a crash...

maatn
08-29-2010, 05:59 AM
@Stilkdog: this works! Finally, after almost one and a half years, RtCW is playable again!!

Stilkdog
08-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Let me take a look guys, I could try getting a new .dll for yeah.

Stilkdog
08-30-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm afraid that doesn't work for me. Looking around, I haven't seen a single fix that *reliably* works, sadly.

What's your OS? System Specs? Please place them here.

Lum
08-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Fixed mine by deleting wolfconfig.cfg. Not sure which setting it was that broke things on village1 though.

Thanks again for the DLL

Stilkdog
08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
uhm i can't use v-sync with this game and also with quake 3...

i get a crash...

System Info please and what Drivers are you running?

darkpuppy
08-30-2010, 03:38 PM
What's your OS? System Specs? Please place them here.

Win XP SP3
ATI Radeon HD 4770 (Catalyst 10.7)
Realtek HD Audio sound card
2Gb RAM
AMD Athlon X2 2.6GHz+ Dual Core.

Trying the 10.1/10.4 drivers, seeing if they work, shall edit in 10 minutes to say "yea" or "nay"

EDIT: 10.1's had a lot more video switching, but eventually gave up, 10.4's were no more effective than the original 9.1's. So I'm afraid it looks like a "nay" for now.

EDIT 2: I'm still curious as to why it looks at "3dfxvgl.dll", when no such file exists, and I've set it to ignore Wicked3d.

EDIT 3: Interesting side-note - this has actually been a problem for RTCW since release, the game was, even when I first bought it (a week after release... lost that copy, sadly), it was notoriously picky.

Stilkdog
08-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Win XP SP3
2Gb RAM

Trying the 10.1/10.4 drivers, seeing if they work, shall edit in 10 minutes to say "yea" or "nay"

EDIT: 10.1's had a lot more video switching, but eventually gave up, 10.4's were no more effective than the original 9.1's. So I'm afraid it looks like a "nay" for now.

EDIT 2: I'm still curious as to why it looks at "3dfxvgl.dll", when no such file exists, and I've set it to ignore Wicked3d.

EDIT 3: Interesting side-note - this has actually been a problem for RTCW since release, the game was, even when I first bought it (a week after release... lost that copy, sadly), it was notoriously picky.

I've never had any problems with RtCW but I may try something out when I get out from work tonight and I would like to ask if you could test it for me.

Stilkdog
08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Win XP SP3
2Gb RAM

I've never had any problems with RtCW but I may try something out when I get out from work tonight and I would like to ask if you could test it for me.

Also what is the problem you are experiencing? And if you could message me with your Wolfconfig.cfg file, I will take a look at it.

darkpuppy
08-31-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm experiencing the standard OpenGL subsystem error, and I'm afraid there's only an autoexec.cfg, as, since it has not successfully run since purchase (except when I allowed software mode, and, suffice to say, that was skippy and slow as heck), it hasn't created one.

autoexec.cfg is as follows:

set devdll 1
set r_glIgnoreWicked3D "1"
set r_mode "-1"
set r_customheight "768"
set r_customwidth "1024"

now, if I were to add:

set r_allowsoftwaregl "1"

it would technically run, but, as noted before, be extremely laggy and choppy.

EDIT: In case you're wondering what happened to the wolfconfig.cfg from the softwaregl runs, I deleted those to ensure that my fiddling would not affect future attempts to fix the problem.

NB - One can change the OpenGL driver setting to "DirectX", which runs it very oddly, and with the same problems as softwaregl. Thought that might be of interest, and I'm still not entirely sure why this is. Especially since DirectX is explicitly not an option.

Stilkdog
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm experiencing the standard OpenGL subsystem error, and I'm afraid there's only an autoexec.cfg, as, since it has not successfully run since purchase (except when I allowed software mode, and, suffice to say, that was skippy and slow as heck), it hasn't created one.

autoexec.cfg is as follows:

set devdll 1
set r_glIgnoreWicked3D "1"
set r_mode "-1"
set r_customheight "768"
set r_customwidth "1024"

now, if I were to add:

set r_allowsoftwaregl "1"

it would technically run, but, as noted before, be extremely laggy and choppy.

EDIT: In case you're wondering what happened to the wolfconfig.cfg from the softwaregl runs, I deleted those to ensure that my fiddling would not affect future attempts to fix the problem.

NB - One can change the OpenGL driver setting to "DirectX", which runs it very oddly, and with the same problems as softwaregl. Thought that might be of interest, and I'm still not entirely sure why this is. Especially since DirectX is explicitly not an option.

