PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy Fallout DLC on Steam

sinanc
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
can't buy them from microsoft. region issues... as a fan, i'm not buying new vegas. i'll wait for the updated version to have the complete game.

waramp19
06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
but new vegas is going to be distributed on steam, not by microsoft. do you have region issues with steam? if not, there's no reason not to get new vegas.

sinanc
06-11-2010, 04:16 AM
i bought fallout 3 on steam but i couldn't add the add-ons. then they released a "game of the year edition" with all add-ons. i don't know if there'll be any add-ons for new vegas, but i don't want to be a sucker this time.

ben583
06-11-2010, 04:30 AM
I've heard that all FO3 DLC will soon be available separately.

waramp19
06-11-2010, 10:57 AM
i bought fallout 3 on steam but i couldn't add the add-ons. then they released a "game of the year edition" with all add-ons. i don't know if there'll be any add-ons for new vegas, but i don't want to be a sucker this time.

yes, it was released a year after the original (it's hard to release a game of the year edition first...). if you want to wait for a year, be our guest. but you will be able to buy any individual DLC for fallout new vegas on steam.

Mouseraider
06-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Luckely for everyone new vegas will be using steamworks, this means that everything will have to be registered through steam. This also means that if there should at some point be released any dlc's then we will be able to buy them on steam.

So no need to wait for the GOTY edition, unless you just don't want to buy the game untill such a release is here.

edit

Btw, I don't know what deal M$ managed to delude Bethesda into signing, but it must be major since we still can't buy the fallout 3 dlc's individually through steam.

Goteki-45
06-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, technically you can. The cost of buying all the DLC through GfWL is the same as it costs to buy the Fallout 3 GotY edition on Steam (at normal price. This weekend sale makes it cheaper).

If all you want to do is buy all the DLC, then just re-purchasing Fallout 3 will have the desired effect at the same cost (or half the cost, if you do it today).

StarKiller_WNY
06-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Well, technically you can. The cost of buying all the DLC through GfWL is the same as it costs to buy the Fallout 3 GotY edition on Steam (at normal price. This weekend sale makes it cheaper).

If all you want to do is buy all the DLC, then just re-purchasing Fallout 3 will have the desired effect at the same cost (or half the cost, if you do it today).

Although as Valve has somehow ran out of keys you wont be able to play it until they are able to get more keys, although their payment servers are still working so they will gladly take your money!