PDA

View Full Version : Can I register retail CD key in Steam?

superzee
06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
If I bought spore retail and played it before registering it on steam, and I got pretty far, will my progress be deleted if I register it?:confused:

spyrochaete
06-16-2010, 06:40 AM
If you're asking whether you can add your Spore product key to Steam, the answer is no. You can only add a shortcut to Spore on your Steam games list. This will not have any effect on your saved games.

Also, what's with the title of this thread?

Hive Mind
07-29-2010, 09:36 AM
*Made this thread into a petition for being able to register it in Steam*
/signed

Freddanator
08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah i want to be able to link it to steam, I want to get the creepy and cute pack and would be so much easier if the game was in steam so i just bought the pack instead of going out to get the media...

/signed

ventxekart
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I want the CD Key for Spore and its expansion packs available for use on Steam as well.

/signed

Kayube
12-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I came here looking to see if this was possible somehow. Would be nice to have. *signs*

Phatmillips
12-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Not going to happen, ever. Why would steam/Valve allow you to register a non-valve purchased key and allow you to use their bandwidth to redownload the game when you want? They only do that on extreme circumstances, usually now only for titles that require steamworks to operate. Bandwidth isnt cheap guys.

You would have better luck in registering this key in the EA Download Manager - you might be able register it there and if so, you'd be able to redownload it anytime afaik

X4rdas
12-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Not going to happen, ever. Why would steam/Valve allow you to register a non-valve purchased key and allow you to use their bandwidth to redownload the game when you want? They only do that on extreme circumstances, usually now only for titles that require steamworks to operate. Bandwidth isnt cheap guys.

You would have better luck in registering this key in the EA Download Manager - you might be able register it there and if so, you'd be able to redownload it anytime afaik

Google --> Humble Indiepack... they even let you register games you didnt buy.

/signed

But since this is an ea game i think ea doesnt care about customers. but we can try

MrVinny1113
01-29-2013, 09:26 PM
/signed

MoshiMarlo
03-31-2013, 03:35 AM
/signed

why do i have to rebuy this game just to have it on steam?? I already have the retail copy...