The engine is built off from OpenGL so a Mac version can be easily made since that's what both Mac and Windows both have in common. Also what you are using and deleting your .cfg is the reason for the crash.

I would suggest to completely uninstall it and reinstall it (save you saved game data) then retry my fix.

darkpuppy
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
So, to clarify, my ignoring Wicked3d (a recommended step), setting custom width and height to my current screen-size, and not having a wolfconfig.cfg file are to blame? Because Steam install doesn't come with a wolfconfig.cfg. Or indeed any config except the autoexec.cfg. Retrying in any case.

EDIT: Reinstalled, no config edits, atioglxx (10.1 catalyst driver) in main directory, as noted before, no wolfconfig.cfg as default, and... the crash to desktop that people have before they get the OpenGL error, which I'd originally solved by fiddling with the settings (EDIT 2: And renaming the atioglxx.dll to opengl32.dll)... which led to the OpenGL error. No wolfconfig.cfg or wolfconfigmp.cfg was created, as, since reinstall, the game has not run successfully.

Stilkdog
09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
So, to clarify, my ignoring Wicked3d (a recommended step), setting custom width and height to my current screen-size, and not having a wolfconfig.cfg file are to blame? Because Steam install doesn't come with a wolfconfig.cfg. Or indeed any config except the autoexec.cfg. Retrying in any case.

EDIT: Reinstalled, no config edits, atioglxx (10.1 catalyst driver) in main directory, as noted before, no wolfconfig.cfg as default, and... the crash to desktop that people have before they get the OpenGL error, which I'd originally solved by fiddling with the settings (EDIT 2: And renaming the atioglxx.dll to opengl32.dll)... which led to the OpenGL error. No wolfconfig.cfg or wolfconfigmp.cfg was created, as, since reinstall, the game has not run successfully.

Either you have a stolen copy or your lying, because the Wolfconfig.cfg is created on first launch.

darkpuppy
09-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Steam Profile JamieTheD, check for yourself. And the whole point is that, from post-install conditions, there was no successful launch. Running it in softwaregl mode is not a successful launch, although it does create a wolfconfig. Every time a "solution" is posted to the OpenGL problem, I try it from virgin install, because that is the way it's meant to work.

Without an opengl32.dll in the directory, there is a crash to desktop. No successful launch. Placing atioglxx.dll in the directory does not change this.

Either copying Opengl32.dll to the directory or renaming atioglxx.dll to Opengl32.dll creates the OpenGL subsystem error. No successful launch.

Running it in softwaregl mode by changing the autoexec to allow it allows the program to run and create a default Wolfconfig, which, since it's the same as any other default wolfconfig, and softwaregl mode is choppy and laggy and does not make for a playable game, it is not a successful launch.

Please do not accuse paying customers of piracy without checking, Stilkdog.

And, before asking, all files 100% validated.

BasketCaseOIC
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
The dll file works for me, and I never had trouble with the game (until the more recent ATI drivers). My question is if ATI plans on fixing this non-support issue with these "older" games? This continues to be a problem in most of the older Doom / Quake games.....which many people still play.

darkpuppy
09-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Short answer: No, they won't.

Long answer: There's no financial incentive for them to do so.

Stilkdog
09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Steam Profile JamieTheD, check for yourself. And the whole point is that, from post-install conditions, there was no successful launch. Running it in softwaregl mode is not a successful launch, although it does create a wolfconfig. Every time a "solution" is posted to the OpenGL problem, I try it from virgin install, because that is the way it's meant to work.

Without an opengl32.dll in the directory, there is a crash to desktop. No successful launch. Placing atioglxx.dll in the directory does not change this.

Either copying Opengl32.dll to the directory or renaming atioglxx.dll to Opengl32.dll creates the OpenGL subsystem error. No successful launch.

Running it in softwaregl mode by changing the autoexec to allow it allows the program to run and create a default Wolfconfig, which, since it's the same as any other default wolfconfig, and softwaregl mode is choppy and laggy and does not make for a playable game, it is not a successful launch.

Please do not accuse paying customers of piracy without checking, Stilkdog.

And, before asking, all files 100% validated.

The only OpenGL.dll files Wolfenstein uses are in the GL folder called
openglv3.dll
openglv5.dll

Tell me if you have those if you do then it's something on your side.

darkpuppy
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
yup. Got them. Copying them to system32, as recommended, doesn't help, copying them to main doesn't help either.

