PDA

View Full Version : How to Install Clan Quest Mod 2.0

YeEsquilax
06-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Hi, I've just downloaded Clan Quest Mod 2.0, but I have no indication whether it successfully installed or not. As far as I know, along with the pack, you get alternate clothing for PC's at the character creation screen, but since I couldn't find any, nor did I see an altered UI onscreen (I installed Camarilla Edition 1.2. alongside it) I can only assume that it wasn't installed.

I already have Wesp's patch, which I installed by sending it to the following directory, which I read in another thread, since I had the "Memory less than 15MB!!!" Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines

Also, on an unrelated note - I can't seem to save Therese/Jeanette even though my PC has a persuasion and seduction skill of 4. Is this another bug or something? I've been polite to both sisters, so I'm confused as to why I don't get the appropriate dialogue options.

Tanukisan
06-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I think you need a min persuasion of 5 to save Tourette...

burgermeister01
06-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey!

Check out the known issues page: http://planet-vampire.com/modules/Burgermeister/issues.php

It sounds like you may have fallen for my first bullet in the list -- in that I accidentally left a mistake in the readme file! You have to change the install path to <Vampire directory>/Vampire to get it to work.

You should know right away if it works, because the game's opening splash screen reads 'Clan Quest Mod' underneath the main header.

Let me know if this helps, and sorry for the trouble!

YeEsquilax
06-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I think you need a min persuasion of 5 to save Tourette...

I tried this as well, just to be sure, as I had additional experience points as well. I even tried with a persuasion of 6. However, no luck - Tourette just shoots herself anyways.

Wesp5
06-11-2010, 01:36 AM
I tried this as well, just to be sure, as I had additional experience points as well. I even tried with a persuasion of 6. However, no luck - Tourette just shoots herself anyways.

Persuasion is not enough. You must have been very nice to both of them during the earlier part of the game.

YeEsquilax
06-12-2010, 07:14 AM
burgermeister, thanks very much for your help. The work you've done looks fantastic and I really look forward to playing it. I got the mod working and I see it on the interface.

However, there are still two problems. First, my PC characters that I saved pre-mod can't seem to feed. I rolled a new character with the mod and he was able to feed just fine. Is this just a side-effect of the mod? It's not a big deal, as I was looking forward to starting another playthrough, just curious.

Secondly, I didn't like the new music I heard as much as the original, so I uninstalled that part. However, it seems to have eliminated all music in the game entirely, save for a few minor ambient bits when I'm walking around Santa Monica. When I head into Asylum, there's only the sound of crowd chatter and no music theme when I launch the game. How can I avoid this?

burgermeister01
06-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey, I'm so glad to hear that you got it working. AND I have answers to both your questions...

1) Weird, weird behavior is the result of loading a saved game that was created before installing a mod. Once you install the mod, you basically have to restart the game. This is an unfortunate side effect of any Vampire mod that edits the maps, such as CQM. Basically, your saved game is using the old map files, while the rest of the game is using the new mod files, which creates all kinds of side effects. So yea, starting a new game was the right thing to do.

2) I'm not sure exactly how you uninstalled the sound files, but it sounds like it deleted those sound files completely. That would make sense because the mod just overwrites the old sound files, so the uninstaller can't differentiate between the new music and the old music.

The way to fix this would be reinstall Vampire to a new directory, and then copy the sound/music/ folder into your current directory. However, since that's a pain in the ♥♥♥, I saved you the trouble by posting the game's music files on my filefront account. You can download this zip file, then just extract the contents in the <Vampire install directory>/Vampire/sound/ directory.

http://www.filefront.com/16730361/music.zip

Hope this helps!

BM01

YeEsquilax
06-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey burgermeister, I reinstalled the game and mod along with it and everything is fine and the way that I want it to be. Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful.

And I hear you're going to make even more additional quests within the game as well? If that's the case, it looks like Bloodlines will be on my hard drive for a long time.