Stilkdog
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
yup. Got them. Copying them to system32, as recommended, doesn't help, copying them to main doesn't help either.

If you can for me uninstall it again, and make sure to go back to the folder and delete the whole folder to make sure it's 100% uninstalled.

Then tell me when you have that done and I will send you my .cfg file and we can see what happens.

Message me on Steam KyleStilkey

darkpuppy
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Done. We shall talk when you are next online.

Lithos
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
@Stilkdog

You, sir, are a life saver.

If I had a sister I would give her to you. :)

Thank you so much, take care.

ClarkF1
09-09-2010, 05:53 PM
@Stilkdog

You, sir, are a life saver.

Thank you so much, take care.

I'll say what he's saying.

Gracias
Vielen Dank
Merci
Thankyou
Grazie mille!

darkpuppy
09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
you know, Stilkdog, a download link to this CFG of yours would very possibly be much easier than trying to get hold of you.

Modz
09-10-2010, 10:26 AM
none of the above listed solutions work using latest drivers. (don't ask me to downgrade i need 10.8 for its aecs5 hot fixes.)

xfx 5770 xxx (10.8 driver version)
core x980
24gb ram
win7 64bit 7600

BasketCaseOIC
09-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Just installed the new 10.9 drivers for my 5850 = still broken without the fix:(

ClarkF1
09-19-2010, 05:11 AM
It works for me with 10.9 on a Radeon 5770

BasketCaseOIC
09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
It works for me with 10.9 on a Radeon 5770

Is RTCW working for you, without the need of the .dll file?

Stilkdog
10-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Is RTCW working for you, without the need of the .dll file?

No it's not but I have reported it to them.

THE Nakedgun
10-19-2010, 11:50 AM
The .dll file still works.

homei
10-21-2010, 05:45 PM
the dll files make the game to run, but you cannot see anything when you are in the game, sill, i hope wil be fix .

THE Nakedgun
10-22-2010, 09:41 AM
the dll files make the game to run, but you cannot see anything when you are in the game, sill, i hope wil be fix .

Works fine for me on Catalyst 10.9

QuadX
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks so much for this. I was able to download the file and put it into my quake directory; now glquake runs!

BasketCaseOIC
10-24-2010, 06:54 AM
10.10 drivers out now - still no luck:( I'm sure the .dll file still works though

Stilkdog
10-24-2010, 08:04 PM
10.10a still doesn't fix it even with a newer version of OpenGL released with them...

DarkSykes
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
My jk2mp.exe gives error has stopped working.. I tried the fix. With no luck. I tried in gamedata folder, and install folder i tried windows sp 3 comp. no luck..

I am running Win 7 x64 Ultimate , Radeon hd 6870 Catalyst 10.10c Attempting to play Jedi Knight II.. please let me know if there is anything i can do to fix.. thank you .

BasketCaseOIC
11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Up to driver version 10.11 now, without a fix from ATI:(

pmamba45
11-20-2010, 02:15 AM
I found uninstalling my upated ATI 10.11 driver and all associated software and installing my initial ATI driver on disc without ever updating past 10.4. version allowed RTCW to work.

self_slaughter
11-20-2010, 08:26 AM
My jk2mp.exe gives error has stopped working.. I tried the fix. With no luck. I tried in gamedata folder, and install folder i tried windows sp 3 comp. no luck..

I am running Win 7 x64 Ultimate , Radeon hd 6870 Catalyst 10.10c Attempting to play Jedi Knight II.. please let me know if there is anything i can do to fix.. thank you .

The dll files from the 10.4 drivers wont work for us lowly Radeon HD-6xxx owners lol...

Just like the latest 10.11 drivers dont even support the friggin 6xxx series.

Just have to wait and hope AMD get their act together for the 10.12 drivers and fix the OpenGL extension limit

(hah yeah right... right about the time microsoft goes open-source)

BasketCaseOIC
11-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I found uninstalling my upated ATI 10.11 driver and all associated software and installing my initial ATI driver on disc without ever updating past 10.4. version allowed RTCW to work.

Yes, but those drivers are old, and don't have the improvements introduced in the more recent drivers. The best option is to use the .dll file until if / when ATI provide an integrated driver solution.

darkpuppy
11-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Something else that fixes the problem has been provided by member rfc in "RTCW Fails to Load" thread, page 2. I'm going to be posting an article highlighting this one for RTCW players on Gamerfill.

pmamba45
11-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes, but those drivers are old, and don't have the improvements introduced in the more recent drivers. The best option is to use the .dll file until if / when ATI provide an integrated driver solution.

Yes but for me, theres not much update improvements other than some resolution fixes for the ATI HD 5xxx series for now.

darkpuppy
11-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Hello, there is a fix available here (https://github.com/downloads/mfn/rtcw-rebirth/rtcw_a6fc687a901e0558ae9c.zip), thanks to mfn (rfc here on the forums.) It's not perfect, but it lets you run the game if you have ATI cards, as far as I know.

Stilkdog
12-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello, there is a fix available here (https://github.com/downloads/mfn/rtc...1e0558ae9c.zip), thanks to mfn (rfc here on the forums.) It's not perfect, but it lets you run the game if you have ATI cards, as far as I know.

1 thanks for just jumping into the thread with a "FIX"

and 2 the links broken...

darkpuppy
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
1) I didn't just jump into the thread, you may recall a page or two back where you and I discussed problems.

2) Link should be fixed. Try it now.

dtrazzledazzle
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for this darkpuppy, works brilliantly for me on 10.8 drivers!

darkpuppy
12-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Thank rfc, monoid, and the rest of the RTCW Rebirth team, they're the ones who found a shedload of memory leaks in the code! xD

pmamba45
12-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I place the mentioned file amongst the displayed files within the program folder of the related game that doesn't work. RTCW, COD 1, Soldier of fortune II are now playable for me now.

Thanks STILKDOG!

abrasive
12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Crashes on startup (no OpenGL error message) can be due to too many OpenGL extensions present on your system - either you can mess with the extension limit settings in your driver (registry or file hack somewhere), or use a patched RTCW binary that handles longer strings from here (http://mafipulation.org/patches/rtcw/)

abrasive
12-21-2010, 08:12 PM
...whoops, if I'd read more carefully I'd have noticed that rfc provided exactly the same workaround in this post (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18663978&postcount=28)

Stilkdog
12-29-2010, 07:18 PM
1) I didn't just jump into the thread, you may recall a page or two back where you and I discussed problems.

2) Link should be fixed. Try it now.

Sorry just seemed like you jumped straight in and tried to do something else my bad. So check the first post again now. Hope you like. :D

darkpuppy
12-30-2010, 11:27 AM
no probs, mate, and thanks muchly! Best to give rfc the reps though, I can't really take any credit. :)

Stilkdog
12-30-2010, 10:45 PM
no probs, mate, and thanks muchly! Best to give rfc the reps though, I can't really take any credit. :)

Oh, well you both posted it before I could see it, so both get it. ;)

Offender_Mullet
12-31-2010, 12:56 AM
Glad to see normal people coming up with solutions, seeing as the AMD engineers left this game to sh*t with Catalyst 10.12

darkpuppy
12-31-2010, 04:17 AM
You'll find, Mr. Mullet, that some games end up getting "resurrected" by the fans. Sometimes (like the System Shock Hack Project) it gets slapped down before it goes too far, and sometimes (like Vampire: Bloodlines), it becomes a completely fan patched endeavour, but most of the time it's fans finding workarounds when something annoys them.

cheeseus
01-04-2011, 10:25 AM
:( None of these work for me. Using Windows 7 x64 and amd radeon 10.12 drivers. The game just crashes immediately when launching.

kor4evod
01-04-2011, 01:45 PM
this problem had been decided 4 me by renaming the executable to quake3.exe and appropriate links correction (sorry 4 my english)

Honkeytron9000
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Did anyone fix the problems with this game and Catalyst 10.12? I can't go back much further in Catalyst drivers due to my HD 6870 or other games get screwed up.

darkpuppy
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
look back at the op, and the executable linked under "New Solution" should do the trick. I also have Cat 10.12, and it appears to still work. Lemme triple check... yup... loaded, and played. Basically, download rfc's fix, copy the files from the archive to your main directory, it should work.

davyn
01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
NEW SOLUTION!

Try this after you have tried my fix, if no luck then give these a try (also make sure to delete the .dll files from the other fixes or it may cause an issue.)

Thanks to rfc (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18663978&postcount=28) and darkpuppy (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18977184&postcount=52) for posting these links.

(Also give them a REP if their posted link fix works for you. Linked their post to their names.)

Used this fix and got past level three, but now get the same crash on mission six part two paderborn village.

win7 32, radeon hd 4670, catalyst 10.12, athlon II X2 250

darkpuppy
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
what, the same OpenGL crash? Hrm. Odd. I don't recall any specific bugs on the paderborn mission, the original crashes were on opening or the meeting with the resistance dude...

Stilkdog
01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Alright, it seems that AMD has finally listened to us.

11.1 Beta drivers have been released and THEY ACTUALLY WORK NOW WITH OPENGL GAMES!

Give them a try here

BasketCaseOIC
01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the update Stilkdog;)

darkpuppy
01-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Sweet, thanks Stilkdog!

kevinski
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Hello, there is a fix available here (https://github.com/downloads/mfn/rtcw-rebirth/rtcw_a6fc687a901e0558ae9c.zip), thanks to mfn (rfc here on the forums.) It's not perfect, but it lets you run the game if you have ATI cards, as far as I know.

Oh my God...THANK YOU!!! I just made the switch to AMD/ATI graphics, and this whole upgrade would've been useless if I couldn't play RtCW. I can't get enough of this game. Haha.

darkpuppy
02-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Heh, might even be LPing it after I'm done with Blade kitten. Expect lots of fails, though, I'm not great at the game. xP

Bloodduty
02-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Also Reports that this works on KotoR and the Jedi Knight Series games too.

SEEMS AMD HAS LISTENED Latest Beta drivers have fixed these issues

These drivers will be newer then next weeks 11.1 WHQL drivers as they are about a month old. AMD said they will release a new 11.1a drivers to fix up some issues with 6xxx series cards.

New Updated File

http://www.filefront.com/17248996/atioglxx10_4.rar (ATI 10.4 Drivers File)

http://www.filefront.com/17248859/atioglxx10_1.rar (ATI 10.1 Drivers File)

[Updates]
* Should play past Level 3 now
* Should allow V-Sync to work if you were having issues before

Old one in case the new one causes you issues

http://www.filefront.com/16696483/atioglxx.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/403424557/atioglxx.rar.html (ATI 9.11 Drivers File)

All you have to do is place that .dll file in the install directory with the .exe files.

THIS WAS TESTED ON WINDOWS 7 64BIT, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY ISSUES PLEASE REPORT HERE WITH YOUR OPERATING INFORMATION SO I MAY HELP YOU FIND A SOLUTION

NEW SOLUTION!

dont need to do this just drop one file in to the directory thats it openal.dll

Steam\steamapps\common\return to castle wolfenstein
just drop it in there all working

Marcos1
03-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Excellent work here.
I had the same problem on my Phenom x4/5770/win 7 x64 set up.
Patched the game (non steam, retail) to 1.4 and removed all files from the GL folder and pasted in atioglxx.dll.
Works great!

MenaceInc
05-26-2011, 03:50 AM
Putting the ATI 10.4 OpenGL driver into the RTCW folder and using the updated build fixed the issue I was having where I was getting low FPS looking at the middle of the map. Thanks.

airblad3
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Sticky please, this fixed it.

FulValBot (ITA)
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
amd has fixed this opengl problem with all games, except Quake1... pls report it... and pls check if there are some other games that can crash or slowdown...

Ebo
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM
amd has fixed this opengl problem with all games, except Quake1... pls report it... and pls check if there are some other games that can crash or slowdown...

I have updated my drivers to the newest ones offered by AMD and Wolfenstein (2009) crashes on startup still... can't get the blasted thing to work, report it where?

FulValBot (ITA)
02-20-2012, 01:29 AM
i need also to know if doom3, prey and quake4 can work with latest catalyst...

Ebo
02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Well I have updated to the latest drivers 12.1 and every time I start Wolfenstein (2009) I get this error.

Wolfe2.exe - Application Error

This application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000005). Click OK to close the application.

Is this on my side or is this due to openGL?

FulValBot (ITA)
02-20-2012, 11:13 AM
no, it's a different problem.

KowKiller
05-18-2013, 09:10 AM
It seems that the files are not available for download anymore. Does anyone know where I can find them? I'm exepriencing a lot of slowdowns and the unofficial patch didn't help.

Lum
05-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Not sure which version of the DLL this is. I haven't played RTCW in over a year, but it's the version that fixed it for me, pulled straight from my RTCW install directory.

http://www.lum.co.uk/atioglxx.7z

KowKiller
05-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Not sure which version of the DLL this is. I haven't played RTCW in over a year, but it's the version that fixed it for me, pulled straight from my RTCW install directory.

http://www.lum.co.uk/atioglxx.7z

It works, thanks!